My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Udrih earns Popovich's praise
    Web Posted: 10/14/2005 12:00 AM CDT

Johnny Ludden
    Express-News Staff Writer

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/b....1cf60ebe.html

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Beno Udrih led the Spurs with 20 points in Thursday's 95-91 exhibition loss to Washington.

"I thought Beno was our best player tonight," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "He really showed point-guard skills. He showed aggressiveness. He made other people on the floor better."

Udrih also played well during his brief time on the floor on Monday against Miami. After struggling a bit against Philadelphia on Wednesday, he again earned Popovich's praise.

"To have the third point guard and go out and play like he did," Popovich said, "is a bonus for us."

On the mend: Fabricio Oberto appears to be recovering well after spraining his left ankle Monday in Miami. Although he didn't play Thursday, he ran before the game.

Oberto will probably miss Saturday's game against Houston, but might be able to return when the Spurs play in Indiana on Tuesday.

Familiar face: Former Spurs guard Antonio Daniels is beginning his first season with Washington after signing a five-year contract worth about $30 million during the summer.

Daniels' agent, Tony Dutt, also spoke with Spurs officials, but the team was limited in what it could offer after spending half of its $5 million exception on Oberto.

Daniels, who continues to make San Antonio his offseason home, signed with the Wizards, in part, because their style of play wasn't too different from that of his previous team, the Seattle SuperSonics.

"It's very open, a lot of pick and rolls, and they like to get out and run," Daniels said. "And this is a great group of guys. That knucklehead factor isn't here. You don't have to worry about somebody coming into the locker room and throwing a tirade."

Fans by any name: A couple of the Spurs' more committed fans attended Thursday's game.

John and Rhonda Till, former San Antonians living in Greensboro, N.C., brought their 21/2-month-old son, Parker Duncan Ginobili Till, to his first Spurs game.

After the Spurs won their third championship, the Tills decided to name their son, who was born on July 31, after the team's three stars.

"I had to convince (Rhonda) on the Ginobili part," John Till said. "She was OK with Parker and Duncan."

John, a 37-year-old chef who graduated from Lee High School in 1986, and Parker D.G. posed for a photo with Tony Parker before the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beno kicks ass on NBA Live 2006.

Spurs love forever RobinsontoDuncan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker Duncan Ginobili Till....... my first reaction, laughing my ass off. My second reaction....these people ought to be shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker Duncan Ginobili Till....... my first reaction, laughing my ass off. My second reaction....these people ought to be shot.
    My brother was named after Superman's dad. Although spelled in a different variation. Give the parents some slack.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a pretty big overreaction.

Think about it this way, he'll only be known as Parker Till. That's a pretty normal name.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the last name is the worst part.

I am a locopatriot
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think about it this way, he'll only be known as Parker Till. That's a pretty normal name.
    If I had to choose, I would be Duncan Till.
    Dunkan is even more normal, even basketballwise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Parker or Manu get traded in the future, what will those parents do?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Call Isiah and trade their son for a couple of expiring Knicks contracts.

I like boobs a lot! Slo spurs fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "I thought Beno was our best player tonight," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "He really showed point-guard skills. He showed aggressiveness. He made other people on the floor better."
    Now I can die!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    John and Rhonda Till, former San Antonians living in Greensboro, N.C., brought their 21/2-month-old son, Parker Duncan Ginobili Till, to his first Spurs game.

After the Spurs won their third championship, the Tills decided to name their son, who was born on July 31, after the team's three stars.
    July 31....that is my dad's birthday.

@ Parker Duncan Ginobili

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pop is getting ready to trade Beno.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it is for someone of equal or greater value, then so be it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I envy you. My PS2 Broke.

AHHHHHHHHHH! Who did it?!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i hope Tony gets a minor flu in a month or so there would be serious chance for Beno to proove himself even more and progress in his game! (in his only start last year he was a monster)

and plz dont bash me im not jinxing anyone; i like Parker hehe

FINLEY destroys the mavs mrose31's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is also awesome on nba2k6. I have played about 10 games and he has been player of the game twice. On the game he is really good shooter from anywhere, but I have trouble with him guarding other good point guards. He is pretty good at stealing but they seem to get by him pretty easy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^

may the force kick yo ass ObiwanGinobili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I envy you. My PS2 Broke.

AHHHHHHHHHH! Who did it?!

did you buy it the 1st day it was released???
    casue mine broke too. and everyone I know who bought it the 1st day or week has had to replace it allready.
    it's so depressing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beno kicked ass last night

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beno kicked ass last night

You speak true... Finally!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I guess he is going to be the third point guard. I would have thought Pop would try to play NVE as little as possible to keep him fresh for the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TheWriter just got me in the mood to play nba live 06 im out

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To have the third point guard and go out and play like he did," Popovich said, "is a bonus for us."
    That's a calculated statement to put pressure on Beno. They very well may be shopping him, but if he steps up and makes it impossible to deny him a backup spot, then so much the better for the team. As mentioned, it also gives Pop the opportunity to limit NVE's minutes until later in the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You speak true... Finally!

I say this with all respect....your mother luv!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a calculated statement to put pressure on Beno. They very well may be shopping him, but if he steps up and makes it impossible to deny him a backup spot, then so much the better for the team. As mentioned, it also gives Pop the opportunity to limit NVE's minutes until later in the season.
    Knowing CIA Pop's penchant for misdirection and oblique methods of motivation, these comments may be calculated to put pressure on NVE to step up if he's gonna be the 2nd PG.

Either way, like Pop says, it's an enviable position to be in. Why bother making trades when you can enjoy at least one season with a dynomite lineup.

Thread Information