Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't like the fact that Jordan-esque midpost/midrange play is obsolete in favor of the ty brand of basketball Harden, et al plays, but it is what it is. If you're a perimeter player, the game you need to have today is dribble-drive penetration combined with being an off-the-dribble threat from deep. Kawhi is just slightly above average in both areas.

The data has spoken. Shots from the post are about the worst shot in basketball now, and Kawhi takes the most and hardest shots from the post out of any NBA player.

Grim business.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Stick to being "pulled back in" by porker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We've known this for a long time. He molded his game off of Kobe's midrange game and footwork.

These are things we on Harden, Kobe, etc for...

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    he didnt know what to do when he saw Matt Barnes on the other team lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're making a habit out of basing things off one/a handful of games. That antiquated game has looked just fine against GS in the past. Bad game today, nothing more. Plus he's continuing to see double teams.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    Autist tried to model his game from the 2nd best player in history and closest thing to MJ

Problem is that he doesnt have Mamba's natural basketball instincts and iq

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We've known this for a long time. He molded his game off of Kobe's midrange game and footwork.

These are things we on Harden, Kobe, etc for...
    The worst model. That game just doesn't work today. Good for filling up the PPG column, but it doesn't pressure defenses like it once did.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its not antiquated
    Its actually productive &rather dominant
    Rarely is there a night where he doesnt have that advantage on the block
    For whatever reason the Spurs wont milk it
    And as of late hes been making moves trying to facilitate others as opposed to scoring
    He needs to just take the shots
    Take the pick and go
    Id take a good shot by a great player over a great shot by a mediocre player every trip
    And for Gods sake stop jackin up those bad 3s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. Teams have figured out his offense. It's pretty one dimensional. He'll never be an MVP player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol, OP is the biggest got on this site.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His 3 is off. He has no confidence shooting it anymore. His game is one-dimensional when his 3 is not hitting, if it is, he can get his easily.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love his style. Carrying on Timmy's legacy with the Beautiful Post Game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I kind of just realized something.. Kawhi hasn't really had a single season where he has had to do this much for this many games in his career. Not making an excuse for him because he didn't play well. But I think he's getting tired legs. It's time to start resting him up for the playoffs. Some people might want to call me out for this but I really think we can't say this is right or wrong. We just have to see if rest will help him or not because it's time to do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I said, and have been saying for a long time, Kawhiso is a terrible basis for an offense. It hurts them on both ends unless the shots go in at a high rate. Fortunately, they usually do. But without a working three-point shot, he just doesn't have anything to counter a team bottling his drives up, and between him and Pop, there's nothing they're doing to counter it.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Stick to being "pulled back in" by porker
    Lol, OP is the biggest got on this site.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're making a habit out of basing things off one/a handful of games. That antiquated game has looked just fine against GS in the past. Bad game today, nothing more. Plus he's continuing to see double teams.
    What's Kawhi primary method of attack?

"Um, mid range and post!"

What's the least efficient shot in basketball?

"Um, mid range jumpers."

Which shot has been shown to have a comparatively low PPS compared to other shot types?

"Um, shots from the post."

I don't care about double teams. Penetration of the Harden type or off-the-dribble 3 point shooting pressure defenses A LOT more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he had another all star on the team like a Lillard or Chris Paul to take some pressure off having to do all the play making then maybe he'd do alot better against the warriors who threw everything at him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I said, and have been saying for a long time, Kawhiso is a terrible basis for an offense. It hurts them on both ends unless the shots go in at a high rate. Fortunately, they usually do. But without a working three-point shot, he just doesn't have anything to counter a team bottling his drives up, and between him and Pop, there's nothing they're doing to counter it.
    He's surrounded by , you're acting as if he's surrounded by knock down shooters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"Um, mid range jumpers."

Which shot has been shown to have a comparatively low PPS compared to other shot types?

I don't care about double teams. Penetration of the Harden type or off-the-dribble 3 point shooting pressure defenses A LOT more.
    And how many les does harden ball have? I'll wait..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's surrounded by , you're acting as if he's surrounded by knock down shooters.
    Inb4 this team without kawhi is a great team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not surrounded by bad players. He's surrounded by somewhat inconsistent players who don't get to play in rhythm nowadays.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"Um, mid range jumpers."

Which shot has been show to have a comparatively low PPS compared to other shot types?

I couldnt care less if the midrange is inefficient for the rest of the league. It isn't for Kawhi. One game doesnt change that. Would it be nice if he had all-world vision and plamaking like Harden? Sure but that doesn't diminish his greatness on offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not surrounded by bad players. He's surrounded by somewhat inconsistent players who don't get to play in rhythm nowadays.
    Crofl. His center and pg had 2 points combined tonight. LMA is a soft got and Green has 5 bad games for every good one. Come on man, just stop it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its impossible for fans to accept that kawhi had a bad game by his standards

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crofl. His center and pg had 2 points combined tonight. LMA is a soft got and Green has 5 bad games for every good one. Come on man, just stop it.
    Both Green and LMA outplayed Kawhi. The team lost the lead exactly because they went to Kawhi to close the first quarter. It didn't make any sense. Yes Parker didn't play well, but he only used six possessions, so who cares? Dedmon was fine. There's no way to spin this game other than Kawhiso ground the offense to a halt, and they never got back into rhythm.

Thread Information