Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was already posted in the Offseason Thread, but it got buried there, and I thought it was significant enough to warrant a thread of its own.

Would Andre Iguodala consider leaving the Golden State Warriors? ESPN's Chris Haynes reports that the open market poses a serious threat of stealing the 33-year-old veteran from the defending champs come July 1. The Minnesota Timberwolves, San Antonio Spurs, LA Clippers, Philadelphia 76ers, Orlando Magic, Brooklyn Nets and Utah Jazz are among the teams that are interested in the 2015 Finals MVP, sources tell ESPN.
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...ws-buzz-rumors

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weaken a rival, drive up his price.

Still lol at his Finals MVP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ESPN's Marc Stein first reported that the Spurs are attempting to create salary-cap flexibility to pursue Chris Paul this summer, and a combo acquisition of the Clippers' All-Star point guard and Iguodala has been discussed internally, sources say. The Spurs have made LaMarcus Aldridge and Danny Green available for trades, according to sources.
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...lden-state-war

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do not want. Hope he signs w/ the Nets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rather have simmons

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Takin' away their x-factor? Maybe. Dubs have some young athletic talent in reserve though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope he leaves the Dubs, but not for SA, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    jefferson jr

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jefferson III, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the most interesting about what's reported is that executives across the league agreed they should pluck away the role players from GSW...

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy Gay anyone?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd love to have Iguodala, but him going to the Spurs doesn't make much sense. You don't leave a team like the Warriors, and if you do, you do it for a boatload of cash. The only team that would offer him ridiculous money would be the 76ers to have him mentor their young allstar talent.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the most interesting about what's reported is that executives across the league agreed they should pluck away the role players from GSW...
    Shaun Livingston would be a huge loss if he can be lured away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd love to have Iguodala, but him going to the Spurs doesn't make much sense. You don't leave a team like the Warriors, and if you do, you do it for a boatload of cash. The only team that would offer him ridiculous money would be the 76ers to have him mentor their young allstar talent.
    Yup. I really hope some bottom-dwelling Eastern conference team like Philadelphia offers him a max contract just so he leaves Golden State.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaun Livingston would be a huge loss if he can be lured away.
    Now Livingston is the guy that's attainable. I don't think he has ever had a big contract and as great as it must be to play for the Warriors team, he's too good to be playing only 18 minutes a night. I think Golden State is going to have a really hard time bringing him back because they can't afford to pay him what he's worth nor play him the minutes he's worth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's great news tbh. I like to hear about a swell of saltiness brewing among rival gm's and thoughts of weakening the deathstar

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prelude to finally trading Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now Livingston is the guy that's attainable. I don't think he has ever had a big contract and as great as it must be to play for the Warriors team, he's too good to be playing only 18 minutes a night. I think Golden State is going to have a really hard time bringing him back because they can't afford to pay him what he's worth nor play him the minutes he's worth.
    True. His true value is above that of mills. He deserves a payday imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rather have simmons
    +1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why sign him when we have MVBlossomgame?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. I really hope some bottom-dwelling Eastern conference team like Philadelphia offers him a max contract just so he leaves Golden State.
    Philly has to add somewhere in the neighborhood of $50 million to their payroll this summer to hit the salary floor, so I imagine they'll offer Iguodala something in the range of 2 years, $45 million. It's enough to get their man to help teach their A+ talent how to win in this league without being something that's going to handcuff their future. I gotta say, I think Philly is going to be such an interesting team to watch next season. Hinkie really put them in a great position.

Too bad Golden State will probably be able to afford Livingston if Iguodala walks.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he had preferred low minutes after his horrific injury and coming back from it clearly hampered. He's stronger now; so, maybe he wants more now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he had preferred low minutes after his horrific injury and coming back from it clearly hampered. He's stronger now; so, maybe he wants more now.
    He was playing more minutes in Brooklyn back when he was the best player on their last playoff team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doubtful

Thread Information