My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/grades-san...ember-25-2019/

tl;dr: Aldridge pretty good, Murray not so much.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a good game tbh. First time all season I kind of understood all Pop's decisions and rotations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would have been a bid idea to bury Murray even deeper.

Typo.

Thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would have been a bid idea to bury Murray even deeper.

Typo.

Thanks.
    Site owners going to own.

Thanks for fixing it

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for your work once again.
    I think that we should give grades based on the best version that the player showed us. It’s not correct to downgrade DeMar DeRozan because of his defense. He is not great at it and we all know it since he joined the league. He has been the most consistent player for us and most of the time he deserves a “B” at least.
    I agree with the other grades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the writeup. I didn’t get to see the game. The game at NBA League Pass was blocked in Los Angeles, and the local provider dropped the Lakers because they are charging too much. I don’t mind not seeing the Lakers, but I don’t see the games against the Spurs too. Sucks. It’s predictable. Spurs had the lead in the 1st two quarters, just to lose it in the 3rd. Looking at the stats, I like what I see in the score board with Aldridge, Demar. White could have pushed some more. I also like the assessment on Murray and White disappointing, mostly due to confidence. White should’ve started from day 1, having played well last year, called-up in the national team. His confidence was soaring, until Pop reminded him that he is NOT all that, somewhat. Wrong move Pop. The same with Murray, should’ve have worked his way back to get the starting gig instead of handing it to him, just to take it back. Pop is normally good at this, but seems he lost it. The same with playing Marco, and hopefully not starting Forbes. It seems like everybody already knows, but he’s on denial. Lonnie? Caroll? The list goes on. I don’t know if it’s the shortened Pre-Season. But the Spurs were not ready when that bell rang. Our horse was left kicking and galloping in the gate. I see changes, and I hope it’s not too late. Murray/White need the chance to play together. Stagger Demar/Aldridge playing together to spread touches and Demar helping with the 2nd unit. Avoid defensive liabilities playing Forbes/Mills/Beli together, instead more minutes to Caroll, Lonnie and even Keldon if possible. I hate to say it’s early in the season, but Spurs are in urgent mode to win ALL winnable games, no playing cute. I just hope it’s not too late and totally lose the confidence of these players. Let’s win the next game!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the writeup. I didn’t get to see the game. The game at NBA League Pass was blocked in Los Angeles, and the local provider dropped the Lakers because they are charging too much. I don’t mind not seeing the Lakers, but I don’t see the games against the Spurs too. Sucks. It’s predictable. Spurs had the lead in the 1st two quarters, just to lose it in the 3rd. Looking at the stats, I like what I see in the score board with Aldridge, Demar. White could have pushed some more. I also like the assessment on Murray and White disappointing, mostly due to confidence. White should’ve started from day 1, having played well last year, called-up in the national team. His confidence was soaring, until Pop reminded him that he is NOT all that, somewhat. Wrong move Pop. The same with Murray, should’ve have worked his way back to get the starting gig instead of handing it to him, just to take it back. Pop is normally good at this, but seems he lost it. The same with playing Marco, and hopefully not starting Forbes. It seems like everybody already knows, but he’s on denial. Lonnie? Caroll? The list goes on. I don’t know if it’s the shortened Pre-Season. But the Spurs were not ready when that bell rang. Our horse was left kicking and galloping in the gate. I see changes, and I hope it’s not too late. Murray/White need the chance to play together. Stagger Demar/Aldridge playing together to spread touches and Demar helping with the 2nd unit. Avoid defensive liabilities playing Forbes/Mills/Beli together, instead more minutes to Caroll, Lonnie and even Keldon if possible. I hate to say it’s early in the season, but Spurs are in urgent mode to win ALL winnable games, no playing cute. I just hope it’s not too late and totally lose the confidence of these players. Let’s win the next game!
    Watch the first half! It's probably the best compe ive basketball Spurs have played this year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch the first half! It's probably the best compe ive basketball Spurs have played this year
    Yet it seems that way, only to lose on the 3rd. Where we can insert defensive players to weather the comeback. Not last night, but I’ve seen Forbes/Mills/Beli during comebacks that probably we could’ve won

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet it seems that way, only to lose on the 3rd. Where we can insert defensive players to weather the comeback. Not last night, but I’ve seen Forbes/Mills/Beli during comebacks that probably we could’ve won
    Yeah it's true but last night Pop's moves kind of made sense, it's just LeBron decided to go for a vintage Lebron performance.
    It was a pure talent loss, not a coaching loss or effort loss which we saw plenty this season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah it's true but last night Pop's moves kind of made sense, it's just LeBron decided to go for a vintage Lebron performance.
    It was a pure talent loss, not a coaching loss or effort loss which we saw plenty this season
    Hopefully Spurs have made the turn. I’m glad to see DNP on Beli, but Forbes still has the 3rd highest mins played at 24, and Mills with 20, when Spurs could’ve used defensive stance. I applaud Forbes’ continue working on his game, but Pop should realize Forbes is always overmatched. Forbes is a defensive liability. And Demar trade baskets with 2pts against Lakers 3. Bad defense, not enough offense to overcome. No short on effort, but the outcome is predictable.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thought this was a great game to sneak away with. Watching all throughout, I just kinda had a feeling they would put it into 5th gear and finish it. I guess I haven’t completely adjusted to this season’s rendition of the Spurs yet. I thought overall, defense wasn’t too bad honestly. Even Derozan had some decent defense against Lebron. Man, I cannot wait for him to retire. I’m so Lebron’d out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully Spurs have made the turn. I’m glad to see DNP on Beli, but Forbes still has the 3rd highest mins played at 24, and Mills with 20, when Spurs could’ve used defensive stance. I applaud Forbes’ continue working on his game, but Pop should realize Forbes is always overmatched. Forbes is a defensive liability. And Demar trade baskets with 2pts against Lakers 3. Bad defense, not enough offense to overcome. No short on effort, but the outcome is predictable.
    Against the Lakers defense didn't really lose us the game. AD had a bad day but give credit to the defense too, it did a decent job after all. It is very improbable to win scoring 104 points at home, in today's NBA. Sadly, benching Forbes would have meant scoring 96 yesterday.
    Hopefully it was step further.
    Carroll playing instead of Belinelli was the plan from the beginning, hopefully it will work better than yesterday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades. I didn't watch this one and it may get spottier for me as the holidays come close and the Spurs are still in the same malaise.
    What I liked about your review was that you noted the lineup changes Pop made and referenced them so I can keep up with Pop's adjustments and how the team is currently doing, allowing me to catch up next time I watch them.

It's too bad that Dejounte has lost his confidence. As others have mentioned it might have been better overall to bring him from the bench to start the season anyways, since he was on a minutes restrictions and he could just work his way up. This is the reverse of that, as he should be able to play 30 minutes health-wise, but he can't because he's not playing well at all.
    As far as how he is taking it, with a team that is looking lottery bound in spite of having veterans proven in the league, it is expected that adjustments would be forthcoming anyways. He has to be tougher mentally and not let this bring him down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So current lineup:

White/ Dejounte/ Quinndary
    Forbes/ Mills/ Lonnie
    DeRozan/ Carroll/ Beli/ Keldon
    Aldridge/ Gay/ Lyles/ Samanic
    Poetl/ Aldridge/ Metu

-i think Quinndary was drafted in case DJ acts foolish as and needed to be kicked off the team
    -if rumors are true, DeRozan needs to be traded along with Forbes and Mills to get us a solid SG vet that can defend. Give Carroll the starting spot. Forbes and Mills arent the future. Lonnie isnt ready to start yet.

White/ DJ/ Quinndary
    Beal or McCollom or Wiggins/ Lonnie
    Carroll/ Keldon/ Beli
    Aldridge/ Gay/ Lyles/ Samanic
    Poetl/ Aldridge/ Metu

Thread Information