Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Barnes in Dallas' long term plans? I want him on the Spurs, tbh.
    Why not just sign carmelo?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why not just sign carmelo?
    Texas_Ranger is a Doncic fan from Slovenia.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barnes - 14.8 FGAs, 43.2 FG%, 42.8 3PT%
    Donutcic - 14.6 FGAs, 43.6 FG%, 37.4 3PT%

But Barnes is such a cancer compared to my pefect Slovenian hero.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    how is he getting crazily overhyped

just because ayton isnt getting as much attention doesnt mean lukas getting overhyped as opposed to ayton simply being underappreciated
    It’s also pretty clear why Ayton isn’t getting attention, his team sucks. If he was the rookie who was making a bottom 5 team from last year a playoff contender he’d be getting the attention. Kevin Durant was megahyped pre draft but he got almost no attention his rookie year because his team sucked.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count

pretty neat comparison tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah that’s re ed, it’s pretty dumb to dispute the fact Doncic is exceeding even the highest expectations people had for him.
    I don't know about that..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not anti-Doncic, but there's literally no argument against him being overhyped

He's the most hyped rookie in a LONG time..having a great season, no lie, but I'd say he's being overhyped when people are asking whether he's having the greatest rookie season ever(he probably isn't even in the top 10 off the top of my head)..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not anti-Doncic, but there's literally no argument against him being overhyped

He's the most hyped rookie in a LONG time..having a great season, no lie, but I'd say he's being overhyped when people are asking whether he's having the greatest rookie season ever(he probably isn't even in the top 10 off the top of my head)..
    But to answer the OP's question, probably Luka Donutcic. I've never seen the media try so hard to lump a player in with all-time greats with dumb stats like "the only player alongside LBJ to have a 20/8/7 game at 19 years and 243 days". Or how about his latest "almost" stat? Almost became the youngest player to record a triple double. Maybe he'll be the youngest to almost make the playoffs too.
    Seriously, he's much closer to Tyreke Evans (ROY, 20-5-5 rookie year) than he is to LeGOAT.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t see the hype for Doncic being that different from the Ben Simmons hype last year, and that dude literally can’t shoot KAT and Porzingod both got crazy amounts of rookie hype too.

The media is sick of writing about the Warriors, they’re looking for anything else to distract them, and Luka’s their guy at the moment.
    Porzingis, yes, but that's because he plays for the Knicks..any player from NY or LA gets that type of treatment..Doncic gets more hype than those other guys you named got IMO, especially on social media..

There are 2 reasons for it IMO:

1- Everything is exaggerated in the social media era, whether it's good or bad

2- A LOT of big basketball media was in on Doncic before he joined the NBA, so there's been a lot of "I told you so" about him

I don't think there's anything wrong with his hype and I disagree with Fkla about him being nothing special(he's been legitimately elite for a rookie), but I can see what that Suns poster was referring to IMO..

However, Ayton's lack of hype has little to do with Doncic..the Suns are a complete embarrassment, it's tough to find anything positive about them, I think it's as simple as that..

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    However, Ayton's lack of hype has little to do with Doncic..the Suns are a complete embarrassment, it's tough to find anything positive about them, I think it's as simple as that..
    I don’t really understand why the Suns are so bad. Devin Booker, TJ Warren and Deandre Ayton should be enough to be a compe ive team. Sarver is just such a toxic owner and he’s treated so many good coaches like that no one wants to work for him anymore.

If they still had Gentry or Hornacek as their coach I think they’d be contending for a playoff spot.

Veteran
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I don’t really understand why the Suns are so bad. Devin Booker, TJ Warren and Deandre Ayton should be enough to be a compe ive team. Sarver is just such a toxic owner and he’s treated so many good coaches like that no one wants to work for him anymore.

If they still had Gentry or Hornacek as their coach I think they’d be contending for a playoff spot.
    It is definitely Sarver. But it's not just coaching. He can't/won't hire experienced GMs either. We literally have zero point guards on our roster. We have two rookie combo guards and a veteran combo guard (Jamal Crawford). That's it. We have nobody who can actually make plays and distribute the basketball. We can't even make entry passes to Ayton or find him on pick-and-rolls. If he had a point guard like Nash he would probably be averaging 25 points as a rookie.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    It is definitely Sarver. But it's not just coaching. He can't/won't hire experienced GMs either. We literally have zero point guards on our roster. We have two rookie combo guards and a veteran combo guard (Jamal Crawford). That's it. We have nobody who can actually make plays and distribute the basketball. We can't even make entry passes to Ayton or find him on pick-and-rolls. If he had a point guard like Nash he would probably be averaging 25 points as a rookie.
    No experienced GM wants to work for him, he’s got such a bad reputation as an owner who likes to meddle and force the GM to do stupid . It’s beyond the point of no return too imo, he’s done damage that can only be reversed with a new owner.

And what you said is why Ayton is so impression imo. He’s putting up 17 and 11 on a complete cluster of a team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Its clear you dont watch games where its obvious who's a better player between those two. So just continue with your Doncic hate and look like a re .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its clear you dont watch games where its obvious who's a better player between those two. So just continue with your Doncic hate and look like a re .
    Who said Barnes is better? Him not being as good as Donutcic doesn't mean he's a cancer or that he has no business taking a crucial shot. I do think Barnes is better at getting off his own shot. He has his fadeaway in the post which he can basically get off whenever he wants. Anything off the dribble should be Donutcic all the way.

They're different types of players that can both be effective in their own way. You're just a Slovenian homer that wants to see Donutcic be the hero at all times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who said Barnes is better? Him not being as good as Donutcic doesn't mean he's a cancer or that he has no business taking a crucial shot. I do think Barnes is better at getting off his own shot. He has his fadeaway in the post which he can basically get off whenever he wants. Anything off the dribble should be Donutcic all the way.

They're different types of players that can both be effective in their own way. You're just a Slovenian homer that wants to see Donutcic be the hero at all times.
    of course I want Doncic to succed, but if he wasn't their best player I wouldn't want him to take the most important shots. Just as I didn't want Nesterovic to take clutch shots when he was a Spur. It doesn't make a difference if he's from Slovenia or not. Luka also has the best % in the NBA in the clutch situations, so yea I do want him to get the ball when the game is on the line.

Don't get me wrong I don't think Barnes sucks, but he is selfish. He makes a lot of stupid plays and sometimes tries way too much. I also wouldn't mind him be a Spur, cause Pop would probably make him more team oriented and the Spurs do need a SF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doncic is the most unathletic euro Ive seen in a very long time. Crazy how hes better than all of them.

I mean you look at guys like Hezonja, Krucus, etc. Every euro looks more athletic than him but hes somewhat better.

Marc Cuban is gon a sign Vuc and the Dallas mavs will become Americas darling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not sure if dude is overhyped but I sure would love to see in a Spurs jersey...

hey mavs fans let's trade your doncic for our all nba defense Murray dude !

SFs are so silly sometimes I swear

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Matador..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    doncic has on my luka de colo take. i've said it before, i didnt think he'd be anywhere near this effective, especially this early.

FkLA, you don't need to go down with the ship, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His nickname was the wonderboy for like 3 years. Matador sounds like and most people dont like it.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Cuban is such a tool he trademarked “the matador” and is gonna force Luka to be called that. The tiest nickname possible and of course Cuban loves it. I really wish he got Sterling’d.
    Embarrassing, tbh ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    doncic has on my luka de colo take. i've said it before, i didnt think he'd be anywhere near this effective, especially this early.

FkLA, you don't need to go down with the ship, tbh
    My FkLA isn't DMC stubborn. If he has to change his tune about Doncic he will do it. Too early to do that though. Doncin can still not have the development everyone is expecting and FkLA will have bragging rights for eternity like he had with the Boris > Lee thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My FkLA isn't DMC stubborn. If he has to change his tune about Doncic he will do it. Too early to do that though. Doncin can still not have the development everyone is expecting and FkLA will have bragging rights for eternity like he had with the Boris > Lee thread.
    if doncic doesn't develop at all and plays at this level his entire career (he's still 19) that would still be a success tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if doncic doesn't develop at all and plays at this level his entire career (he's still 19) that would still be a success tbh
    Nah. He's suppossed to be a future star of the league. He's playing really well for a rookie but nowhere close to the type of player most folks hyping him think he will become.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah. He's suppossed to be a future star of the league. He's playing really well for a rookie but nowhere close to the type of player most folks hyping him think he will become.
    well yeah if he doesnt develop, he wont reach his potential people are expecting. that goes without saying.

what i'm saying is if he plays at this level for his whole career and is a 20-6-6 guy with clutch shooting, then thats still a very good career typically worthy of a #3 overall pick.

Thread Information