My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    good riddance, got.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm very saddened by this capitulation by A-Rod. Very disappointed. I wanted to see him drag those s thru the mud. I hold out hope that A-Rod made them come across with something even though it will be off the record.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Every sport needs a fall guy unfortunately, but every move in this guy's career made it easier to give him that role. He's got no one to blame but himself. The biggest cheater in its history (Barry Bonds) finally escaped the media's wrath with retirement. ARod should do the same.

Both will be denied Hall passes for the rest of their naturall lives, till MLB can safely come up with a criteria for letting the tainted in.

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I'm very saddened by this capitulation by A-Rod. Very disappointed. I wanted to see him drag those s thru the mud. I hold out hope that A-Rod made them come across with something even though it will be off the record.
    I don't hold out hope but I agree. Now Selig is gonna come up with more sanctimonious bull about holding A-Rod accountable.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    The fact Bonds and ARod won't make the HOF just confirms I want this archaic ty hypocritical sport to wither and die.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Smartest thing he's done in quite some time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact Bonds and ARod won't make the HOF just confirms I want this archaic ty hypocritical sport to wither and die.
    I agree, except on the "sport" part

Baseball is not a sport

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't hold out hope but I agree. Now Selig is gonna come up with more sanctimonious bull about holding A-Rod accountable.
    It's a tragedy that the steroids scandal didn't give Selig the heart attack that Pete Rose gave Giamatti.

Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A-Rod to lose $25 mill this year sounds good and he is 39 years old. Do the Sankees take him back in 2015? He can't play
    in the 2014 playoffs also.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well arod had nothing to stand on, no way he'd risk being called to the stand either

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Dale

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A-Rod to lose $25 mill this year sounds good and he is 39 years old. Do the Sankees take him back in 2015? He can't play
    in the 2014 playoffs also.

No way they take him back.

They have been trying to get rid of this guy for a while now. This works great for them. They get to keep some cash and get rid of a wash-up has been.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ^They'll either take him back and pay him the $60 million left, or, find somebody to take him and pay him that.

[I believe] there was a (death knell) if the 211 game suspension had remained undisturbed. That Selig had put that number there to facilitate the contract being null & void. Can anybody confirm that, and/or expand on it.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    well arod had nothing to stand on, no way he'd risk being called to the stand either
    He had nothing to stand on...except for the fact he never failed a drug test and is being dragged through the mud by someone the MLB is paying to drag him through the mud.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ^& Media had oversight over the whole railroad.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    & of course the most sanctimonious part of it all, I don't see the MLB or the Yankees returning the money made off of A-Rod all those years he was allegedly juicing.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ^ & Media drove it, nationally right down to the local feeds. It was all designed to pummel A-Rod continuously. I just can't figure the end game though, unless the original 211 game suspension had a poison pill in it that rendered the remainder of the $60 million null & void.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    ^ & Media drove it, nationally right down to the local feeds. It was all designed to pummel A-Rod continuously. I just can't figure the end game though, unless the original 211 game suspension had a poison pill in it that rendered the remainder of the $60 million null & void.
    This was the same media that saw Mark McGwire with PEDs in his locker in the 1998 HR season, and attacked the one reporter that decided to write about it. Now they're sitting high and mighty.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This was the same media that saw Mark McGwire with PEDs in his locker in the 1998 HR season, and attacked the one reporter that decided to write about it. Now they're sitting high and mighty.
    Exactly. Now Media is going to salvage & save MLB. They'll be the savior. They'll spearhead the comeuppance.

And they hold the keys to it. They're not about to rat themselves out. And "we" have no voice past these Boards.

At least we know the truth.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Thread, ive got a mismatch down low! Feed me the rock homes!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's all good.. we don't need the old far this year anyways

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's all good.. we don't need the old far this year anyways
    Where do the Yankees play bro?

Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A-Roid's $27.5 mill will not count on the Skankees cap for this year. My guess they are pitcher shopping....

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    & why he would want to go to work for them after retirement is also distressing. Christ, he knows they covered up the whole sordid mess and sold his ass out to cover it. And he'd work for them? To do that he'd be selling himself out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yanks need to find a replacement and then bite the bullet and offer him like 70% of that money to get him the out of here..

Thread Information