Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, seriously?

If the award were given out at this point in time, he'd have to be the favorite to win it. The er is 16/23 from deep and seriously checking The Greatest Player in The World when matched up in the low post. Obviously, he's a scrub and won't keep it up, but gott damn this er went from dancing on the sidelines to playing in Slovenia, to dominating the NBA finals. Props to Danny Green.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Would be a good story but its a media award. Right now its not clear but Parker seems to be the favorite with his beautiful display of clutch in Game 1. If Danny gets 2 more 20 pt games and continues to do a fine job on Bron then its his.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Postgame was hilarious. Green walks in with this -eating grin on his face and says, "Sup?" as he sits down.

Pop: "He's a pretty confident young man right now"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes absolutely, who else are you going to give it to?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard would be my pick if the series ended today. While it's hard to ignore Green's offense (a couple of those 3s did come in garbage time) and good defense, Leonard has been a beast on the boards, is Lebron's primary's defender, and has just generally created havoc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lebron only scored like 10 pts on KL so far in the series...rest from scrubs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes absolutely, who else are you going to give it to?
    Leonard, Kawhi

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard would be my pick if the series ended today. While it's hard to ignore Green's offense (a couple of those 3s did come in garbage time) and good defense, Leonard has been a beast on the boards, is Lebron's primary's defender, and has just generally created havoc.
    Stop thinking rationally and think like the people who give out the award. Nobody notices defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Loved what Green did last night, but lets be realistic, dude is a pure shooter who happened to be OPEN most of the game and very caliente....... but he's not the focus of attention. , even the old Manu Brickobili was being doubled teamed.... TD and TP draw A LOT of attention, if players like Green Neal and Leonard hit their shot, we don't need the big three to put up big numbers, but they are still the reason the spurs are successful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if Parker could win it, i don't see why Green couldn't tbh

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This would be a great story, being cut twice, D-League..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This would be a great story, being cut twice, D-League..
    Dancing with GPOTP, dancing on his legacy

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Dancing with GPOTP, dancing on his legacy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny cannot win the MVP. Lebron will win the Finals MVP. Players on losing teams don't win the MVP since West won it. Even if the Spurs somehow found a way to win, Danny wouldn't win the MVP. It would go to Tim or Tony. Even ESPN gave Tim most of the credit for the win last night, already setting up the scenario for a "wtf" when the give him the trophy.

Danny with a Finals MVP would be a disaster for the league. It would mean that stars don't matter, and that's counterproductive for a star fueled league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, Tony won in 2007...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny cannot win the MVP. Lebron will win the Finals MVP. Players on losing teams don't win the MVP since West won it. Even if the Spurs somehow found a way to win, Danny wouldn't win the MVP. It would go to Tim or Tony. Even ESPN gave Tim most of the credit for the win last night, already setting up the scenario for a "wtf" when the give him the trophy.

Danny with a Finals MVP would be a disaster for the league. It would mean that stars don't matter, and that's counterproductive for a star fueled league.
    Pretty much agree with this. It'd be one thing if Leonard had Green's numbers. Then the NBA could market a new star. But Green is a little too old to market as a rising player, and he's not likely to get so much better than he gets true star production. I expect whomever out of Parker and Duncan play the best going forward to get the MVP if the Spurs win the series.

Goodwill Ambassador spurs_fan_in_exile's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For him to absolutely deserve it he'll need at least one more big game, for them to bother awarding it to him he'll need two. If he has another big game in this series Spoelstra should be fired. If Danny Green has two then the people of Miami need to beat Spoelstra in the street with sacks of plantains and coke. (Or whatever it is that they have in their homes. Those are just the two obvious ones that jumped to mind.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In 2005 Manu could have won it but it was given to Tim because Manu wasn't a "star" at the time.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, Tony won in 2007...
    Right, even though it was still very much Tim's team in 2007, Tony won the Finals MVP because the series was such a blowout. Just like last night, we didn't need 25-15 games from Tim in order to win. Tony played well, but he was the beneficiary of a blowout series. At this point, I'd say Kawhi should win it. But it's more likely they'll give it to Tim. I agree with the theory that the NBA would prefer that a star win the Finals MVP. David Stern would be rollin over in his grave if Danny Green won it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs win, they should give it to T-Mac, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he keeps shooting the way he has, I don't see why not?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

fail

I'd take Kawhi so far, but Duncan/Green are not a bad option. long way to go.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    checking him in the low post

anyone can check anybody in the low post, if you have 2 other defenders (one of them always being a 7 footer) waiting to crash on him the second he makes a move.

all green has done is do an effective job of triple teaming lebron. woo hoo

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this the beginning of a "Greensanity"?!

Scarlett our Goddess4ever
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    fail

I'd take Kawhi so far, but Duncan/Green are not a bad option. long way to go.
    the 04' pistons didn't have no star so they had to pick a more glossy one from a bag of rocks imho

Thread Information