Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could the Spurs pick him up? Dude has a heavy price tag. And would he fit?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take him if he came cheap, but I have a feeling he's going to overvalue himself, tbh..

He's a little overrated by non-Laker fans, at this point(but underrated by Laker fans, obviously)..

There aren't many teams that possess the supporting pieces to negate Gasol's horrific defense, he would be better suited to come off the bench, but I doubt he's ready to accept a bench role..
    Last edited by HarlemHeat37; 04-10-2014 at 10:26 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he wants to come cheap, and come in with the second string, why not? MVPau is done, tbh. Kirby broke him. lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's kind of gone over a cliff the last two years or so. He's really a borderline MLE player at this point with his awful defense. He'll probably get more than that, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No and no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll take him... shore up that 2nd unit with Boris, and can play when Splitter is pussified...

I also think he has more left in the tank than it looks, and Pop can manage his minutes to get the best out of him.

The fact is that Pau is unmotivated, playing for a coach that doesn't like him or his game, and doesn't even try to use him. Heck, he had him shooting 3s last season.

Don't be surprised if he has a bounce back season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gasol will demand $10 million and he will get it in Chicago (if they amnesty/trade Boozer) or Memphis or somewhere else. If he is willing to take atleast a $3 million cut from that rate, he could be a Spurs option. Doubt if he would do it though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll take him... shore up that 2nd unit with Boris, and can play when Splitter is pussified...

I also think he has more left in the tank than it looks, and Pop can manage his minutes to get the best out of him.

The fact is that Pau is unmotivated, playing for a coach that doesn't like him or his game, and doesn't even try to use him. Heck, he had him shooting 3s last season.

this.

MVPau would be a great Spur. I could see him going to Memphis though, but not sure about their salary cap situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Repeat after me...NO. MORE. OLD. S! Godamnit, enough with this old man fetish.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    he's going to get overpaid by a team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take him if they jettisoned Errors and resigned Mills and Diaw as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was talked about around the trade and buyout deadlines. He has all the tools to be successful here, but I don't see how he'd fit given the current roster construct. You'd have to play him exclusively as Duncan's backup because those two on the floor together would be too immobile defensively imo tbqh.

Is that a role and minutes that he'd be willing to accept? Is that how the Spurs want to spend their MLE? Hard to see tbqh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he should retire as a laker, hes washed the fk up.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Gotta agree, would love to have him on the team. Besides, Gasol is 33, not 36. But no way he plays for the MLE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta agree, would love to have him on the team. Besides, Gasol is 33, not 36. But no way he plays for the MLE.
    33 is a fossil in the Western Conference, especially with his high mileage. We have more than enough 30 year olds.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Cubby swears that the Suns should have taken him at the trade deadline

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'd probably come with a discount for the chances of success, playtime, and our Euro-friendly FO.

I'd take him tbh, could be a solid pickup. It's possible the Spurs work something out, they love out-of-their-prime players on the cheap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's going to get overpaid by a team.
    Yep, he is not coming here for cheap so dead that stupid ass notion right away... He will go somewhere and get overpaid.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he really wants to go at Lakers and Kirby, he`ll search for team like Spurs and cheap signing. If he`s about money he`ll go to east, to team like Boston, Atlanta, Orlando.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's kind of gone over a cliff the last two years or so. He's really a borderline MLE player at this point with his awful defense. He'll probably get more than that, though.
    He's still the best post player in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Already has championships. He'll take the money and run

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Repeat after me...NO. MORE. OLD. S! Godamnit, enough with this old man fetish.
    ...... Spurs only have 2 players over 31, and that's Duncan/Ginobili. I have no idea what you mean by 'old s' as if the Spurs are Brooklyn or something.

With that said, Gasol will be 34 next off-season. Personally I would love to add him to the Spurs (If Tim/Manu are still around.) as he could take a lot of pressure of Duncan offensively while spreading the floor.

The dude is averaging 17ppg, 9rpg, and 3apg this season. If he can even put up 12/7/3.. I'm sold.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'd actually be a good fit on them Rockets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he's willing to accept a role and a smaller salary, why wouldn't you take him?

With that said I think his priority will be money as he's already got two rings.

Thread Information