Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why haven't the spurs gave him his fair shot? I understand he's a scorer by nature but if they were to come at him and let him know the things he would need to do to earn legitimate minutes was to work on his point guard skills, I think he would be a good choice. If there not going to experiment or give it a try why would they even bring him back? Just his positive at ude alone should give him a shot. He handled being benched professionally. With his scoring ability and some improvement on his point guard skills, this wouldn't be a bad option.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    because no one will replace his place as the teams towel waver

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We already have a back up point guard....Bonner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is not a PG, SG in PG body like a few we have.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count

That and because Pop has a serious hard on for De Colo. Another year of backup pg by committee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FYI...Patty had an opportunity to exercise his player option, but he chose to stay with the team. It's not as if the Spurs are holding him hostage.

Honestly though, I think Patty will be given the opportunity to step into a solid bench role...even if its not backup PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That and because Pop has a serious hard on for De Colo. Another year of backup pg by committee.
    De Colo didnt even play after he was basically named backup PG. If thats what you call a "serious hard on" for De Colo, then Pop is literally ing Bonner on a nightly basis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no idea why Pop likes him so much? I agree another year of that crap! Thats a main reason why the O in the second unit stalled with Parker out alot of times, no backup ball handler out there because Manu was getting older and unable to do it anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea I know he's not a pg but I'm sure they could develop him into one. He can dribble, shoot and I'm sure create. About the player option I didn't know much about it but I see what your saying. Foreign players feel at home with the spurs that's probably the case.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    De Colo didnt even play after he was basically named backup PG. If thats what you call a "serious hard on" for De Colo, then Pop is literally ing Bonner on a nightly basis.
    He got plenty of playing time prior to being named the official backup pg and he had chances afterwards. The problem is De Colo isn't NBA caliber anything where as Bonner can at least knock down open shots. De Crapo has zero game. It's funny that he's still here. When Jackson complained about playing time, he was released. When De Colo complained, he gets to stay. And your comparison stinks. Bonner got a new contract three years ago when the Spurs had no business re-signing him. Pop as hard on for both.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FYI...Patty had an opportunity to exercise his player option, but he chose to stay with the team. It's not as if the Spurs are holding him hostage.

Honestly though, I think Patty will be given the opportunity to step into a solid bench role...even if its not backup PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He got plenty of playing time prior to being named the official backup pg and he had chances afterwards. The problem is De Colo isn't NBA caliber anything where as Bonner can at least knock down open shots. De Crapo has zero game. It's funny that he's still here. When Jackson complained about playing time, he was released. When De Colo complained, he gets to stay. And your comparison stinks. Bonner got a new contract three years ago when the Spurs had no business re-signing him. Pop as hard on for both.
    Damn sadly I have to agree, De Colo sucks IMO from what I saw and BONNER I can't stand THANKS POOP..... I wish both of them were gone, waste of cap space.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because we don't have a backup towel waver.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty is one of the backup PGs.

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why haven't the spurs gave him his fair shot? I understand he's a scorer by nature but if they were to come at him and let him know the things he would need to do to earn legitimate minutes was to work on his point guard skills, I think he would be a good choice. If there not going to experiment or give it a try why would they even bring him back? Just his positive at ude alone should give him a shot. He handled being benched professionally. With his scoring ability and some improvement on his point guard skills, this wouldn't be a bad option.
    He got a fair shot. There were two other guys competing for the position that deserved, and got, their fair shots too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He got a fair shot. There were two other guys competing for the position that deserved, and got, their fair shots too.
    Out of the three candidates, De Colo, Joesph and Mills, which one do you like? Me personally Mills is a scorer, if we get him to be a play maker too that would be lovely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty can't defend the position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How does Pop have a hard on for De Colo when he chose to dress Mills over him during the playoffs? lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't even like De Colo, but he didn't get plenty of playing time. That's bull . We don't know the exact words that were exchanged between pop and Jax. Not a good comparison to De Colo's emo rant. Don't really care that Bonner played, but that he got significant time. De Colo didn't. Bonner was supposed to be a 4th or 5th big. Bonner was the first player off the bench. If De Colo had zero game, he wouldn't be in the league, period. The Spurs know talent. Now whether they improve or stick with the system is a different story. Again, De Colo didn't even get to get any game time to get experience or improve. Pop can trade De Colo, Bonner and Mills for all I care, but don't say that De Colo had " plenty of playing time." He didn't.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because we have Nando.

Nando >>> Patty.

Play Nando..........

Nando = X-Factor 2013-2014....................

Nando = Future All-Star..............

Nando = Manu Replacement...........

Nando + Kawhi + Belinelli = Spurs Future

Scarlett our Goddess4ever
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    He was one of the top performers on London Olympics last year, I think he's worth giving a chance at least. I'd still rather have Neal over Mills but both guys would be better than TJ Ford imho. Ford is broke and done.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty = Garbage Time All-Star

Nando = Future Hall-of-Famer

THE TRUTH.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because we have Nando.

Nando >>> Patty.

Play Nando..........

Nando = X-Factor 2013-2014....................

Nando = Future All-Star..............

Nando = Manu Replacement...........

Nando + Kawhi + Belinelli = Spurs Future
    Honestly though Nando doesn't even know what his position will end up being. He's big enough to be a shooting guard but he can't stroke it yet maybe he'll develop a shot. Either one Nando or Mills is good for me I just want some consistency at that position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty had a subpar season after a strong performance in the lockout year and the Olympics.

He's nothing more than a situational player, imo. With CoJo on the team, I would rather play him over Mills.

Thread Information