• Yep

69 54.33%
  • Nah.

58 45.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm going with no. The dude hasn't even been able to run an in ESPN articles he's saying he's in a lot of pain. Even if he returns, I think it will be like Lee last year in the playoffs. Very tough injury to deal with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm voting no, but it's Scott Brooks we're dealing with here... wouldn't surprise me if he does play and Scotty tries to play him for 30+ mins...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope he plays and gets an "accidental" kick to the calf by Baynes.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    tha ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course he is playing. IBAKA is close to fully healed.

okcs best chance to win is tomorrow. They probably will

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's up to the team doctors. If they say he's cleared, he will play. Scotty is probably fighting for his job as strange as that may sound. He's going to sacrifice his rook to stay afloat. It's a shame too, because Serge could be a dominant force in the league for years to come. OKC could get a real coach and be the team to beat in the West as soon as the Spurs ride into the sunset.

"Right now I'm waiting for the team doctor to confirm, and also it's depending on whether I will go tomorrow, day by day, and see," Ibaka said. "It's 100 percent going to hurt. For sure if the doctor gives me the OK and I feel better tomorrow, I will be 100 percent with the pain for sure, but like I said, I'm going to do whatever it takes to help my team."

All that is corporate talk about being the martyr for the team. Ibaka mentioned pain enough times that the team will likely see that as an admission that he shouldn't be out there, but is willing to if allowed.

2nd Verse Same as the 1st Oh, Gee!!'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, he's useless on one leg

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I say yes, but leaves shortly after with a re-aggravated injury. He's facing the summer off, might as well play.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, he's useless on one leg
    Guy relies on athleticism that much that while he's more useful than the other junk OKC will throw out at his position, he can't turn the tide. If Thunder do win, it will be Russ and KD going off with a high teens game from a guy like Jackson. Everyone is talking about Ibaka anchoring the D, but their offense badly needs his ability to stretch the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course he is playing. IBAKA is close to fully healed.

okcs best chance to win is tomorrow. They probably will

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll play and take 11 shots again...except this time, he'll be 4-11 instead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes and no

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He thinks he's coming back because he believes in God. Did God not want him to play during the last two routs? Maybe God doesn't want injured players to play, if so he might be in trouble.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bring on the gimp.if he plays and spurs win medias excuse will e he wasn't 100percent that's why they lost. lame . spurs are for real. let me know when media finally figures this out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd say yes, Brooks will most likely make sure Ibaka plays. Ol' sport has already run Durant ragged

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who cares?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt it, it seems too late into a series. He should have played in game 2 if he were going to play at all. It'd be kind of stupid to risk further injury on a rusty player.

It's up to the team doctors. If they say he's cleared, he will play. Scotty is probably fighting for his job as strange as that may sound. He's going to sacrifice his rook to stay afloat. It's a shame too, because Serge could be a dominant force in the league for years to come. OKC could get a real coach and be the team to beat in the West as soon as the Spurs ride into the sunset.

[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]"Right now I'm waiting for the team doctor to confirm, and also it's depending on whether I will go tomorrow, day by day, and see," Ibaka said. "It's 100 percent going to hurt. For sure if the doctor gives me the OK and I feel better tomorrow, I will be 100 percent with the pain for sure, but like I said, I'm going to do whatever it takes to help my team."
    It would be absolutely insane to play if he feels as much pain as he's saying, nothing good could come from it aside from revving up the other players, which might be why he's dangling this in front of them. No man should play with an injury if he says it will hurt "100 percent" to play. Ridiculous, this isn't game 7 of the NBA Finals.

from across the pond Anonymous Cowherd's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Won't play first half. Second half they'll see if they need to roll that dice.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He wont play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he will play, but just a short stint to lift the crowd. For personal reasons, he shouldn't play at all. Can you imagine what kind of contract leverage he would have if he doesn't play and the Spurs continue their onslaught and sweep?

The 6th is coming... will_spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he plays, does the crowd break into MVP chants?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yah without a doubt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    27pts, 18rbs, 7blks, 5stls, 1PF in 32 minutes tonight for the real MVP. By the end of the night, Sportscenter will have run several segments cleverly led with puns based on Ibaka's name and his calf-condition. The Thunder will then go on to win seven straight after tonight, with Ibaka given FMVP after blocking a finals record 50 shots, 20 of them against Lebron.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he plays it is a sign of something beyond desperation and a classless way to manage a franchise. Either they actively lied about the severity of the injury, or they are risking the young career of their most important player because hey, 2014 is the last NBA season right?

There is no way Pop would let Ibaka touch the court in game 3 if he were a Spur. He certainly wouldn't let Ibaka leave it up to Sky Wizard whether he plays or not.

If Ibaka a) plays and b) is effective & not a liability, I will be absolutely stunned. Like, ELE shocked.

Thread Information