Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is my first thread and i wouldn't even do this one but i didn't see anything written about it. According to a European source Spurs are strongly considering him to take Mesina's vacant place.
    He's probably the most succesful Real Madrid coach ever, he's methodical, he's not Obradovic lvl but he's very close to it. I'm all for it, bring him on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that would be a great addition. I actually like to have some new blood on the coaching staff, thought it was neccessary

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With all his Political and SJW bombastic posturing over the last two years

If he does appoint a CISGENDER white Male over Becky

HE SHOULD BE CALLED OUT OVER IT

I'm not a Becky Fan..... don't get the hype
    save the patriarchy, bro.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's very accomplished, it would be great if they could get him to be an assistant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry but, never heardofhim. As RC said, this will be Pop's decision, his area of expertise, since he is the one who will be working with the coaching staff. And I'm sure questions will be raised, would this be unfair to Becky? Or is she ready to assume the role as a legitimate lead assistant coach in the NBA, and on the Spurs? Sounds like this guy may have the experience and credentials and all, but for one, could it be possible that this guy could be taking over for Messina and would it be fair for Becky, who is familiar with this team's ins and outs, as well as the culture, to be over looked for the lead assistant? Time will tell.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice tip, no need to apologize for posting original info.

The precedent for this hire satisfying the diversity clause was set with Beto's campaign. Hispanic sounding name counts as Hispanic.

I'll be honest I got a bit lost, and the kids seemed to be too:

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

People want her to take over for Pop when he retires. If that ever happens you can forget about having any Alfa players on this team. No Alfa players are going to sign as a free agent or want to stay on the team. I wouldn't be surprised if that's one of the reasons why Leonard wanted out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People want her to take over for Pop when he retires. If that ever happens you can forget about having any Alfa players on this team. No Alfa players are going to sign as a free agent or want to stay on the team. I wouldn't be surprised if that's one of the reasons why Leonard wanted out.
    Your spell checker is giving you too much help.

About Becky, well, it's true that all the publicity would be a burden to a franchise that relishes its obscurity and thrives on its media irrelevance.

Then, I see we have the latest in the Leonard Saga. It was the prospect of Becky that made him flee, because Kawhi thinks girls have cooties. I'm glad we've found the ultimate answer to that, at last.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The stealth Spurs stuff is a combination of Tim Duncan's preferences, the league's lack of interest in San Antonio. Post Duncan we can afford to be more promotional. Alpha prospects aren't coming here and I can't see Becky get less respect than say Vinny del negro or Luke Walton.

The only thing that makes this weird it's that any established coach will likely be a temp unless the Spurs want a euro to succeed pop, vs just hiring udoka back or what not. Could make sense. Messina obv wanted to be a NBA coach but failed, I don't think an ambitious coach is coming without an explicit promise to be hc in 2021.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your spell checker is giving you too much help.

About Becky, well, it's true that all the publicity would be a burden to a franchise that relishes its obscurity and thrives on its media irrelevance.

Then, I see we have the latest in the Leonard Saga. It was the prospect of Becky that made him flee, because Kawhi thinks girls have cooties. I'm glad we've found the ultimate answer to that, at last.
    You're definitely a sissy that likes to be dominated by women.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I’m consulting with Greenpeace, PETA, Moveon.org, MSNBC and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez about Messina‘s replacement at this very moment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're definitely a sissy that likes to be dominated by women.
    That all depends on what they're wearing. Or not wearing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

She's a female...that's the hype...gotta sjw and stuff, who cares about putting the best team on the floor...she deserves it..lol... Udoka and Messina probably left because the writing was on the wall about her taking over for cuckovich...it's sad the Holt's let him run with all the sjw bull ..all of them should keep politics out of sports..no one gives a what you think about "global warming" or immigration..etc....professional sports is not your platform to spread your political opinions and misinformation...people tune in to watch sports to get away from all the day to day bull ...no wonder we never sign any big free agents.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She's a female...that's the hype...gotta sjw and stuff, who cares about putting the best team on the floor...she deserves it..lol... Udoka and Messina probably left because the writing was on the wall about her taking over for cuckovich...
    This

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you know the world basketball scene, you remember that when Messina was hired he was basically Pop out of USA. He could command any job he wanted at the price he wanted. Still, he couldn't land a HC job in the NBA. Some mentioned (timvp here too) that his english isn't good enough. Have you ever heard Laso speak english?
    And Laso is nowhere near what was Messina 6 years ago on the worldwide coaching landscape. Seriously.

Why would he want to come over? To go back to Europe after a few years?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Laso is nowhere near what was Messina 6 years ago on the worldwide coaching landscape. Seriously.

Why would he want to come over? To go back to Europe after a few years?
    Eh, that's not exactly true, he's been coaching Real Madrid for 7 or 8 years , in which he has won the league 4 or 5 times, won the euroleague 2 times and has like 6 final four appearances. I'd say he's just about where Messina was, or pretty damn close.

He's proven everything there is in Spain and if his desire is to be an NBA coach then a couple of years under Pop could give him a great chance. Didn't work for Messina, but might work for Laso.

No idea about how great his english is but from a few interviews and from listening to him during timeouts, I'd say he's OK.
    Last edited by BG_Spurs_Fan; 06-23-2019 at 01:33 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That all depends on what they're wearing. Or not wearing.
    wearing or not wearing her strap on?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, that's not exactly true, he's been coaching Real Madrid for 7 or 8 years , in which he has won the league 4 or 5 times, won the euroleague 2 times and has like 6 final four appearances. I'd say he's just about where Messina was, or pretty damn close.

He's proven everything there is in Spain and if his desire is to be an NBA coach then a couple of years under Pop could give him a great chance. Didn't work for Messina, but might work for Laso.

No idea about how great his english is but from a few interviews and from listening to him during timeouts, I'd say he's OK.
    Laso is certainly an excellent coach, don't get me wrong. I like him a lot, actually. He's no Messina by no means, though. My point is a bit different, anyway: look at Scariolo, he actually coached the Spanish team with pleanty of high level NBA players, a couple All-Stars actually.
    Some may say he coached an NBA playoffs team, in that regard. The ''readiest'' for NBA among international coaches, then.
    Still, rumors are he is going back to Spain due to the limited space he is given in TOR.

Bottom line, no euro coach will be able to be a successful NBA HC. No NBA player will respect an international coach, it is a fact, like it or not.

So, no ambitious and top level euro coach will come to the NBA, unless he does it for a year or two just to have a look from inside. In that case, you don't want him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wearing or not wearing her strap on?
    I like hard hitting questions. Give this man a journalist badge and let him go to work!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She called plays and stuff when she was given the chance
    She deserves the hype

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not only did patfo run the best player in the game out of town, they ran off their top assistants too....enough of the sjw crap...get some basketball minded people back in control..these guys have run their course..thanks for 5 championships..time to pass the torch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ehh i dont get all these complaints about Pop regarding him being sjw or political or whatever. He toned it down this past year by a lot. Two years ago I would agree with you...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if he did tone it down in the past year, which maybe the case, he has already tainted the Spurs culture with all the sjw/ Trumps a racist/ bull he's already said....just look at the comments danny had on visiting the White House...he sounds like a 10 year old..pop needs to just worry about basketball or what's probably more the case, he's past his time...time for a younger mind that can carry the torch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know it's never gonna happen,but i always wanted Obradovic to take over the Spurs from Pop,so i can see US Media and fans as well completely shocked/disturbed as he is cursing at his players for a missed defensive assignment during a timeout.

Then i wanted Jasicevicius,as he is developing into the new Obradovic and he is also a great basketball mind regarding X's and O's.

Since those kind of coaches are not PC enough for the NBA,i'll be satisfied with Laso as an assistant.He is more mild tempered but he is a good coach.At least he is not a worthless ass kisser like Scariolo over at Toronto.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The stealth Spurs stuff is a combination of Tim Duncan's preferences, the league's lack of interest in San Antonio. Post Duncan we can afford to be more promotional. Alpha prospects aren't coming here and I can't see Becky get less respect than say Vinny del negro or Luke Walton.

The only thing that makes this weird it's that any established coach will likely be a temp unless the Spurs want a euro to succeed pop, vs just hiring udoka back or what not. Could make sense. Messina obv wanted to be a NBA coach but failed, I don't think an ambitious coach is coming without an explicit promise to be hc in 2021.
    Laso can come here see what its like for 1 or two years and get some other head coaching job, it doesn't have to be the Spurs job. Literally every Pop's assistant gets a call for an interview and i think thats enough for Laso to come here and make a name for himself.
    Eventually i think Becky will become the head coach but now Laso's resume is bigger and he's more established to be the lead assistant even if Becky is around here longer.

Thread Information