They ranked the spurs higher than the bucks, raptors and warriors?lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nba.com

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It actually makes sense. Power rankings are not necessarily indicative of standings. Spurs have been the best team in December pretty much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

they are reliable source and they are always right on picking the mvp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just look at who's No.1 . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just look at who's No.1 . . .
    Denver are playing well right now

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    impressive also considering the Spurs almost beat the top team twice, winning the first game and barely losing the second literally due to choking at the FT line.

what's surprising is somehow the spurs managed to have the best offense AND defense for the last month, while playing a host of decent/quality opponents. hope they can keep it up, really making a lot of people here and national pundits eat crow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Denver are playing well right now
    This seems like a who's hottest poll . . .

GSW will very, very likely win the le and they're No. 8 in this poll.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    This seems like a who's hottest poll . . .

GSW will very, very likely win the le and they're No. 8 in this poll.
    yes, have you never heard of power rankings before? its a rank of how teams are playing week by week. GSW likely will win the le but for the first time in years they are looking very vulnerable and have been losing a lot of games relative to seasons past, so of course theyre a lot lower than usual. and while i do think they are the favorites, its not a given. Donkey / klay look like average role players this year and they're 1 curry injury away from getting knocked out in the western playoffs. nothing is a given

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, who's better? I'd take them in a 7 game series over anyone but the Dubs tbh. I mean come on, are we really taking teams like the Nuggets and Clippers seriously? I'm not.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    I mean, who's better? I'd take them in a 7 game series over anyone but the Dubs tbh. I mean come on, are we really taking teams like the Nuggets and Clippers seriously? I'm not.
    Nuggets, at full strength, yes. Jokic is the real deal, and they have a lot of depth/shooting and their defense has improved this year. while spurs did almost beat them in consecutive games, they were also missing Harris, Barton, Millsap, and probably some others im forgetting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It actually makes sense. Power rankings are not necessarily indicative of standings. Spurs have been the best team in December pretty much.
    Yep. The rankings attempt to emphasize recent performance, and it's hard to argue against the version of the Spurs from the last month. Jekyll and Hyde level stuff...it's been a crazy season so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clippers are gonna fall off at some point. All it'll take is a 3 game slide.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they note that in the last month, the spurs have the #1 offensive rating and #1 defensive rating

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nuggets, at full strength, yes. Jokic is the real deal, and they have a lot of depth/shooting and their defense has improved this year. while spurs did almost beat them in consecutive games, they were also missing Harris, Barton, Millsap, and probably some others im forgetting
    For sure, but the playoffs are a different animal. I'm sure they'll be great in the future but I don't see them as a legit threat this season. They didn't even make the playoffs last season, or a couple of seasons past iirc. , even the warriors took awhile until their rookies started clicking together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the spurs continue to win and beat the thunder twice in this upcoming back to back, I expect them to be the number 1 next week.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clippers are gonna fall off at some point. All it'll take is a 3 game slide.
    That's what I'm saying. Early season record padding in my opinion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Celtics, Raptors, Bucks and Rockets could go either way imo (in the West only Rockets)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs keep this up, only the Rockets and Golden State worry me. Denver doesn't quite make sense to me and the Spurs already play them well. Pop has always had the blueprint to beat the Warriors, but not the (healthy) players. The Rockets are a complete crapshoot. If the refs call bull fouls, they're impossible to beat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They moved up during a period when they played 11 of 15 games at home. They play 15 of their next 22 games on the road, this will be the true test of this team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Celtics, Raptors, Bucks and Rockets could go either way imo (in the West only Rockets)
    taking east teams seriously. The celtics couldn't even get past a 1 man lebron team even with home field advantage. I might take the raps seriously with Kawhi but even then I'd be hesitant tbh. I mean people don't realize how superior western conference basketball is to the east. It's like comparing the nba to college basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They moved up during a period when they played 11 of 15 games at home. They play 15 of their next 22 games on the road, this will be the true test of this team.
    That's a good point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That and the RRT

Thread Information