Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 32727879808182
Results 2,026 to 2,045 of 2045
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody talking about Baynes, I hope he can find a spot.
    If Diaw and Mills are both looking for big time pay-days, then there may have to be some tough decisions to be made. I too, want to see Baynes get another year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mind elaborating on "nice raises"? Is that like 9 mil for Boris and 5 mil for Patty?
    I'd think $6 million and 4 million (on average per season) for Diaw and Mills. I'm not sure I'd go any higher than that for either of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd think $6 million and 4 million (on average per season) for Diaw and Mills. I'm not sure I'd go any higher than that for either of them.
    You have to be willing to go higher to keep Boris. They have Cory behind Patty, but there is no Plan B on the roster for Boris.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No need to go higher than that unless they are other teams willing to take Boris away by overpaying him. A 2 million dollar payraise should be good enough but we'll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's tied to same calculations, IIRC. I've read that the tax line will be around 77M if the cap is 63M. They won't be in any danger of touching 77M, even with nice raises for Boris and Patty and using the full MLE.
    I read somewhere that the Spurs would need to renounce the rights of their free agents (because of cap holds) then they will be able to use the bird rights for Mills and Diaw along with the mid level.

If if figured correctly, the Spurs would have $52.7 million to 9 players if they renounced everyone (including Daye, and not including the $1 million to the 30th pick if we use it). Could the Spurs use the cap space and then exceed the cap by using the bird rights and allowing the Spurs to then have access to the MLE or another exception if they opt to use it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have to be willing to go higher to keep Boris. They have Cory behind Patty, but there is no Plan B on the roster for Boris.
    I think they would be bidding against themselves. His value to the Spurs is different to his value on the rest of the league . I don't necessarily think he is worth $8-9 a year but if it doesn't hurt our ability to make improvements elsewhere It doesn't matter as much. I'd think a 3 year, $18-20 million is more than fair.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they would be bidding against themselves. His value to the Spurs is different to his value on the rest of the league . I don't necessarily think he is worth $8-9 a year but if it doesn't hurt our ability to make improvements elsewhere It doesn't matter as much. I'd think a 3 year, $18-20 million is more than fair.
    I meant that they need to be willing to go higher than 6-7 if there are suitors for Boris at a higher price.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read somewhere that the Spurs would need to renounce the rights of their free agents (because of cap holds) then they will be able to use the bird rights for Mills and Diaw along with the mid level.

If if figured correctly, the Spurs would have $52.7 million to 9 players if they renounced everyone (including Daye, and not including the $1 million to the 30th pick if we use it). Could the Spurs use the cap space and then exceed the cap by using the bird rights and allowing the Spurs to then have access to the MLE or another exception if they opt to use it?
    They only need to renounce rights if they plan on signing on a free agent using cap space. A team can use cap space or the MLE, never both in the same season. There are, however, many scenarios where a team can use cap space to sign a free agent and then use other exceptions later on to exceed the cap.

For example, if Leonard isn't extended this summer, he'll be a restricted free agent next summer. His cap will be around 4M. Until he signs a new contract, that is the number used in cap calculations. With that lower number, the Spurs could sign a free agent with available cap space and then sign Leonard to any amount up to the max. They would also be able to use the so called "room exception" in that scenario and also add players signed to vet minimum contracts.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not killing you. Just calling you ignorant on this subject.
    Quit being modest, you killed him 2 pages ago. Everything since has just been pissing on the corpse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are the Spurs not allowed to resign both Patty & Boris after using cap space since they have both played 3 years with the Spurs? I must be missing something as I have a feeling I'm off..

More specifically: The Spurs should be able to re-sign both Boris/Patty and still have the MLE correct? They don't have to use "cap space" to sign those two is what I am getting at. Don't know why this has me turned around.
    Last edited by DPG21920; 06-23-2014 at 11:57 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are the Spurs not allowed to resign both Patty & Boris after using cap space since they have both played 3 years with the Spurs? I must be missing something as I have a feeling I'm off..
    they can, but the cap space will be limited due to cap holds unless they renounce bird rights

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

More specifically: The Spurs should be able to re-sign both Boris/Patty and still have the MLE correct? They don't have to use "cap space" to sign those two is what I am getting at. Don't know why this has me turned around.
    They have Bird Rights on both, so they can sign them both using the Bird Exception and still use the MLE. Can't use the MLE and cap space in the same season.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think there's still a lot of hype surrounding him so we can take advantage of that.

He's a terrible offensive player so we can exploit dumbass teams.

I say we trade leonard for Ariza and Beal...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TGY dropping the guillotine on apa. But people have bad takes. I also was willing to trade Kawhi for a great haul. In fact, I'm still not convinced the Spurs don't win in 2013 and 2014 with Ariza and Porter over Kawhi. But obviously, the Spurs were right to keep their young star.

Harlem was a huge Green hater for most of the first couple seasons. He and I used to spar over Danny all the time. I was in favor of trading Tony for Valanciunas back in the day. Happens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TGY dropping the guillotine on apa. But people have bad takes. I also was willing to trade Kawhi for a great haul. In fact, I'm still not convinced the Spurs don't win in 2013 and 2014 with Ariza and Porter over Kawhi. But obviously, the Spurs were right to keep their young star.

Harlem was a huge Green hater for most of the first couple seasons. He and I used to spar over Danny all the time. I was in favor of trading Tony for Valanciunas back in the day. Happens.
    Just because your opinion matters, I'll respond. That thread was specifically made in response to someones opinion about Bradley Beal being better than Kawhi Leonard. It was a top player list in the NBA forum which a few of the peeps here some to have agreed.

It was a sarcasm thread.

Kinda sucks that I have to admit this now because I was enjoying the hits and bumps on my thread last night. Thought the thread would blow up to 10 pages in one day.. Still some time tough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just because your opinion matters, I'll respond. That thread was specifically made in response to someones opinion about Bradley Beal being better than Kawhi Leonard. It was a top player list in the NBA forum which a few of the peeps here some to have agreed.

It was a sarcasm thread.

Kinda sucks that I have to admit this now because I was enjoying the hits and bumps on my thread last night. Thought the thread would blow up to 10 pages in one day.. Still some time tough.
    Biggest Kawhi hater on the board, trying to spin the gameplan route.
    http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225796

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Someone even made a thread about me, again. That's like the 20th Apo thread in less than a month

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I game planned the whole thing l
    lol sad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He slept on it all night and thats the best he could come up with.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He slept on it all night and thats the best he could come up with.
    No . After that meltdown last night, there's no way to spin it now.

Dude could have made the claim immediately to save face. Not now.

Thread Information