Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Because it was brought to the masses (in the 90s) as global warming with alarm bells ringing that within 20 years the earth as we know it would be destroyed. Then, when the earth wasn't destroyed, it was changed to climate change.

Now, either someone (the community) was purposely lying, or their calculations are just way off. Either of those choices isn't great.
    A) as I said, the scientific community has used the term climate change since the 50's. The names didn't "change" to global warming. It's almost like you ignored my last post completely. And have the scientists really dropped the contention that global warming is still occurring? No. Your point isn't really a point. It's a talking point.

B) what respected scientific periodical claimed the earth as we know it will be gone in 20 years?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The earth's been warming up for years now, it's really crazy to deny otherwise. This has been a trend since like the 60's.

A better question, to what extent does human activity contribute to global warming...?

It seems very minimal according to most research....The earth's been undergoing Warming and cooling phases for millions of years..

The truth is that Humans are delusional.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    The earth's been warming up for years now, it's really crazy to deny otherwise. This has been a trend since like the 60's.

A better question, to what extent does human activity contribute to global warming...?

It seems very minimal according to most research....The earth's been undergoing Warming and cooling phases for millions of years..

The truth is that Humans are delusional.
    Quality troll material. Targeting both sides of the aisle. Very efficient

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    the truth is never black and white.

Yes, the earth has been warming up but there isn't a conclusive evidence out there to suggest humans play a major role.

In fact, through time scientist have been proven wrong in so many occasions...Theyr'e humans too, not infallaible. So these Human blaming for everything that happens in earth that scientifc community es about in every opportunity is quite hilarious tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    A) as I said, the scientific community has used the term climate change since the 50's. The names didn't "change" to global warming. It's almost like you ignored my last post completely. And have the scientists really dropped the contention that global warming is still occurring? No. Your point isn't really a point. It's a talking point.

B) what respected scientific periodical claimed the earth as we know it will be gone in 20 years?
    Cmon man. There were all kinds predictions out there. Im not going to go copy / paste articles and opinions. "Respected" is a pliable word. Anyone you want to be respected will be. Those you do not, won't.

And i never said climate doesn't change. Of course it does. It warms and cools. I just don't think humans are having the impact that is being sold.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Cmon man. There were all kinds predictions out there. Im not going to go copy / paste articles and opinions. "Respected" is a pliable word. Anyone you want to be respected will be. Those you do not, won't.
    From a reputable scientific publication? As in a peer reviewed work, as opposed to climatestuff.blogspot.com

And i never said climate doesn't change. Of course it does. It warms and cools. I just don't think humans are having the impact that is being sold.
    I never said that was your claim (the earth isn't warming). But the word play between climate change and global warming is just a talking point and doesn't note any shift in the claims of the scientific community.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    What's good, man? What are you doing in the field these days?
    Nothing weather related. I work with remote sensing of snow and the cryosphere with mainly alpine snowpacks. I do some chasing in the Spring but that's not on a professional basis.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    So is it still called global warming? Or climate change?
    Warming leads to climate change.

So whatever you like.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Warming leads to climate change.

So whatever you like.
    Do you have a cold or are you sneezing?

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans

It's Tuesday September 12th and it's 63 degrees
    LOL can't tell if this is trolling or botting.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Nothing weather related. I work with remote sensing of snow and the cryosphere with mainly alpine snowpacks. I do some chasing in the Spring but that's not on a professional basis.
    Any good chases recently? I miss chasing. We finally got some lightning here in California and it scared the bejesus out of everyone. Lmao

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Do you have a cold or are you sneezing?
    Aha!

Give me two choices without none of the above.
    Im on to these guys mister.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    College
    Oregon Ducks
    The globe has been warming since the 1700's. What's there to deny?

Name
    noneya beezwax
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    If you don’t trust the thermometers, throw them out,” Hayhoe said. “All we have to do is look at what’s happening in nature.'
    https://www.apnews.com/c895b9ac7e4a4...all-around-you

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You climate deniers can seriously GFY's.
    107 the forecast for inland San Diego this weekend.

Picked a thread with "Global Warming" in it.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    You climate deniers can seriously GFY's.
    107 the forecast for inland San Diego this weekend.

Picked a thread with "Global Warming" in it.
    Happened all throughout my life, about once every 2 years on the west coast. It's not the norm but it happens. And the temps next week are forecasted to be average to below average. It all evens out in nature. #cyclical

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Happened all throughout my life, about once every 2 years on the west coast. It's not the norm but it happens. And the temps next week are forecasted to be average to below average. It all evens out in nature. #cyclical
    Cool story bro.

In Livermore California, temperatures on Monday hit 116 degrees Fahrenheit – the hottest day of all time, the service said. The previous record for Livermore was 108 degrees Fahrenheit in 1950. Kentfield also hit its highest temperature since 1950 at 107 degrees Fahrenheit. The San Francisco airport, Oakland Museum, Salinas, San Jose airport, King City, Redwood City, Napa, Gilroy and Santa Rosa, also hit daily records in the Bay Area.
    The service also noted that "countless" sites hit temperatures above 110 degrees Fahrenheit, with several approaching 120. The afternoon temperatures in the Bay area were about 10 to 15 degrees above normal along the coast, and roughly 20 to 35 degrees above normal elsewhere.
    Monday night brought little relief to the area with "oppressive overnight heat" staying in the upper 80s to around 100 degrees Fahrenheit, the National Weather Service said. Tuesday is expected to be even hotter as NOAA's Weather Prediction Center warns of the potential for "dozens of new daily high temperature records" across the U.S. West.
    Central California also saw some record highs in several spots in the San Joaquin Valley as many other areas peaked at just under 110 degrees Fahrenheit. Fresno has a 50-50 chance of hitting 112 or more on Tuesday, which would be a monthly high for the city since records began in 1887, the National Weather Service said. Hanford, Madera, Bakersfield and Merced could also set monthly highs.

Thread Information