Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - Splitter, obviously, as I said in the other thread..

Diaw will play a huge factor, too..

The Spurs bigs need to punish Miami inside..unlike Indiana's bigs that can't handle pressure and traps, all 3 of the Spurs bigs(excluding Bonner) are great passers that will find shooters and cutters..

- Manu Ginobili as a facilitator and spot-up shooter..

I'm not expecting much from Manu as a go-to scorer, especially against Miami's perimeter defense, but he CANNOT commit careless turnovers that lead to Miami breaks..

He's going to play more minutes at PG in this series with Tony playing off screens more often(and I expect Pop to reduce the minutes of Neal and Joseph), his play-making is going to be essential for the Spurs chances..

In addition, Miami often suffers from lapses against shooters, especially with the attention that Duncan could command, thus Manu's spot-up shooting is important, tbh..

- The minutes of Gary Neal and Cory Joseph..

I don't trust either guy against Miami's swarming defense, tbh..

Neal can't dribble and Joseph struggles with his aggressiveness, I don't know if Pop can trust either guy to handle the ball, tbh..

- Spurs' perimeter defenders tendency to fall asleep against shooters..

This has been a problem for the Spurs, tbh..everybody on the perimeter has been a culprit, but Danny Green, Gary Neal and Tony Parker have been bad for this IMO..

The Spurs can't afford to leave guys like Ray Allen, Chalmers, Miller, etc..

- Spoelstra has trouble making adjustments..

Spoelstra is known to make adjustments a game or two late, tbh..Pop needs to be one step ahead at all times..

- What to do with Lebron?..

Do you double him? Do you let him score? Do you guard him with Leonard?..

IMO, make him a scorer, make him play like Kobe, tbh..

Give him different looks, don't make Leonard guard him all game..Kawhi's rebounding and team defense has been a huge key for this Spurs run, he's going to be exhausted against James, especially inside..

I'd rather have Kawhi shutting down Wade, which is a realistic and achievable goal, tbh..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure Pop has been dissecting the out of the film. He knew Miami was going to win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've said before the matchups were set that Danny should be on Bron and all focus needs to be on stopping Wade/Bosh. I think Kawhi can effectively take Wade out of the series and Splitter can do a decent job on Bosh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bosh could be a huge problem. He seemingly does very well against the Spurs. Not a great match up. West is an underrated defender and a bit more mobile than Tiago/Tim on the perimeter which is why you probably saw Bosh struggle vs Indy (also, he was utilized terribly, which I hope continues).

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    - Splitter, obviously, as I said in the other thread..

Diaw will play a huge factor, too..

The Spurs bigs need to punish Miami inside..unlike Indiana's bigs that can't handle pressure and traps, all 3 of the Spurs bigs(excluding Bonner) are great passers that will find shooters and cutters..
    blair also = great passer ................... bonner is not for this series ............

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Yeah, take your best defender and put him on Wade with a bum knee. What a waste tha wuld be.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who will you root for then?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A few?

good points, though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bonner playing tough and hitting shots could definitely be an asset, you just can't count on it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, take your best defender and put him on Wade with a bum knee. What a waste tha wuld be.
    Did you watch tonight's game? Wade was flying around out there, elevating fine for lay ups and jumps shots on that "bad knee." That story is overblown. Wade is fine.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu WILL turn the ball over. That's a given. Can he do enough to overcome his turnovers? That's the question. I think he will. Just a hunch.

Kawhi will be neutralized by the refs, I fear. He does not have enough NBA experience to get the benefit of calls against greats like Wade and James. His 3 point shooting and rebounding will be important nonetheless.

So, a monster series from Tony Parker will be mandatory. I think he'll deliver.

And oh yeah, Timmy Duncan. He'll abuse the Heat frontline as much as can be expected from a 37 year old.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan vs. Bosh and Kawhi vs. Wade

If TD can handily outplay Bosh, and if Kawhi is able to limit Wade's efficiency, then that will put all kinds of pressure on Lebron.

I think the obvious solution to the Lebron issue is to put Green/Manu/Diaw on him and dare him to go Kobe on you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    About Lebron- Switch the defense on of him every possession. Man up on him some, throw a hedging double at other times, and triple him at some point in the game. Give him a different look every time he has the ball. Throw Diaw at him a few times at least. Keep him unsure about whether he should get rid of the ball or make a play. You do this to keep him off his game for as long as possible. Be relentless, and throw a few hard fouls at him when he takes it inside.

Stop the three point shots from Battier, Allen, or Lebron. Never give these guys an open look.

Danny Green has to step up huge in this series. Danny hitting 3-4 3pt shots at a minimum is absolutely the most overlooked key to this series. If he doesn't hit his shots the Spurs will be toast.

Parker has to get in the paint at will this series or we aren't going anywhere.

Pop has to keep his guys in the games early and in the 3rd quarters. Attack early and often. Keep the guys sharp when it comes to movement, crisp passing, and rebounding. Ultimately we can win if we rotate our defense hardcore, pass the ball well, and get every one involved.
    Last edited by DespЏrado; 06-03-2013 at 11:52 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the Spurs to have a shot they have to play perfect basketball. If the role players step up, the Spurs have a shot. Lebron will not be contained; have to hope Wade and Bosh are on their last legs.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Did you watch tonight's game? Wade was flying around out there, elevating fine for lay ups and jumps shots on that "bad knee." That story is overblown. Wade is fine.
    It's not overblown. He's hurting. Wade's had two 20 point games in the postseason and Indjana had go back off defensively because everybody for the Pacers was in foul trouble. You put your best defender on the opposing team's best player. I'm not comfortable with Green or Manu guarding Lebron for 30 seconds let alone 30 minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harlem, i think you want dem Heat to win tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a wise man once said, "Turnovers. Turnovers." That's what killed the Pacers tonight. Some were due to dumb plays by Indiana, but a lot were due to elite defense by the Heat.

Those hard traps and double teams aren't sustainable for a whole game, but the Heat only need one 5-10 minute burst like that to put you away. Tim, Tony, and Manu are going to have to be smart and patient when they come.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed with the worries about Bosh's mid-range game..the Spurs have always struggled against defending mid-range shots from big men, Splitter and Diaw will be key..

I'm also expecting Tony Parker to play off-ball more often, tbh..we saw glimpses vs. Memphis, I expect to see more vs. Miami..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not overblown. He's hurting. Wade's had two 20 point games in the postseason and Indjana had go back off defensively because everybody for the Pacers was in foul trouble. You put your best defender on the opposing team's best player. I'm not comfortable with Green or Manu guarding Lebron for 30 seconds let alone 30 minutes.
    I'd rather they vary the looks against Lebron, like I said in the OP..

Most people expect Leonard to guard him for the entire 40 minutes, but I don't think it's a wise move, especially since Lebron is going to get his numbers against any defender..I'm fine with Leonard as the primary guy, but they need to switch it up often, and Leonard should spend some time against Wade..

We've already seen how Lebron's teams struggle when he's the only scoring option, tbh..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    another key would be to keep their scrub Birdman from getting cheapies down low. The Pacers just kept underestimating him but he bailed them out several times. We need to box him out.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I'd rather they vary the looks against Lebron, like I said in the OP..

Most people expect Leonard to guard him for the entire 40 minutes, but I don't think it's a wise move, especially since Lebron is going to get his numbers against any defender..I'm fine with Leonard as the primary guy, but they need to switch it up often, and Leonard should spend some time against Wade..

We've already seen how Lebron's teams struggle when he's the only scoring option, tbh..
    Lebron will get his regardless but I want him to have to work for it. Ginobili is too slow and Green is way too inconsistent. If anything, you can give Lebron diffeent looks for the first three quarters when Lebron usually defers to his teammates. But in the 4th, its got to be Leonard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron will get his regardless but I want him to have to work for it. Ginobili is too slow and Green is way too inconsistent. If anything, you can give Lebron diffeent looks for the first three quarters when Lebron usually defers to his teammates. But in the 4th, its got to be Leonard.
    I think Diaw is almost an equally good choice. Diaw has the length, speed, and strength to give Lebron trouble in the post and on the three point line. (and I grudgingly wish Jackson were here to give us a few minutes on Lebron, it's why we needed him in the first place. Pissed off at that loser for failing so hard.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Taking my homer glasses off and it's clear that Duncan will have to be dominant for the Spurs to win this series tbh.

I'm not sure he can do it but I know that mof'er is going to try.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -Diaw posting up when he has a small on him, much like in the GSW series when they played small and had Barnes on him he scored easily in the post. Lets hope he can take advantage of a Battier, Allen or Miller etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Taking my homer glasses off and it's clear that Duncan will have to be dominant for the Spurs to win this series tbh.

I'm not sure he can do it but I know that mof'er is going to try.
    He was able to do it against some of the best defending bigs in the game in these playoffs. Why would you think he wouldn't be able to do it against the Heat's bigs?

Thread Information