hasta la victoria, siempre cheguevara's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that idiot Ash Carter put his foot in his mouth again. his comments regarding China's claims to the South china sea were taken badly by the Chinese...

China hits back at US in row over South China Sea

Asked about Mr Carter's comments, Ms Hua said: "I want to point out that some countries, in a region far from their own lands, have deployed offensive weaponry on a large scale and flexed their military muscles again and again in the South China Sea.

On Tuesday, US Defence Secretary Ash Carter expressed "strong concerns" over island-building, and defended Washington's plans.

"Make no mistake, the United States will fly, sail and operate wherever international law allows, as we do around the world, and the South China Sea will not be an exception," he said at a news conference with the Australian foreign and defence ministers.
    "We will do that in the time and places of our choosing," he added, according to Reuters news agency.

and now the US put itself in a corner:

The US now has to decide whether to send in its ships and risk confrontation, or back down and look weak, our analyst says.

Ash Carter. now US not only getting pushed in by Russia in Syria but possibly Chine in the South China sea

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-34529863

hasta la victoria, siempre cheguevara's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Australia just bailed on US. they on their own on this

Australia won't join US Navy patrols near Chinese atols in South China Sea

Read more: http://www.afr.com/news/politics/nat...#ixzz3oayMi6in
    Follow us: @FinancialReview on Twitter | financialreview on Facebook

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Australia makes no difference to us. The US will continue to operate in international waters just like the Chinese do. If the Chinese decide to make new boundaries, we will not observe them. It's very simple. Our ships will go where they have always gone. Just because the Chinese decide to build man made islands and claim them will not change the observed international boundaries. Simples.

And get get out of here with the Russians pushing anyone's in Syria. They just got themselves involved in a mess. Welcome to ... Some of the most juvenile takes on international affairs we will ever read, like this is some sort of backyard, middle school, name calling contest.

That being said Ash Carter seems to be some sort of dweeb. Agree there. Clean up the rhetoric.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    australia sells a lot of coal to China, Aussie conservatives destroying some of the Great Barrier Reef for deep water coal port for Chinese coal exports.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    natural resources battles, wars will get worse as population adds Bs and resources deplete.

fresh water, land for food, minerals, fishing rights(fish stocks mostly collapsed already).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lets see if Americans follow their bark with action. If they chicken out of this one boy it would be embarrasing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lets see if Americans follow their bark with action. If they chicken out of this one boy it would be embarrasing
    What action?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read the article. They had planned to parade their warships through the disputed waters. Lets see if they do it or chicken out again.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    u mean right wing clowns aka liberals..bunch of idiots

lol ethics and standards means jack when it comes to money
    yeah, yeah, I know you upside down guys got your pol party names backwards, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL so the Australians stood by the US when planning the trip but decided not to send their ships? pussies

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ron paul's foreign policy >

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what did you think happen last year when russia sent to 2 nuke ships of the coasts of australia when putin was here for a conference? lmao ted themselves cause dumbass liberal leader wanting to fight him after that malaysian aeroplane was shot down in ukraine...
    LOL

Australia is a country of wankers. They are basically a colony of the US. Even their people are like americans, only more ignorant, more racist and way fatter.

I been there many times and love the place but the people suck. Good thing the asians are taking over that chunk of land.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read the article. They had planned to parade their warships through the disputed waters. Lets see if they do it or chicken out again.
    This action will not make or break our use of international water.
    Sideshow.

The real deal will be when different countries start to drill the areas in "dispute" for hydrocarbons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    natural resources battles, wars will get worse as population adds Bs and resources deplete.

fresh water, land for food, minerals, fishing rights(fish stocks mostly collapsed already).

Are you worried about China building man made islands on coral atolls?

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Aussies made a smart decision to stay away from the mess tbh. The strategic point lies in the East China sea, where China and Japan have territorial disputes. Meanwhile those Southeast Asian countries are irrelevant that no one gives a about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aussies made a smart decision to stay away from the mess tbh. The strategic point lies in the East China sea, where China and Japan have territorial disputes. Meanwhile those Southeast Asian countries are irrelevant that no one gives a about.
    No they are not Franklin.

Oil. Oil in some of those now disputed areas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This action will not make or break our use of international water.
    they are not international waters to the chinese.

The real deal will be when different countries start to drill the areas in "dispute" for hydrocarbons.
    If anyone will drill on it it will be China. If anyone else attempts to drill on it it will be War.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Correct.

Because they have dredged crap off the bottom and piled it on coral atolls and then claimed the new "Island" part of China.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they are not international waters to the chinese.

If anyone will drill on it it will be China. If anyone else attempts to drill on it it will be War.
    I don't know about that. But I do agree with the next step for China. They will establish a military presence on the Islands and probably make it very difficult to drill for other countries by just getting in their way. China does not seek direct military conflict usually. They go to some extremes to avoid it. They would have already stormed Tiawan and other disputed Islands if they really wanted war.

Thread Information