• Thompson

35 81.40%
  • Neither. Give me Allen or Korver or someone else

1 2.33%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who would you rather have on your squad?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather set my balls comfortably on your chin and lightly tap your forehead with my spear and magic helmet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol Newton

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NFL accomplishments and records[edit]

NFL records[edit]

Rookie records[edit]

• 2nd most passing yards by a rookie in a game (432), September 18, 2011 vs. Green Bay Packers
    • 2nd most passing yards by a rookie in a season (4,051), 2011
    • First rookie in NFL history to pass for more than 400 yards in back to back games, September 11, 2011 vs. Arizona Cardinals and September 18, 2011 vs. Green Bay Packers[65]
    • First rookie in NFL history to throw for 10 touchdowns and run for 10 touchdowns in a season.
    • First rookie quarterback in NFL history to throw for 4,000 yards in a season.
    • Most total touchdowns by a rookie NFL player: 35 (21 pass, 14 rush).
    • 2nd most rushing yards by a rookie quarterback: 706
    • Along with Andy Dalton, the two make the first pair of rookie QB's to make the Pro Bowl.
    • Most total yards by a rookie quarterback: 4,784.

Records[edit]

• Most passing yards by a quarterback in debut game (422), September 11, 2011 vs. Arizona Cardinals
    • Most passing yards by a quarterback in first two games (854), September 11, 2011 vs. Arizona Cardinals and September 18, 2011 vs. Green Bay Packers[66]
    • First quarterback in NFL history to pass for more than 400 yards in first career start, September 11, 2011 vs. Arizona Cardinals
    • Sixth quarterback to throw for 400+ yards in back to back games
    • First quarterback in NFL history to pass for more than 400 yards in first two career starts, September 11, 2011 vs. Arizona Cardinals and September 18, 2011 vs. Green Bay Packers[65]
    • Fastest player to throw for 1,000 yards (at Arizona Cardinals, vs. Green Bay Packers, and vs. Jacksonville Jaguars)
    • First player in NFL history with at least five rushing touchdowns and five passing touchdowns in his first five games[67]
    • Most rushing touchdowns in single season by a quarterback (14), achieved on December 4, 2011 vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    • Second player in NFL history with 20+ pass TDs and 10+ rush TDs in a season, joining Kordell Stewart ('97)
    • First player in NFL history with 4,000+ pass yards and 10+ rush TDs in a season
    • First player in NFL history with 4,000+ pass yards and 500+ rush yards in a season
    • Had a passing touchdown and a rushing touchdown in the same game eight times, tying the NFL single-season record – previously accomplished bySteve Grogan of the New England Patriots in 1976 and Daunte Culpepper of the Minnesota Vikings in 2002
    • Twenty-fifth NFL player (and first quarterback) to have 20 rushing TDs in first two seasons
    • First QB in NFL history with at least 500 yards rushing in first two seasons
    • First player in NFL history to have over 250 passing yards and over 100 rushing yards with a passing TD and rushing TD in a game (vs. Falcons on September 12, 2012 - 287 yards passing & 2 TDs, 116 yds rushing & 1 TD)
    • First player to have 30 passing TDs and 20 rushing TDs in first two seasons
    • Most passing yards in first two years (7,920)
    • Highest average yards of total offense, career (293.7)
    • Second player in NFL history with 7,500+ pass yards and 40+ pass TDs in first two seasons, joining Peyton Manning ('99)
    • Second most combined passing & rushing yards through his first 37 starts in NFL history (behind Kurt Warner)
    • First player in NFL history with 50 passing TDs and 25 Rushing TDs in his first three seasons

Carolina Panthers franchise records[edit]

• Rookie season quarterback records: completions (310), yards (4,051), passing touchdowns (21), completion percentage (60%), passer rating (84.5)
    • Highest average yards per carry in a season (5.83 in 2012)
    • Longest offensive scoring play (91-yard pass) to Brandon LaFell, December 24, 2011 vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    • Second rookie to make Pro Bowl (with Steve Smith in 2001)
    • First Panther to win AP Offensive Rookie of the Year
    • Most passing attempts without an interception (176)

NFL accomplishments[edit]

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather set my balls comfortably on your chin and lightly tap your forehead with my spear and magic helmet.
    Weren't you supposed to leave after the finals?

i love da spurs but no wai we can win diz game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Serious question? Thompson easily.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Klay Thompson, though I would choose Danny Green if Spurs would get to face Lebron and the Heat again in the finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thompson and it isn't even close.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    take ur takes upstairs where it belongs wanker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Klay is in the discussion for top3-SG at the moment...Green is a role player which fits our system.

Give me Klay!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why does dmc have erotic desires with no lyfe tbh?

Soft Like Twinkie Filling Juggity's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny can get hotter than from 3 point range, but when he's cold he can't hit the broad side of a barn. Klay is a consistently pretty good 3 point shooter.

Danny's defense is more energetic, but he has a tendency to sometimes get lost or fly past his man trying to contest a pump fake. Klay, from what I've seen, is still not a great defender, but is improving.

TLDR, Danny is a gamble. You never know if you're going to get a scrub performance or an elite shooting and defensive performance. Klay is more consistent and predictable on both ends of floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny Green plays better defense, but Klay Thompson is better at rebounding. So therein lies the question... would you have a player who's better at defense, or a player who can get more rebounds for you?

On a side note, Danny Green is only a spot up shooter, while Klay Thompson can shoot the 3 off the dribble like Steph Curry, giving Thompson the edge when it comes to shooting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this a serious question?

Scarlett our Goddess4ever
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    another Boris Diaw vs. David Lee comparison, imho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thompson

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    another Boris Diaw vs. David Lee comparison, imho
    It's not nearly as ridiculous as that.

Scarlett our Goddess4ever
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    It's not nearly as ridiculous as that.
    Diaw vs. David Lee comparison doesn't look that ludicrous nowadays imho, though it might be ridiculous back then. Lee who plays mediocre defense would probably have a hard time fitting into the spurs system and I'm pretty sure more than 50% spurs fans would rather take Boris the animal over David Lee any day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thompson has both the upside and the ability to get the nod, however you make a winning team with danny not with klay tbh, you just know he is going to get a big contract soon, and giving a big contract to a sg is almost never a good move. green does not have the upside to make ty teams salivate over him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thompson a pure shooter has alot of room for potential if he wants to expand his game

green...lol cant even fkn make a layup

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What two GNS s picked Green?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the spurs needs, Green. But thomposon is a much better player cause the dude can do so much offensively and is at least oksyish in defense.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    For the spurs needs, Green. But thomposon is a much better player cause the dude can do so much offensively and is at least oksyish in defense.
    This post makes no sense. -15 points son.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're different types of players. Green is a 3+D guy who's arguably the best in the league at that. Thompson is a legitimate two-guard who's good but somewhat overrated on both sides of the floor. If I had to pick one for a building block, I'd choose Thompson. But teams like Miami, OKC, Chicago and obviously San Antonio would benefit much more from having Danny as their fifth option than having Klay as their third. Although Indiana would much rather have Thompson, obviously.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny Green plays better defense, but Klay Thompson is better at rebounding. So therein lies the question... would you have a player who's better at defense, or a player who can get more rebounds for you?
    Green averages twice as many rebounds as Thompson per 36.

Thread Information