Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Hey look - the midrange shot is extremely inefficient!

"But, but, LeBron = T-Mac because he doesn't chuck up long twos!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whats crazy is, lebron was pretty damn efficient on the midrange shots as long as he avoided the baseline

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    that is dense not even Kobe fanbois would call him efficient.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    that is dense not even Kobe fanbois would call him efficient.
    you're only as efficient as the defense in front of you....and as far as I can tell no elite defenders have been standing in front of Le_Clown....not ever really..

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I default back to the Dennis Rodman opinion....."He'd be just an average player if he played in my era"

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Kobe 5
    Tired Gay Old bag 4

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    you're only as efficient as the defense in front of you....and as far as I can tell no elite defenders have been standing in front of Le_Clown....not ever really..
    Who stood in front of Kobe? Battier?

45%

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I've been saying for years, as advanced stats continue to become more sophisticated, many old, "NBA clichés" and opinions from former players are going to die, tbh..

Certain players' legacies are going to suffer with the advancement of advanced metrics, tbh..

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Who stood in front of Kobe? Battier?

45%
    you really want to do this? - ok I will send you in a tail spin let's keep naming them...

Prime Kobe Defenders: but not anymore: Ron Artest, Bruce Bowen, Rueben Patterson, Paul Pierce, Tayshaun Prince, Raja Bell, Thebo Shefalosa, James Posey, Doug Christie, Matt Barnes, Tony Allen, Shane Battier, Stephen Jackson, Eric Snow....just to name a few....Lebron's now in his prime and all players want to do now is score...there are no more elite defenders...dude has it very easy....even easier than MJ had it....

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lebron's only compe ion of his era is like D-Wade and Lebron ran and decided to team up with him.... Magic would have never teamed up with Michael or Larry....Lebron is a joke....

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    As I've been saying for years, as advanced stats continue to become more sophisticated, many old, "NBA clichés" and opinions from former players are going to die, tbh..

Certain players' legacies are going to suffer with the advancement of advanced metrics, tbh..

this is it and this is all:

Prime Kobe Defenders: but not anymore: Ron Artest, Bruce Bowen, Rueben Patterson, Paul Pierce, Tayshaun Prince, Raja Bell, Thebo Shefalosa, James Posey, Doug Christie, Matt Barnes, Tony Allen, Shane Battier, Stephen Jackson, Eric Snow....just to name a few....Lebron's now in his prime and all players want to do now is score...there are no more elite defenders...dude has it very easy....even easier than MJ had it....

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    you really want to do this? - ok I will send you in a tail spin let's keep naming them...

Most of those players from the Shaq era when Kobe had wide open shots. 45%

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kool, as I've told you before, stick to the Duncan gay threads, some of them are actually decent..your basketball takes OTOH are quite ty, tbh..

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Most of those players from the Shaq era when Kobe had wide open shots. 45%

naah I'm not gonna let you be the hood starting , then getting owned by me, then you in turn pivot, try and walk away talking in the face of my hard cold facts...all the while trying to sound cute to the board... naaah can't let you do that HarHo...it's time to pay the Piper....

fact is these were all tough wing players brought in with the expressed goal of stopping the Mamba...these wing defenders have nothing to do with Shaq...they represent the defensive side of the ball...and either played Kobe tough man to man or either doubled him, or defended him on a rotation...so 45%? Cool....just remember (in their prime) who was standing in front of Kobe and compare that to who's standing in front of Lebronze...pales in comparison...

this is also the reason Lebron does not have my respect and why 95% of the all-time greats choose Kobe over Lebron and why all Lebron's generation of players choose Kobe as well...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Doubt it. Players are judged by their "eras". No one is goingback to impugn Russell or Wilt except the extreme stat nerds. Fans, media players from their era (or any players) will continue to support their favorite players.

But again Like I have argued many times before what is ground breaking here? Curry is more efficent than I thought but tbh Gstate is not on TV enough for me to to have a great feel for him by my "eyes". I thought he was more streaky than what the numbers dictate, but already knew Lebron and Durant are uber efficient.
    Not much here I didnt already know but just watching. Lebron is much better top of the key and wings than he is baseline, which I think is due to the form on his jumper and also probably becuase of his comfort zones, even stemming back to being in HS and trying to avoid being trapped in corners and being able to see the whole court to take advantage of his excellent vision. This isnt rocket science.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Kool you aint wrong with your defense of Kobe. he was targeted etc. and you can debate the quality of those defenders vs. James. But you cant debate that as much or even more attention is focused on James because Kobe did have shaq for the 1st 3 les and even though Kobe is better skilled offensively Lebron is more of a physical presence than prime Mamba.

Again what is the issue here. Durant Lebron are efficient scorers Kobe is not. Doesnt mean Kobe is not a great player or best of "his era" Lebron and KD are a new wave of cats. They focus on stats and are better at efficiency and Lebron especially have a pass first mindset Kobe does not have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kool you aint wrong with your defense of Kobe. he was targeted etc. and you can debate the quality of those defenders vs. James. But you cant debate that as much or even more attention is focused on James because Kobe did have shaq for the 1st 3 les and even though Kobe is better skilled offensively Lebron is more of a physical presence than prime Mamba.

Again what is the issue here. Durant Lebron are efficient scorers Kobe is not. Doesnt mean Kobe is not a great player or best of "his era" Lebron and KD are a new wave of cats. They focus on stats and are better at efficiency and Lebron especially have a pass first mindset Kobe does not have.
    scoring at a high volume with a lack of efficiency means your team has to overcome it, which is possible when you have dominant, efficient bigs to pick up your slack

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

All players get doubled at some point...but people are literally sagging off Lebron and allowing him to shoot...Kobe had to take such degree of difficulty shots because they were all over him let alone talk about sagging off Kobe and daring him to shoot..that will never ever happen...

So you ask the question what are we talking about? Let me be clear...we're talking about how Lebron's efficiency is tied directly to the lack of quality defenders he faces...on daily basis...he's never been through a conference like the Wild Wild West of Prime, Nash, Kobe, Webber, Duncan, and KG prime era...Dude played in a weak east his whole career when the east was at the pinnacle of being joked about as being a JV league....he got all his stats from that watered down conference and the Lebron fanbois think it's something to brag about

you s crack me up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All players get doubled at some point...but people are literally sagging off Lebron and allowing him to shoot...Kobe had to take such degree of difficulty shots because they were all over him let alone talk about sagging off Kobe and daring him to shoot..that will never ever happen...

So you ask the question what are we talking about? Let me be clear...we're talking about how Lebron's efficiency is tied directly to the lack of quality defenders he faces...on daily basis...he's never been through a conference like the Wild Wild West of Prime, Nash, Kobe, Webber, Duncan, and KG prime era...Dude played in a weak east his whole career when the east was at the pinnacle of being joked about as being a JV league....he got all his stats from that watered down conference and the Lebron fanbois think it's something to brag about

you s crack me up
    different animals gotta be guarded differently. if they dont sag off lebron like they did, he's gna bully his way to the cup and ain't nothing you can do about it. he's not re ed like kobe to take ridiculous degree of difficulty shots with a defender in his face (leading to crap efficiency). no. he's gna get to the hole where he is the most efficient paint scorer in the league. so instead of giving him a shot at the rim, they want him to shoot. they have no choice. with a guy like kobe, they're not scared of him attacking the rim because usually (i said usually so you dont go post a few example vids of kobe drive/dunks) he will settle for a tough jumper. so they play up in his face

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    different animals gotta be guarded differently. if they dont sag off lebron like they did, he's gna bully his way to the cup and ain't nothing you can do about it. he's not re ed like kobe to take ridiculous degree of difficulty shots with a defender in his face (leading to crap efficiency). no. he's gna get to the hole where he is the most efficient paint scorer in the league. so instead of giving him a shot at the rim, they want him to shoot. they have no choice. with a guy like kobe, they're not scared of him attacking the rim because usually (i said usually so you dont go post a few example vids of kobe drive/dunks) he will settle for a tough jumper. so they play up in his face
    problem with that fantasy is that Kobe is far supurior finisher and mid-range and low post player than Lebron..everyone and their mama knows Lebron low post game is wack as ... the only point I will concede is his size relative to others..he can bully to the basket..but you put a real on him like Kobe and he will get his blocked or cough up the ball....

MJ was far superior finisher than Lebron and no one would dare sag off him either...you're excuses for crab feet are running dry....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    problem with that fantasy is that Kobe is far supurior finisher and mid-range and low post player than Lebron..everyone and their mama knows Lebron low post game is wack as ... the only point I will concede is his size relative to others..he can bully to the basket..but you put a real on him like Kobe and he will get his blocked or cough up the ball....

MJ was far superior finisher than Lebron and no one would dare sag off him either...you're excuses for crab feet are running dry....
    the stats say otherwise, as usual. quit talking out of ur ass. lebron was the most efficient paint player in the nba

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    the stats say otherwise, as usual. quit talking out of ur ass. lebron was the most efficient paint player in the nba
    with what breakway dunks ....stats guy is hillarious...let me repeat..Lebron has NO low post game....he has NONE....it's just flat out laughable for you to even hint at it

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    my bad..seems crab feet been working on his wack ass post game... http://www.hoopsworld.com/james-show...-low-post-game

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    crack baby

Thread Information