Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scary to think that the Warriors managed to impose this culture in their players so easily.

Easier said than done Klay, let´s see if he actually does it.

Article:
    http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/07/21/...bcs&yptr=yahoo

What he said:
    “I know how good I am in this league. I’m not going to judge my performance off numbers or anything. If we get wins, it really doesn’t matter, man. It’s all good….

“I look at a guy like Manu Ginobili who came off the bench almost his entire career,” Thompson said. “Never averaged more than 20 points a game, but he’s a four-time champion, you know? He could have easily been on another team and averaged 25 a game, but he sacrificed to win, and that’s what I expect to do next year. I don’t care about averaging 25 or even 20. I just want to finish it out and get back to the Finals and enjoy that ride.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe they should get Lebron to just make sure they face no adversity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's dawning on him that with KD in the fold, Thompson is expendable and instead of extending him they'll eventually ship him off for parts. Sucks to be you, Klay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Egos will collide

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “I look at a guy like Manu Ginobili who came off the bench almost his entire career,” Thompson said. “Never averaged more than 20 points a game, but he’s a four-time champion, you know? He could have easily been on another team and averaged 25 a game, but he sacrificed to win, and that’s what I expect to do next year. I don’t care about averaging 25 or even 20. I just want to finish it out and get back to the Finals and enjoy that ride.”
    Players recognize what's real.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “I just like to play my own game and do what I can. Because I know I can be just as good, if not better, than Manu Ginobili.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This year has been crazy about the salaries. But generally, even a Sixth Man of the Year isn't worth as much as a top-notch starter. If Green sacrificed the way Manu did, he knows that it would affect his next contract - potentially by a lot. So he would be giving up the status of being a starter, plus millions. Draymond might sacrifice a chicken or a goat if he thought it would help him win. I'll believe that he'll sacrifice big money and/or status when I see it. He may recognize what Manu did, but doing it is something else entirely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “I just like to play my own game and do what I can. Because I know I can be just as good, if not better, than Manu Ginobili.”
    I didn't see that quote anywhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't see that quote anywhere.
    from an older interview

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What an ass.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    They are totally ripping off the Spurs model in Golden State.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's gonna get traded eventually if KD stays. they cant afford to have 140m tied up in 4 players with nothing but minimum contracts for 10 roster spots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Klay was talking that his rookie season. I remember one television interview from his rookie year, I swear he said that he would be better than Tim and Tony, too. I remember commenting here about how ing arrogant that comment was, and a few people defending it, saying he was a really good player. Yeah, but comparing yourself to some of the best players in the game (at that time) before you've even put in a full season? I don't think it was the same interview, because I'm pretty sure he included even Tim in his comment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    from an older interview

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not expecting to average 25 or even 20? You better get comfortable around 15. KD and Steph will likely put in 50 combined on average plus Gaymond. Let's say for arguement sake he averages 15 too. That's 80 ppg from 4 starters combined.

It's easy to say the right things, it's a whole lot different to do the right things. Manu is the only guy I can even remember sacrificing prime years in that way for a reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought he was talking about gs sacfricing and manu taking 14 million instead of taking less

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Klay was talking that his rookie season. I remember one television interview from his rookie year, I swear he said that he would be better than Tim and Tony, too. I remember commenting here about how ing arrogant that comment was, and a few people defending it, saying he was a really good player. Yeah, but comparing yourself to some of the best players in the game (at that time) before you've even put in a full season? I don't think it was the same interview, because I'm pretty sure he included even Tim in his comment.
    Come one, surely he wasn't dumb enough to say he could be better than Tim Duncan, especially in his rookie year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It really is true when they say there is only 1 ball. Sure there are alot of good scorers on that team now, but its not like all of them are going to continue to get the same numbers. They aren't going to be scoring 160 every game, and every single team is going to be going all out against them every night. If Durrant takes away shots from Curry thats a good thing for teams.

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How dare that got mention Manu's name?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe they should get Lebron to just make sure they face no adversity.
    “I just like to play my own game and do what I can. Because I know I can be MUCH BETTER than Manu Ginobili.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come one, surely he wasn't dumb enough to say he could be better than Tim Duncan, especially in his rookie year.

LOL. I was pissed. And I was shocked that people were defending him.

I honestly don't remember his exact words after all this time. At the very least, he compared himself to the Big 3, and said that he was as good or better than them. But I think names were mentioned. I remember it because of a few people saying that he was going to be a great player, and me saying, "Yeah, but at least play a few years before you start comparing yourself to those guys." As usual, no minds are changed on ST.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is better than Manu ever was, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If not for eliancito ting on himself, Alphompson would be 2 time champ

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now you're semi bolded? is it a new category?

Thread Information