Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell was rewarded for his stellar play against the suns...

with garbage time minutes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the writeup and grades! Good to see the win!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell could easily have played all of Pattys minutes ... dont care about different positions they play

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades. 3 quarters of good basketball, and 4th quarter of tired, going-through motion basketball. Spurs were lucky the Pacers played worst or they could’ve given the lead back and lost the game. Patty had to get into a squabble to get a 2pts. . He’s really been playing bad, passing up open 3’s to penetrate and pass to a lower % guy. I mean it took Vassell less than 1 possession to equal Patty’s production

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so wtf is pop actually doing...making playoffs or tanking for a pick? theres really no point now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks OP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we beat the Heat tomorrow we have a really good shot at a 5 game winning streak. Though I am worried bc they play at home and we are at home

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the first quarter, White was the definitive PG and controlled the offense. In the second quarter, the Spurs went away from that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, yeah, something was off with Mills tonight. I don’t know if he was injured, sick or just tired but he barely did anything when on the court. On offense, he was literally hiding in the corner for a majority of his minutes

Perhaps Mills was trying to hint to Pop to get him off the court by not doing anything. But Pop and his stubbornness will just keep Mills in, even when completely unproductive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the first quarter, White was the definitive PG and controlled the offense. In the second quarter, the Spurs went away from that.
    Umm what? I don't know where yours and timvp 's assessment of White being the main ball handler coming from, but I'm re-watching the game right now on league pass and don't see this change.

1st play, Murray initiates the offense
    2nd play, White brings it up the court, gives it to Murray
    3rd, Murray again
    4th, Murray again

So forth and so forth. Granted, I'm just finishing up the first quarter so second might change, but I'll post about that here shortly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey all you Pop haters, how did TJ Mconnell and Jakarr Sampson do this time around? Nobody and I mean nobody embarrasses the old man two times in a row unless it's the playoffs or it's actually a decent team not missing half their roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, so I just went through each play of the first half and there was no offense re-distribution evident. It was the same old:

When White and Murray are both on the court - Murray is primary, White (and DeMar) are secondary
    When White is the only one of the two on the court - he's naturally the primary
    When Murray is the only one of the two on the court - he's naturally the primary

Difference last night was we had peak White - he made his shots, he didn't have any sloppy passes, he didn't hang his head after a miss.

This version of White is a starter on a championship team. If only we had him 90% of the time. But hey, he's been on a roll this month so who knows...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Umm what? I don't know where yours and timvp 's assessment of White being the main ball handler coming from, but I'm re-watching the game right now on league pass and don't see this change.

1st play, Murray initiates the offense
    2nd play, White brings it up the court, gives it to Murray
    3rd, Murray again
    4th, Murray again

So forth and so forth. Granted, I'm just finishing up the first quarter so second might change, but I'll post about that here shortly.
    I just rewatched also, and you're right that Murray & White share bringing up the ball for the first part of the quarter, with Murray having more initial touches. But in the 4 minutes of the quarter where the Spurs dramatically extend the lead, it's all White.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just rewatched also, and you're right that Murray & White share bringing up the ball for the first part of the quarter, with Murray having more initial touches. But in the last nearly 4 minutes of the quarter where the Spurs dramatically extend the lead, it's all White.
    Yup, when the $17 mil a year White shows up, we have a of a player who can dramatically extend leads like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades. 3 quarters of good basketball, and 4th quarter of tired, going-through motion basketball. Spurs were lucky the Pacers played worst or they could’ve given the lead back and lost the game. Patty had to get into a squabble to get a 2pts. . He’s really been playing bad, passing up open 3’s to penetrate and pass to a lower % guy. I mean it took Vassell less than 1 possession to equal Patty’s production
    Any win is a good win at this point, but ya...
    Pacers out:

two-time All-Star Domantas Sabonis (sore lower back)
    defensive player of the year candidate Myles Turner (right foot)
    Turner's replacement, Goga Bitadze, also didn't finish the game because of a sprained left ankle.
    T.J. Warren

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, so I just went through each play of the first half and there was no offense re-distribution evident. It was the same old:

When White and Murray are both on the court - Murray is primary, White (and DeMar) are secondary
    When White is the only one of the two on the court - he's naturally the primary
    When Murray is the only one of the two on the court - he's naturally the primary

Difference last night was we had peak White - he made his shots, he didn't have any sloppy passes, he didn't hang his head after a miss.

This version of White is a starter on a championship team. If only we had him 90% of the time. But hey, he's been on a roll this month so who knows...
    They interviewed White after the game,and apparently, they found a flaw in his form. He had been fading away on his 3s, which led to the low %.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I'm convinced at this point that the Murray/White back court paired with a legit top 10 player could be a serious contender. For me, that's the interesting thing about this team right now-- there are potentially 4 or more guys who could all be legit #3 options on a great team. And I think it would be tough but not impossible to contend going, say, 7 deep with these types of net positive players.

Remember not very long ago when Pop absolutely refused to play Murray & White together? That move looks pretty stubborn and badly thought out now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I'm convinced at this point that the Murray/White back court paired with a legit top 10 player could be a serious contender. For me, that's the interesting thing about this team right now-- there are potentially 4 or more guys who could all be legit #3 options on a great team. And I think it would be tough but not impossible to contend going, say, 7 deep with these types of net positive players.

Remember not very long ago when Pop absolutely refused to play Murray & White together? That move looks pretty stubborn and badly thought out now.
    They were both on minutes restrictions last season. We were playing Patty, Marco, and Bryn. If you played White and DJ 24 minutes together, there would be 24 minutes with neither on the court. Not optimal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They were both on minutes restrictions last season. We were playing Patty, Marco, and Bryn. If you played White and DJ 24 minutes together, there would be 24 minutes with neither on the court. Not optimal.
    Agreed, but still-- to not play them together at all, even in end of games scenarios where you want your best 5 out there, is a pretty bad move.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a weird move. A lot of weird on the team last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel vindicated for my patience while White got his legs back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also loved the untragic (magic) poeltl sighting last night. Jak has some handles in the open court for a big man.

Thread Information