Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wondering what everyone thinks could Bowen in his prime as a Spur stop curry. I think he could have with his physical play and dirty tricks I think he would have been able to keep him in check, what do you guys think who actually saw Bowen play think.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bowen couldn't stop Paul and had trouble vs. Nash, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least Bowen could probably injure that ass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the better judgement would be placing Curry on any team in the 90s. He would be on the floor so much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bowen struggled against Nash, and Curry is Nash on steroids

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, Bowen didn't defend PGs very well

really I think the only 2 who could stop Curry were Gary Payton and Chauncey Billups... maybe a younger spryer Andre Miller but not now

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry better not jump on his shots tbh.... That ain't gone end well

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He would break his ankles.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prime Bowen would make Curry work and his ankles up pretty good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    curry would drop 50 with ease tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A guy like Curry was just so far beyond what Prime Bowen could expect to see from an opponent that it just doesn't make sense to compare them. Honestly, Steph would destroy him, especially if GS was able to set moving screens. Now, maybe Bowen could stop Green, which would be almost as helpful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bowen was better against SGs and SFs than he was PGs (understandably). That said, I suspect Curry would be landing on Bowen's feet after a lot of those 3pt attempts.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    The only player that has played the best legit D on his has been Avery Bradley who kept pressing him from half-court but he eventually got gassed (Smart was out) & fouled out.

The Celtics are probably best suited to check the Worriers b/c they have Bradley/Smart/Turner to rotate on Curry/Klay & they can put Crowder on Draymond to switch the PnRs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only player that has played the best legit D on his has been Avery Bradley who kept pressing him from half-court but he eventually got gassed (Smart was out) & fouled out.

The Celtics are probably best suited to check the Worriers b/c they have Bradley/Smart/Turner to rotate on Curry/Klay & they can put Crowder on Draymond to switch the PnRs.
    Durant-- biggest Warrios killer- in Boston would be the coup of the summer, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teams spend too much energy worrying about Curry. He's going to go off on you but he's not selfish enough to put 60 on you. He'll move the ball around. You have to stop someone like Draymond from getting his. He was stopped tonight and the Thunder had that game in the bag. The point margin for the Warriors is around 11 or so. You can shave 11 without stopping Curry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    curry would drop 50 with ease tbh
    Like he did on that defensive stalwart Delly?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry would embarrass Bruce. Honestly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bowen would lock down Klay, but Curry isn't a good matchup for any lengthy defensive wing, 6'3" can just simply outmaneuver 6'7". Bowen was also brilliant at funneling penetrators into Timmy (see how Bruce defended James in '07). Curry, being a shooter, can neutralize that strategy.

Thing is, the jumpshot is the greatest weapon bar none in basketball if shot efficiently. Moreso than a post-game or penetration. Scoring from the post and on drives requires the precise combination of many distinct movements (dribbling, fakes, controlling your body and asborbing contact when finishing). A jumpshot is simple and efficient. Jump and shoot. And it's relatively unblockable.

For most players, a 12-30 footer is an inefficient option, even supposed great jump shooters like Kobe were never really that efficient. But Curry brings post/penetration efficiency to the jumper, and it pretty much makes him unstoppable (you can stop penetration and post-games with the right schemes and personnel, but you can't stop a great jump shot).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only way he stops curry is if he injures the guy.

Realisticly, I see Pop pressing and denying curry in hallfcourt with a rotation of Kawhi-Parker-Mills-Simmons-Green

With Green getting the bulk of the assignment in crunchtime.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what the spurs should do. He has a history of weak ankles. Make him think before he pulls up that next jumpsuit, get in his head.
    But tire that er out. Pressure him at half court, switch Simmons and Leonard in for Green when Green slows down.
    And they gotta tire Curry out on defense too. Whoever he is guarding should be handling the ball and wearing him out.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No doubt Bowen win.

He got a few dirty tricks tbh

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Teams spend too much energy worrying about Curry. He's going to go off on you but he's not selfish enough to put 60 on you. He'll move the ball around. You have to stop someone like Draymond from getting his. He was stopped tonight and the Thunder had that game in the bag. The point margin for the Warriors is around 11 or so. You can shave 11 without stopping Curry.
    Draymond wasn't stopped, he freaking blew layups & FTs. The guy they had to limit was Klay but he got his.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry would cry for fouls, simple.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

KCP is the best defender in Curry

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Serious lack of respect for Bowen in this thread. He was at his best in 2003 when he stopped Kobe in the playoffs, not in 2005 and definitely 2007 he was old. Also, if Nash was so dominant of Bowen, why did the Spurs win all those series?

Curry is awesome and I'm sure he would put up points against Bowen, but I think Bruce was an all time great and would have given him some problems. If you're fast enough to stay in front if Kobe, that says it all.

Plus if really was bigger stretch 4's like Dirk that gave Bowen problems, not quick guys.

Thread Information