Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i was hoping to find some of his infamous turnover gifs, but this deserves to be posted again, and it's hosted by jews4ginobili

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i was hoping to find some of his infamous turnover gifs, but this deserves to be posted again, and it's hosted by jews4ginobili
    This should be the most difficult pass to make in the history of basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The bullet pass he has to Bonner against the Lakers is a favorite... these videos always for get the similar one he had to Mills though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice

bandwagon hater
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Borris Diaw surpassed him this last season TBH.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    THIS is why Simmons says there will be 100 Wades before there's another Manu. Wade has been elite during his career, but his game is just a higher level of other players games. Manu plays another game altogether.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's all magnets, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The YouTuber who posted that video actually have a lot of good highlight reels on his channel. Including this one about Green:

That final play is easily the best clutch defensive play in Spurs' history.

Here's the list of all the YouTuber's vids for anyone who wants to see more:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4M...0SR4n1NA_ES2KQ

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And lol at this one:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol I bet Manu is the only player on earth who has the green light from Pop to do whatever he wants.

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu reminds me a lot of Marciulonis

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The YouTuber who posted that video actually have a lot of good highlight reels on his channel. Including this one about Green:

That final play is easily the best clutch defensive play in Spurs' history.

Here's the list of all the YouTuber's vids for anyone who wants to see more:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4M...0SR4n1NA_ES2KQ
    it would be remembered as such had we won that game, tbh. instead we suddenly think of kawhi's similar play against RW

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it would be remembered as such had we won that game, tbh. instead we suddenly think of kawhi's similar play against RW
    Yep. Kawhi's play was more important, since it led to a win. But considering the context, the opponent and the physical disadvantage, I've got to give it to Green.

Plus, James fouled Green on that block. The thing was a miracle play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    eh, Kawhi's play>>Green's imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was a memorable pass from 2010. Manu was 0-10 and then saved the game in OT by this diving pass to George Hill who passed to Richard Jefferson for the winning jumper.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they were virtually the same thing, but Green's was against the best player in the world in overtime of a potentially le-clinching game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they were virtually the same thing, but Green's was against the best player in the world in overtime of a potentially le-clinching game
    Green's play was incredible and yet underrated, like a lot of his work, but I stand by what I said. Hilarious to see LeTongue barrel through people par the par.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do you think that? Only because the Spurs won?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The victory does help, a lot of things are lost in time from the losing side. I think it also has to do with the optics, Kawhi's play was just breathtaking, in fact Kawhi had a few holy moments these playoffs, but that was easily no.1. I don't want to dismiss any of Green's great D, but Kawhi's steal was iconic imo. Lebron is the best player but Westbrook is no slouch, I actually fear Westbrook more in the clutch but that could be a ref thing.

tbh, I was stoned on hydrocodone throughout the 2013 Finals because of a surgery so that could affect my recollection, though I sobered up for game 6 but with the pain (and post game pain ) things are still fuzzy. Watching the clip again, I still put Kawhi's play above it. You should run a poll on it though, might be some interesting discussion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brilliant Stuff. Man I'll be sad the day Manu hangs it up.

The 6th is coming... will_spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm with HI-FI. First of all heroics aren't so heroic any more if the game (and subsequently the le) is lost. That was an amazing effort by Green, but in the end it amounted to nothing.

The other aspect is that Kawhi's play was just a clean steal, almost like a magick trick: "now you have the ball, now you don't". All that while rotating, jumping, and having the reflexes to get rid of the ball before landing oob (even if I think he landed in the court in the end, but it doesn't matter). Westbrook never saw it coming. And if you want to see the play again you only have to look at my sig

Green reaching out was a high risk high reward play, and I have the feeling he got lucky (actually Lebron almost managed to hold on to the ball). Kawhi's play seemed controlled all the way, which makes it more impressive for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm with HI-FI. First of all heroics aren't so heroic any more if the game (and subsequently the le) is lost. That was an amazing effort by Green, but in the end it amounted to nothing.

The other aspect is that Kawhi's play was just a clean steal, almost like a magick trick: "now you have the ball, now you don't". All that while rotating, jumping, and having the reflexes to get rid of the ball before landing oob (even if I think he landed in the court in the end, but it doesn't matter). Westbrook never saw it coming. And if you want to see the play again you only have to look at my sig

Green reaching out was a high risk high reward play, and I have the feeling he got lucky (actually Lebron almost managed to hold on to the ball). Kawhi's play seemed controlled all the way, which makes it more impressive for me.
    Green's block looked risky because James fouled Green with his off arm. Had Danny been on balance, he would have blocked him straight up like he did earlier in the series (the penultimate play in the vid). Leonard had the benefit of being a help defender on Westbrook, and he frankly made a play that Green makes routinely (in fact, Danny had a similar block on Russ earlier in the WCF).

Kawhi's play is a dandy, and it will go down in history because of its result. But clutch plays to me are not about what happens before or after. They are about what a player does in the moment. And being able to single-handedly stop the best specimen in history coming at you with a full head of steam with the game on the line is something that is very rare. I can't think of another player who would have done that.

That's why I say Leonard's is more important, but Green's was better. It just took so much more skill. But it will be the defensive equivalent of Duncan's clutch shot which preceded .4.
    Last edited by Chinook; 08-25-2014 at 03:38 AM.

Thread Information