Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny makes Tony and Manu look irreplaceable, tbh... there's that too. And with Tony hurt and Manu old and only able to play limited mins, it further complicate things.

But also don't forget Simms has been a pile of dog too, and he was supposed to be a release valve for this problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You got stats that say otherwise? The only time he creates his own 3 is in transition.

93.5% of his threes are assisted.
    That's not getting the same looks at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's shooting .392 on 3-ptrs this year so not sure why people are questioning his shooting. His offense has always been limited. My real question is--- just how good is his defense? For him to be worth it as a starting SG with no real offensive game beyond hitting open assisted 3 ptrs, he has to be an ELITE defender. Not just a good defender. Is he elite? I'm not sure.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See Green's D on Paul George. We need Danny, but please don't let him touch the ball unless he's wide open behind the three point line. How has he survived and not learned how to make the right passes in the open court?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel the collapse of Simmons is due to a wrist injury on his shooting hand. When you're not a good shooter to begin with it doesn't take much to things up lol
    Somebody - maybe you - posted that observatio in another thread recently. I hadn't really made the connection between Simmons' wrist injury and his decline. If you are right, perhaps he can salvage his career - just not in San Antonio.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing about this discussion is we all wish we had a starting SG who can create offense, shot the 3 ball, and play good defense. But-- every team is looking for that! It's like an NFL fan saying his team just needs an outside rusher who can pressure the opposing QB without a blitz. Of course, every team is looking for that. And they're hard to find and expensive if you do. We already lucked in to getting Leonard.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Re can adequately guard his position... which has pretty much more one to guard. He's not quick enough for bigs nor tall enough for most wings, and him being 33 only makes that worse. I'm glad he's not Marco, but I can't think of a player against whom the Spurs will feel like Re 's D was valuable.

Why do you keep calling Green a 37-percent shooter? He's a 39-percent shooter, while Re is a 41-percenter. That's five more threes over 59 games that Danny'd have to make up. JJ is certainly used to a more dynamic role than Green's had lately. And he scores more inside the arc, though he doesn't have much on Green in creating for others (assists at a lower rate with a similar A:TO). Without a PG to put pressure on the D, I doubt Re would score well enough to make up for the defensive drop-off.

And that's ignoring that Re will make twice as much as Danny will next season.

I'm taking into account Green shooting from last year. I'll discuss all day about the two and I really do understand Green value as a defensive player..and Re doesn't come close. But I think the same can be said on the offensive side if the ball. Re is a waaaay better shooter and offensive player. You're judging off shooting percentages but while I do the same I also account for the types/quality of threes. I mean Green/Curry shoot the same percentage this year but we both know Curry is better due to the variety ways he can shoot.

Green is a strictly catch and shoot guy...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny Green is an NBA champion. He's shooting 40% from distance and plays great defense. He's fine.

This is a stupid thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's awful! Shot is so unreliable. I am always surprised when it goes in.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's the Spurs' third-most important player absolutely irreplaceable, as my landlord Palangi says. Obviously.
    Good to see I'm set up in your simple little mind. But if we want to be honest, let's remember YOU were the one that claimed him as irreplaceable.

But keep on fighting this fight. It makes you funny

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's shooting .392 on 3-ptrs this year so not sure why people are questioning his shooting. His offense has always been limited. My real question is--- just how good is his defense? For him to be worth it as a starting SG with no real offensive game beyond hitting open assisted 3 ptrs, he has to be an ELITE defender. Not just a good defender. Is he elite? I'm not sure.
    That stat is full of , he´s been shooting 1-6 every game and Im being generous, his passing skills are vomit, and his drives to the basket are a trainwreck.
    Dude cant even sink open looks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's awful! Shot is so unreliable. I am always surprised when it goes in.
    Thats how I feel, this is like 4 times worse than Bonner.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just saw Green shoots 10.5% from 10-16 feet
    Irreplaceable!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He just needs to shoot the moment he gets the ball, no matter where he is, or how covered he is.
    Anything else he does leads to fast break points for the other team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing about this discussion is we all wish we had a starting SG who can create offense, shot the 3 ball, and play good defense. But-- every team is looking for that! It's like an NFL fan saying his team just needs an outside rusher who can pressure the opposing QB without a blitz. Of course, every team is looking for that. And they're hard to find and expensive if you do. We already lucked in to getting Leonard.
    There is always the option of moving Leonard to the 2 and bringing in a starting 3?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1 of 7. Awful. And just a mistake factory last night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm ready. Never thought his D would leave too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Somebody - maybe you - posted that observatio in another thread recently. I hadn't really made the connection between Simmons' wrist injury and his decline. If you are right, perhaps he can salvage his career - just not in San Antonio.
    I did bring it up. I know he's missed games due to a wrist injury. I was at the Atlanta game and noticed his right wrist was wrapped..it's probably nothing major an injury to your shooting wrist I would think hurt your shot some

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Without a doubt I'm more skeptical of his shooting not his defense....39% for him is a joke...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did bring it up. I know he's missed games due to a wrist injury. I was at the Atlanta game and noticed his right wrist was wrapped..it's probably nothing major an injury to your shooting wrist I would think hurt your shot some
    Like you say, especially if your confidence is lacking to begin with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he hasn't been shooting well for 2 seasons or so but he and Mills are the only spurs players who has a green light to shhot 3 pointers off the dribble in transition. I just don't get it. ing trust...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Instead of working on his 3 point shooting, just ran into this schmuck at an indoor trampoline park, scrubbing it up on the dodgeball court.. Forbes was there too

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Surprised he didn't take Lillard with him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesn't need to go, he just needs to understand what his limitations are. I thought that was a process that was going to happen in the early part of the season, and by this time he would have an idea of what works and doesn't.

So, he should just play to his strengths. I don't mind him taking 3s, even if he clanks them. That's is his game offensively. The putting the ball on the floor or trying to do an entry pass is stuff he needs to stay away from.
    El Nono with the goods!

Danny is underappreciated in this forum, outside Kawhi and LaMarcus he is the most valuable asset on our team right now. Only a fool would trade him.

Thread Information