Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the love of me I can't understand why is it when Green, Ginobili is struggling, he comes out with Neal who hasn't been on. When you have Tracy with Length sitting on the bench. I know yal gone say he doesn't know the system. But in the first half, it seems as if dont to many Spurs players seems to be in place. If we lose the series, I pray Pop gets fired for not using all available weapons. When its clear, what he's putting out there isn't working.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Normally I would agree on this but you can't blame Pop if his players cant defend for or can't knock wide open shots to save their lives.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Normally I would agree on this but you can't blame Pop if his players cant defend for or can't knock wide open shots to save their lives.
    ^

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    coaching only gets you so far. Coaches don't play the games. But where pop and rc should both be held accountable is the aquiring of players.trying to be the phoenix suns is nice and all but playing that way didn't win them any championships, don't know why pop and rc think they could, building the team the same way...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would usually laugh at the Tmac suggestions, but honestly him not knowing the system isn't an excuse not to play him, because WE AREN'T RUNNING OUR . We're catering to their style of play and trying to beat them at what THEY do, so it doesn't matter who "knows the system" cause Pop seems to have thrown that out the window after Curry hit a couple jumpers.

My Team
    Philadelphia 76ers
    Post Count
    I would usually laugh at the Tmac suggestions, but honestly him not knowing the system isn't an excuse not to play him, because WE AREN'T RUNNING OUR . We're catering to their style of play and trying to beat them at what THEY do, so it doesn't matter who "knows the system" cause Pop seems to have thrown that out the window after Curry hit a couple jumpers.

Enemy of the FCC and AMA Dr. John R. Brinkley's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't say Pop is the problem overall.

However, I do think he is tactician who excels when seeing things from a distance with his philosophical approach and preaching patience. This works great for the regular season.

However, he often panics in the post season and is unable to either stick with his plan or adjust on the fly, which is why when the team hits adversity it usually folds. And I'm afraid we are getting into that realm once again if we don't come out strong tonight.

I realize Tiago's injury dictated Pop had to adjust. But Tiago was healthy yesterday, but instead he goes to Bonner, which not to agree with the simple-minded Pop haters, but this was a bad sign that Pop has gone back to distrusting Tiago to some degree, or suggests that Pop doesn't have the confidence to stick to his own gameplan and season long approach, such as moving away from Bonner.

I think starting Tiago is crucial. The team needs movement more than it just needs to go big. Tim has been under the weather, but the 4 down approach has been awful and made everyone stand around and gives unneeded rest to the Warriors. We need to speed the game up while staying big. My two cents.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey, I hear Vinny Del Negro might be available soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony, Tim, and Manu are the reason the Spurs are in the hole they're in...Tony looks helpless...Tim looks tired...and Manu looks old...everyone else is just a role player that feeds off of whatever these three guys are doing...no need to blame Pop on this one....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with you because your point helps mine. Pop keeps going to the same people an they cant throw a stick in a ocean. Why not try Tmac. Try something different for a change. Neal didn't come to play. Thats clear so scratch him out the lineup an see what a vet that you signed for the playoffs can do.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TMac would be a good option to defend barnes that way you dont need to double team him,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with you because your point helps mine. Pop keeps going to the same people an they cant throw a stick in a ocean. Why not try Tmac. Try something different for a change. Neal didn't come to play. Thats clear so scratch him out the lineup an see what a vet that you signed for the playoffs can do.
    It doesn't. TMac playing won't change jack .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch Pop play TMac only in the game where Spurs are eliminated, TMac goes for 30 in 24 minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't blame Pop for poor shooting, however he is to blame for starting Bonner and adjusting to their game instead of making them adjust to us. We need to go big and pound them, this is the playoff damnit!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch Pop play TMac only in the game where Spurs are eliminated, TMac goes for 30 in 24 minutes.
    That kinda seems to be a similar story for the past few years. Stubborn ass Pop just won't change. smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol..T-Mac: Playoff Saviour..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same T-Mac couldn't get his ass out of the first round in his prime gonna be a big playoff stud now at 35..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Bonner starts then I will agree.
    If Bonner gets more than 10 minutes without hitting at least 2 three pointers, I will agree.
    If Neal plays defense on Thompson or Curry for more than a rotational switch, I will agree.
    If Diaw plays only 8 minutes and in injury is not clearly stated as the reason he is not playing, I will agree.

Pop made some calls in game 2 that I am pretty sure no one outside of his coaching circle and GS Warrior fans supported in game 2.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn't. TMac playing won't change jack .
    Never underestimate a vet. Look at Fisher for the Thunder. Tmac is a smart player.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Matt Bonner starting.

Tiago Splitter and Tim Duncan playing zero minutes together.

"Return to defense" = 4 guard lineups in the playoffs jacking up threes.

Pop isn't the problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's playing at a Chinese MVP level!

Fire Pop!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Matt Bonner starting.

Tiago Splitter and Tim Duncan playing zero minutes together.

"Return to defense" = 4 guard lineups in the playoffs jacking up threes.

Pop isn't the problem.
    Splitter and Boris are hobbled.

Thanks a lot for their injuries, Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one has dubbed him savior but your stupid ass. The fact that we signed a vet should mean something. We can't keep putting the same product out if it's not working out. That's Pop's job. Put us in the best position possible to win. He's acting like the silly old man he is an stuck in his old ways. Any time any Spur shot a jumper, I held my breath. Tmac wouldn't have missed those chippies.

It is what it is. Mark in Austin's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop isn't the problem. David Lee is the problem. His injury has freed up Curry to be the perfect antidote to the Spurs defensive schemes. This is a worse matchup than 2006 Dallas or 2012 OKC. Read and learn:

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...n-the-playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    coaching only gets you so far. Coaches don't play the games. But where pop and rc should both be held accountable is the aquiring of players.trying to be the phoenix suns is nice and all but playing that way didn't win them any championships, don't know why pop and rc think they could, building the team the same way...
    I agree on this here, this is not the formula to win in the playoffs and never was. You can't do the same thing yearly and expect different results.

Thread Information