Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/grades-san...ember-18-2019/

tl;dr: DeRozan didn't let the Spurs die.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Belinelli was a +9? The ?

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I can assure you, it was not because he played good. he just happened to be on the floor while the others played realtively well.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should stop putting all blame on Beli however bad he plays.
    Every game we go out there and our starting five with no adjustments is down 15 or down 20 in the blink of an eye

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After this game I can't see any reasons of not playing Carroll except his fashion choices

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ferrari

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timvp
    Thank you for the grades. But based on no changes to the to both the starters and rotation. Popovich deserves a F.
    This team needs a shakeup, they need to open a roster spot, and send people to the bench. Murray should be eased in, not just by minutes but by coming off the bench. Forbes, is overwelmed as a starter, and move Derozan back to the guard spot. Start Carroll, and Metu on the front court with Aldridge. The washington game is the game to try something new.
    Also, have to find a taker for Belineli to open a roster. To play him while Lonnie sits or even weatherspoon, Keldon Johnson languish in the Gleague is a shame and waste of developing talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades.

The starting lineup has been outscored 404-355 in the 1st quarter this year but I mean there's not much to say at this point, just beating the dead horse. Everyone sees the glaring weaknesses on this team and Pop just decides to stand pat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And therein lies the problem with +/-.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I honestly believe Belinelli should be benched permanently. His 3 point shooting at 20% isn't that much better than Derozan's 0.00% and unlike Derozan he doesn't bring anything else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was at the game an I can honestly say this was up there with alot of bad heartbreaks. I hear all the talk of trading Demar Derozanban I sometimes agree. But to see him try to Will this team meant alot to me. LaMarcus crybaby Aldridge on the other hand. He disappears so much to be so big an good. I say trade him. I like Forbes too, bit he needs to be benched.arco needs to be traded to the Bulls or something. Carroll has to see the court even if Walker doesn't. I'm sure he knows our system playing under Coach Bud.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should stop putting all blame on Beli however bad he plays.
    Every game we go out there and our starting five with no adjustments is down 15 or down 20 in the blink of an eye
    Yeah, Bellineli is not the reason this team sucks. The starting lineup is trash, and it's been obvious for a while. Seeing pop play Carroll down the stretch was a welcome sight. Maybe it will continue?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop had deserved a grade of "F" for almost the entire season. Him playing Belinelli all season long is an automatic F.

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, Belinelli is not the problem, neither is DeRozan, Aldridge, or Mills. It's really Popovich and the front office for assembling a flawed roster. They "settled" with DeRozan who was not a fit-he is not a franchise player, didnt move Aldridge who is not a leader, traded away Bertans for nothing, drafted a Mulitoniv as he has sat in Europe. They are starting a point guard, coming off a major injury who cant shoot and is likely more of a 3 and D wing player than a point guard. They sign guys who dont play (Carroll), the list goes on, and on. Anyway can blame Kawhi and DeRozan but this game in the 4th quarter and the way Luca dominated anybody attempting to guard him, shows the Spurs are not built to compete for a championship this year..but rather....just to compete for a playoff spot. Which is great...if your the Knicks organization.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades. I am befuddled by the bad starts this team delivers again and again, Pop acknowledging the obvious and nothing changes. It's a recipe for disaster and we keep getting the same dish over and over. I think winning with this lineup would be the shocker and an anomaly. Maybe Washington and the Knicks, but Philly will be up by 15 in no time. I scoffed at people saying we'd win 40 or so games this season and thought we'd at least do as well as last year. Making the playoffs won't happen at this rate.

I do think we'll be close to .500 by 1/1/2020. Especially if there is a shakeup in the starting lineup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, Belinelli is not the problem, neither is DeRozan, Aldridge, or Mills. It's really Popovich and the front office for assembling a flawed roster. They "settled" with DeRozan who was not a fit-he is not a franchise player, didnt move Aldridge who is not a leader, traded away Bertans for nothing, drafted a Mulitoniv as he has sat in Europe. They are starting a point guard, coming off a major injury who cant shoot and is likely more of a 3 and D wing player than a point guard. They sign guys who dont play (Carroll), the list goes on, and on. Anyway can blame Kawhi and DeRozan but this game in the 4th quarter and the way Luca dominated anybody attempting to guard him, shows the Spurs are not built to compete for a championship this year..but rather....just to compete for a playoff spot. Which is great...if your the Knicks organization.
    Is this me talking?? This is bout the best way to put it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are one of the worst defensive teams in the NBA right now. So the amount of minutes that players get who for a variety of reasons won't be able to make a difference on that end of the floor is quite baffling to me. Sure, Murray and White were bad defensively in this game. But they have at least the ability to be better. Even during a rough spell like right now, the Spurs can still score enough points to win games - but they need to step up their defense considerably, otherwise, it won't happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Matt ing Bonner was the +/- King. Don't put too much stock in that stat

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Bellineli is not the reason this team sucks. The starting lineup is trash, and it's been obvious for a while. Seeing pop play Carroll down the stretch was a welcome sight. Maybe it will continue?
    Would be nice

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are one of the worst defensive teams in the NBA right now. So the amount of minutes that players get who for a variety of reasons won't be able to make a difference on that end of the floor is quite baffling to me. Sure, Murray and White were bad defensively in this game. But they have at least the ability to be better. Even during a rough spell like right now, the Spurs can still score enough points to win games - but they need to step up their defense considerably, otherwise, it won't happen.
    Its beyond baffling man. Pop used to be the defensive guru. Everyone knew that if you can't play D, you won't get minutes. And for whatever reason, little by little, non D players started getting high usage by Pop. Not saying everyone has to be an ALL NBA defender but at least an adequate defender with some length would help.

And sad thing is we have it on our team, they just don't seem to be utilized properly or at all. The defense will lead to the offense. I could care less how many 3's Murray takes as long as he's out there deflecting passes and making life miserable for the opposing teams PG. I wish we could get back to defense first, offense 2nd.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tanking for a top pick is a stupidity, doncic wont be an all sta... oh wait 42/11/12

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop had deserved a grade of "F" for almost the entire season. Him playing Belinelli all season long is an automatic F.
    This is not a way to be invited to the Sniffers Club parties.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timvp
    Thank you for the grades. But based on no changes to the to both the starters and rotation. Popovich deserves a F.
    This team needs a shakeup, they need to open a roster spot, and send people to the bench. Murray should be eased in, not just by minutes but by coming off the bench. Forbes, is overwelmed as a starter, and move Derozan back to the guard spot. Start Carroll, and Metu on the front court with Aldridge. The washington game is the game to try something new.
    Also, have to find a taker for Belineli to open a roster. To play him while Lonnie sits or even weatherspoon, Keldon Johnson languish in the Gleague is a shame and waste of developing talent.

Spot on. This guy is dropping truth bombs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spot on. This guy is dropping truth bombs
    We've been saying it for years.

This was a perfect time to rebuild, but I guess Pop and his sniffers truly believed that simply inserting a young PG who can't shoot and was coming off a knee injury would really propel this team to contender status in a conference that improved nearly from top to bottom.

Same logic that convinced some sniffers that simply replacing Kawhi's stats with DeChoker would solve everything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Going to be a long long long long season...

Thread Information