Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -- OK, that's enough about the game, etc. All-Star weekend is mostly entertaining because everyone is talking about Thursday's trade deadline. Some intriguing names to keep eye on as potential moving parts, mentioned to me by league insiders: Milwaukee Bucks forward Ersan Ilyasova and guard Gary Neal; Philadelphia 76ers forward Thaddeus Young; Detroit Pistons guard Rodney Stuckey; and, of course, Rockets center Omer Asik.

-- The Spurs, I am told, would love to land Ilyasova or Young. But no one's sure how they could actually make that happen.

http://msn.foxsports.com/ohio/story/...-enough-021614

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs could easily land Ilyasova if they valued him that highly tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ersan would be the easier get, but I would prefer Thad Young.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amico said few days ago that Leonard could be traded which sounds a lot like pure BS so I would be careful with what he said.

Saying that, both Ilyasova and Young would makes sense for Spurs. I would likely go with Ilyasova: better contract, better rebounder, better shooter and will cost less assets to get.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless, we can get rid of Errors in the deal, I'm not particularly fond of giving either Thad or Ilyasova 8mil for the next 3+ years tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless, we can get rid of Errors in the deal...
    Don't see why they couldn't. Both teams are in grear cap shape, and Philly in particular will struggle to reach the floor next season. I think the Spurs may hesitate to move Ayres unless they get a third-string center from somewhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would not surprise me if the Bucks are demanding teams take Neal along with any trade. Would you all on ST be all right with giving up a guard like Mills or Beli and taking Neal back? I would be hesitant, to say the least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would not surprise me if the Bucks are demanding teams take Neal along with any trade. Would you all on ST be all right with giving up a guard like Mills or Beli and taking Neal back? I would be hesitant, to say the least.
    Mills will be useless in the PO imo. I think Marco has more to offer. I don't see why people make such a big deal over Mills, the dude is basically a shorter Neal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bonner,Ayers,De Colo,Joseph and Baynes for Ilyasova and Neal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bonner,Ayers,De Colo,Joseph and Baynes for Ilyasova and Neal
    Switching out Cory for Beli or Patty makes more sense. No way the Spurs go without a second true PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless, we can get rid of Errors in the deal, I'm not particularly fond of giving either Thad or Ilyasova 8mil for the next 3+ years tbh.
    We could rent them for a season or two, until TD calls it quits, then you dump em when they're juicy expirings...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We could rent them for a season or two, until TD calls it quits, then you dump em when they're juicy expirings...
    Wouldn't hate getting either player and whoever is here after Duncan is pretty irrelevant. I'm just hoping we get rid of Bonner's expiring before dreaming about flipping one of these guys in a couple of years tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OR... You feature Ilyasova to so that his returns to his production of three years ago (17/12 per 36) and move him for a lottery pick. Worst comes to worst, his last year is only $400k guaranteed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both of them basically replaced him and his role and are doing a great job,not on board with that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills will be useless in the PO imo. I think Marco has more to offer. I don't see why people make such a big deal over Mills, the dude is basically a shorter Neal.
    Neal was a rare combination of; nonathletic, average length, below average size, & lack of quickness. He could just shoot the ball like nobody's business.

Mills is a different story; better handles, one of the quickest players in the league, quick and confident release, and generally plays better than Neal without the ball.

Mills is clearly a better fit in our offense and is much more passable as PG that Neal was. There were plenty of times when Neal would give up on creating a play and take a jumper instead. I'm not saying he would torch teams but for 10-15 minutes a game, their is always a chance he could get hot and be an boost off the bench.

Marco will be better than Neal was in the playoffs, because of his ability to play off Manu and Diaw. He can score in multiple ways off screens with and without the balls, spotting up and cuts to the basket. A better passer and can help Manu with his play making. His size is also better suited against bigger, longer or more athletic teams less of the up faking to get a clean shot off. And a better defender by comparison.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Ilyasova is the only option left, the Spurs must try their utmost to get Khris Middleton along with him. Not a defensive weapon, but a decent SF backup who could be developed further.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd do it in a heartbeat. Neal is underrated here and somehow Beli and Mills are overrated...

Neal is a better passer than Mills and arguably a better shooter than Beli. Neither are plus defenders...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Belinelli is a far greater player for this team than Neal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Believe pretty much NOTHING of what you hear this week.

I remember the Spurs making an occasional deadline deal. I remember lots of rumors. I don't ever remember the rumors matching the deals that went down.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Believe pretty much NOTHING of what you hear this week.

I remember the Spurs making an occasional deadline deal. I remember lots of rumors. I don't ever remember the rumors matching the deals that went down.
    Were there rumors about the RJ/Jax trade?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really. That just came out of nowhere and it was completed in minutes, virtually.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd do it in a heartbeat. Neal is underrated here and somehow Beli and Mills are overrated...

Neal is a better passer than Mills and arguably a better shooter than Beli. Neither are plus defenders...
    Mills is as good or a better shooter than Neal is and plays better without the ball, ditto for Beli. Mills is one of the quickest players in the league and Beli is a couple of inches taller and a better passer. Getting Neal back is pointless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sometimes deals materialize late and "source" don't leak the info before the trade. A few years ago Deron Williams was traded and know one had a clue he was even available.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -- The Spurs, I am told, would love to land Ilyasova or Young. But no one's sure how they could actually make that happen.
    How the does this count as journalism?

I'm sure there are tons of guys the Spurs would LOVE to land...you know, Lebron, KD, Aldridge....but nobody really knows how they can make it happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How the does this count as journalism?

I'm sure there are tons of guys the Spurs would LOVE to land...you know, Lebron, KD, Aldridge....but nobody really knows how they can make it happen.
    Pretty much

Sam Amico sux

Thread Information