Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy is injured every other week seems like. In about 3 years or so when he starts to loose a step... what you all think??

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree that guys like Dwight, Dwayne Wade, Melo etc. who have had a lot of nagging injuries in their 20s broke down pretty quickly by the time they hit 30. If I had to put my money on it I would say Davis will follow a similar path, but one thing he has that the other don’t is both size AND skill so he may be slightly more useful than these guys into his mid 30’s. Dwight had size but no skill so once he couldn’t outjump everyone he became average. Wade was always slightly undersized and never had a great jump shot to compensate any drop of in athleticism. Melo was always a cancer but he lost a lot of his explosiveness once he turned 30.

AD still has a jump shot and size but a big part of his game is athleticism so I think he tails off once he’s 30. Doesn’t really have strength to go into the post either like a Duncan. I think AD follows the KG career trajectory but three years earlier. KG won the 08 championship at age 32 then basically began a pretty quick downward trend. I think Davis hits 30 which is still 4.5 years away then starts that kind of trend.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is much more skilled, so he should be fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem is there has never been a worse time to be a classic center in the NBA. The position has almost been erased from the league. in order to match a 40% 3-point shooter, he has to hit 60% of his shots cause he is a zero % threat from three. Also, he is a great shot blocker which might mean something if anyone drove to the hoop anymore, but everyone is busy shooting the three. Davis will cost enormous amounts of money, but his net effect in today's NBA is no greater than a good three point shooter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dwight achieved much more in Orlando than Davis in NOLA, before running away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pathetic east, just ask lebron how his faring out west now...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pathetic east, just ask lebron how his faring out west now...
    True

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem is there has never been a worse time to be a classic center in the NBA. The position has almost been erased from the league. in order to match a 40% 3-point shooter, he has to hit 60% of his shots cause he is a zero % threat from three. Also, he is a great shot blocker which might mean something if anyone drove to the hoop anymore, but everyone is busy shooting the three. Davis will cost enormous amounts of money, but his net effect in today's NBA is no greater than a good three point shooter.
    AD is not a center

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had a team, much more than AD. Also, Pels seem to have a load of bad luck injurywise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While true (Dwight should have won the league MVP in 2008) AD is a far better, more skilled player than Dwight was when he left Orlando.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AD is not a center
    Why not? Is this the new "Horford is a 4 not a 5"?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had a team, much more than AD. Also, Pels seem to have a load of bad luck injurywise.
    Hedo? Jameer Nelson? Rashard Lewis? gmafb

Dwight played great with 4 shooters around him and they made it work, but individually you could argue he's never had a teammate as good as Jrue. Dwight's career has nosedived and he's a ty person by all accounts but he was pretty damn good back then and has done more than Davis ever has.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hedo? Jameer Nelson? Rashard Lewis? gmafb

Dwight played great with 4 shooters around him and they made it work, but individually you could argue he's never had a teammate as good as Jrue. Dwight's career has nosedived and he's a ty person by all accounts but he was pretty damn good back then and has done more than Davis ever has.
    Hedo? Jameer Nelson? Rashard Lewis? EXACTLY

You may not remember, the starting 5 were a powerhouse. Pull up something on youtube maybe, you'll realize how good was that team. Jameer was injured and playing him too soon when he got back probably costed Orlando dearly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why not? Is this the new "Horford is a 4 not a 5"?
    So AD is playing center? OK, whatever

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hedo? Jameer Nelson? Rashard Lewis? EXACTLY

You may not remember, the starting 5 were a powerhouse. Pull up something on youtube maybe, you'll realize how good was that team. Jameer was injured and playing him too soon when he got back probably costed Orlando dearly.
    If I'm not mistaken, wasn't Jameer Nelson an All-Star selection one year?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I'm not mistaken, wasn't Jameer Nelson an All-Star selection one year?
    As the back up selection to the back up selection lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s the most overrated player in the NBA. Empty Stats career loser

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    da this clown keeps on gettin free passes for his failures?? new era kg?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch Anthony Davis come down w/ the mysterious butt injury..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Davis Howard?
    Maybe. / thread

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There are some real problems with that:

The only way a team shoots 40% from 3P is if they are selective about taking only open looks. That's why the Spurs have the highest 3P%, and the fewest 3P attempts. The team shooting the most 3P shots (Houston), is only making 34.8% of them.

You understand that Effective FG% (EFG%) takes into account that 3's count more than 2P shots, right? Nearly everyone on GSW (except Steph and Klay) has a higher 2P% than EFG%. That means they make more points per 2P shot taken than they make per 3P shot taken. The reason GS is so good hard to beat is because they shoot 55% from 2P as a team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jermaine O'Neal was better.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well Dell Demps is gone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demps fired.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prime Dwight Howard is one of the most underrated players in NBA history, tbh..I still don't know how he anchored a #1 defense with the pieces he had around him at the time..

Thread Information