Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I figure since MLB keeps teasing with numbers, durations, and time tables, that I'd take advantage of the anticipation.

What do ya think he gets?
    What do ya think he deserves?

He so polarizing I anticipate a lot of "life" bans, but I would be shocked if that happens.

Get: this and next, forfeits salary those years.
    Deserves: two full seasons, buyout, but not a true blacklisting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cowardly hides behind liarwyers ala Roger Lemons.

Nothing happens.
    Drags it out for years. Says he want's to *retire to spend more time with his family.*

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm thinking nothing will happen to anyone else this season, though if someone was going to be next I'd put my money on Nellie Cruz unfortunately.

Banned
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Lifetime, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm thinking nothing will happen to anyone else this season, though if someone was going to be next I'd put my money on Nellie Cruz unfortunately.
    How long do think Cruz's suspension will be?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How long do think Cruz's suspension will be?
    Report from Jim Bowden is that Cruz is "highly likely" to accept a suspension and will no appeal; that makes me think he'll get the exact same suspension as Braun. A-Rod's ass will probably appeal for a season or two then like Fabbs said, he'll just retire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think life

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I think A-Rod and his people are right to appeal. At his age and his steady decline the last few years, after this season and next season, he may just as well be finished anyway. If he has a chance to still play, he can't wait another 2 years. He's done either way. If he fights it, weren't the rumors were that the MLB would go after a lifetime ban? I think on appeal, he won't get a full lifetime. I'll say on appeal, he'd get something like 125 games.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I think he gets a full season at minimum, even if he "wins" an appeal. Hard to know for certain, but seems like MLB has a hand. They can't bluff. ARod's side gets to see it. But it seems like it's a strong hand if they are talking "integrity of the game" clause and life-time ban.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    SI is reporting MLB will suspend ARod for life and 8 other players in coming days.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I hope Rodriguez fights it with every last breath he has. And I hope he wins and then goes after MLB for damages & Selig personally for same. Let's vet this and see the rats run, Selig the biggest rodent. He cashed in and now wants to sweep it under the rug. Uh, uh.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I hope Rodriguez fights it with every last breath he has. And I hope he wins and then goes after MLB for damages & Selig personally for same. Let's vet this and see the rats run, Selig the biggest rodent. He cashed in and now wants to sweep it under the rug. Uh, uh.
    Culb

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Don't disagree, and I've argued such for Bonds, whose use was before use was illegal.

Rodriguez', for the most part, has occurred when use was banned.

As I said in another thread, I just assume every uses. Thank Selig for that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he gets a full season at minimum, even if he "wins" an appeal. Hard to know for certain, but seems like MLB has a hand. They can't bluff. ARod's side gets to see it. But it seems like it's a strong hand if they are talking "integrity of the game" clause and life-time ban.
    Winner.

They finally dropped the hammer on this .

He has been officially suspended for the entire 2014 season. Its too bad they reduced the original 211 games to 162 but that still does the trick.

Guy is done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    baseball

MLB...what a league

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    too bad the media won't focus their attention on the NBA

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Watching this 60 minutes interview I'm sorry but all they have on A-Rod is hearsay. If I had to bet I'd definitely bet he's taken PEDs, but it's just Bosch's words against his in terms of what these text messages/emails are referring to. No way this deserves a 162 game suspension.

Bosch is also dropping truthbombs every time he gets some sanctimonious question about the integrity of the game

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Watching this 60 minutes interview I'm sorry but all they have on A-Rod is hearsay. If I had to bet I'd definitely bet he's taken PEDs, but it's just Bosch's words against his in terms of what these text messages/emails are referring to. No way this deserves a 162 game suspension.

Bosch is also dropping truthbombs every time he gets some sanctimonious question about the integrity of the game
    This, tbh.... this is just a bull witch hunt from Selig so he can pretend he's "done something" about the "steroid issue," tbh....

I say just let the players juice at this point and they can deal with the consequences of their own actions later, tbh... it's clear that the MLB's rules are a joke and aren't stopping anybody, and the steroid/HGH makers are always a step ahead....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but it's just Bosch's words against his in terms of what these text messages/emails are referring to.
    Come on now... it did everything but say "i'm taking PEDs and I'm going to take something to cover it up before the game" in the text messages.

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Come on now... it did everything but say "i'm taking PEDs and I'm going to take something to cover it up before the game" in the text messages.
    Again, the text messages don't prove anything. If you're gonna suspend someone for a full season and put an asterisk next to his name, you should have indisputable proof. They don't even have a positive test.

Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't get my hopes up that he wont play this year . He will appeal and he will play till the trial
    if MLB does not cave. He will sue MLB for probably $100 million and that will scare them into making
    a deal for 50 or 60 games. A-Rod stands to loose $24 million this year if he can't play. I say MLB will cave!

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    MLB is such a joke. Can't believe this was the main sport I followed growing up. They had no problem profiting off the home run chases and rampant PED use (while turning a blind eye), now they're countering the blindlash by swinging wildly in the dark.

I still remember vividly in the summer of 1998 (because I went to a summer camp) a report about a sportswriter seeing PEDs in McGwire's locker. After a few days of 'controversy' that got buried quicker than a Muslim. Now the MLB (and the hypocritical sportswriters) want to act like they blind-sided, GMAFB.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/bas...re_supplement/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    baseball

MLB...what a league

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Selig should be crucified as well. Maybe most guilty in it all.

But ARod is a lying r who doesn't deserve sympathy.

Rally around Conseco. Even if it's selfish, the clown has the most integrity of them all.

Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Selig should be crucified as well. Maybe most guilty in it all.

But ARod is a lying r who doesn't deserve sympathy.

Rally around Conseco. Even if it's selfish, the clown has the most integrity of them all.
    They all think Conseco was a rat for outing everyone. The TV ratings for MLB were going down and
    they were happy with all the excitement of the home runs. When bench riding infielders started jacking
    tape measures MLB new they had a problem.

Thread Information