Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which HOF-caliber players had the most embarrassing endings to their careers, tbh..some examples:

- Dad Killer: Playing for the Wizards..the media/players pressuring Vince Carter to give up his ASG spot..the ending of the ASG featuring the East giving DK chance after chance to make a GW, but he kept missing until finally making one at the end..missing the playoffs in a terrible Eastern Conference, etc..

- Patrick Ewing: Ending his career with 2 terrible seasons with the Orlando Magic and Seattle Sonics..

- Shaq: Phoenix, Cleveland and Boston..getting embarrassed by Dwight Howard..

- Tracy McGrady: Pistons and Spurs..smh..

- Allen Iverson: Detroit and Memphis..refusing to accept a bench role..

- Shawn Kemp: ate himself out of the league, returned as a ty, fat player with Orlando..

- Magic Johnson: getting Aids, pretty embarrassing way to go out, tbh..

thank you
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Phil?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol another anti-MJ thread from you know who

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lol another anti-MJ thread from you know who
    MJ did leave a blemish by returning to the Wizards. But his die hard fans quickly forgave him. He shouldnt have come back

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Olajuwon ended his career unnoticed in Toronto. Quite a shame for a guy who cucked D-Rob twice in the mid-90's. Meanwhile bible thumper Robinson retires with a ring

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    gilbert arenas too, although he's not in the same caliber as the guys you mentioned

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    gilbert arenas too, although he's not in the same caliber as the guys you mentioned
    Nah. Arenas still brings the goods on Twitter. He went out just right.

Marcus Camby had a pretty poor end to his career. He pretty much ended up being a contract after he couldn't hack it in the pathetic big rotation the Knicks had two years ago. Along those lines, I think Ben Wallace is still trying to get back into the league. But at least he had that cool throwback game against Duncan during his last year or his penultimate year.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kareem also had a very disappointing ending to his storybook career. Swept the rest of the 1989 West playoffs and then Magic and Scott's hamstrings fell apart and so did the Lakers in the Finals. Could've been #6 for Showtime and one for the road for Kareem, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hakeem & Shaq had the most embarrassing exits. Shaq in particular would've been wheelchair bound if he had an ill-advised fall tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kareem also had a very disappointing ending to his storybook career. Swept the rest of the 1989 West playoffs and then Magic and Scott's hamstrings fell apart and so did the Lakers in the Finals. Could've been #6 for Showtime and one for the road for Kareem, tbh
    You're kidding if you think the Lakers would've gotten past the Pistons in 89. That series was a sweep and the Pistons should've won in 88 too. Kareem dropped off the moment he turned 40 in the 87-88 season tbh. Kareem was an elite rebounder and for some reason his rebounding numbers alarmingly dropped off after he became a Laker.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You're kidding if you think the Lakers would've gotten past the Pistons in 89.
    Maybe... Detroit steamrolled everybody in 1989 but at least dem Lakeshow would've had given Detroit their best shot and not their hamstrings.

and the Pistons should've won in 88 too.
    Nope

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no mention of the rapists kirb?

2 injury season still hanging around to collect a paycheck to bed ridden teh franchise with his bogus contract

i can see him sittin around on that team after his 2 years is up with new cba deal, he be asking more then what his playing game is worth

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is not retired yet.

no mention of the rapists kirb?

2 injury season still hanging around to collect a paycheck to bed ridden teh franchise with his bogus contract

i can see him sittin around on that team after his 2 years is up with new cba deal, he be asking more then what his playing game is worth

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Olajuwon ended his career unnoticed in Toronto. Quite a shame for a guy who cucked D-Rob twice in the mid-90's. Meanwhile bible thumper Robinson retires with a ring
    Twice? When's the other time?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Toronto Olajuwon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Iverson in Turkey after no team in the NBA would allow him to sit on the bench.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Which HOF-caliber players had the most embarrassing endings to their careers, tbh..some examples:

- Dad Killer: Playing for the Wizards..the media/players pressuring Vince Carter to give up his ASG spot..the ending of the ASG featuring the East giving DK chance after chance to make a GW, but he kept missing until finally making one at the end..missing the playoffs in a terrible Eastern Conference, etc..

- Patrick Ewing: Ending his career with 2 terrible seasons with the Orlando Magic and Seattle Sonics..

- Shaq: Phoenix, Cleveland and Boston..getting embarrassed by Dwight Howard..

- Tracy McGrady: Pistons and Spurs..smh..

- Allen Iverson: Detroit and Memphis..refusing to accept a bench role..

- Shawn Kemp: ate himself out of the league, returned as a ty, fat player with Orlando..

- Magic Johnson: getting Aids, pretty embarrassing way to go out, tbh..
    The HIV thing was bad ... the bloated "power forward" version of my GOAT PG was worse ... even if he could still pass. Kemp was also disappointing I really loved his game back in the "reign man" days with GP. I fogot who it was but someone said the "Reign man" became a "puddle" after the lockout. Lamar at his best was never as good as Prime Kemp but a lockout effectively ended both their careers.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Iverson in Turkey after no team in the NBA would allow him to sit on the bench.
    This is probably the most embarassing way to end your career. And now he's broke and random chicks at the club don't even recognize him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MJ did leave a blemish by returning to the Wizards. But his die hard fans quickly forgave him. He shouldnt have come back
    Well it was fun to see him score 52 and 53 pts, and have 2 buzzer beaters on the road

At age 39-40

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes

That "foul" on Kareem at the end of game 6 was utter BS

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Well it was fun to see him score 52 and 53 pts, and have 2 buzzer beaters on the road

At age 39-40
    I also loved that block he made (hornets?) where he caught the ball in mid-ar ...
    Wasnt always a huge Jordan fan (became one much later) but it would have been better if he ended it after he ended dem Jazz. But I dont hold it against him ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also loved that block he made (hornets?) where he caught the ball in mid-ar ...
    Wasnt always a huge Jordan fan (became one much later) but it would have been better if he ended it after he ended dem Jazz. But I dont hold it against him ...
    MJ and his wicked compe ive nature

He HAD to come back just to prove he could play against younger stars

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Dad Killer
    Coming back in an even weaker era than his prime so that he could look good
    Still didn't win because Pippen wasn't around to carry him
    Kwame Brown

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe... Detroit steamrolled everybody in 1989 but at least dem Lakeshow would've had given Detroit their best shot and not their hamstrings.

Nope
    No way LA wins the 88 Finals without Isiah ing his ankle up in Game 6, and even then, they were incredibly lucky to escape those two games. I think if you played that series 10 times Detroit wins 7+ times.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL, I remember the preseason hype when they landed Olajuwon.

Thread Information