my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah Joe said 350 million because of the census

Idiot
    No, he said 350 million because thats the number he was given.

No you see I am asking YOU, why you think its funny. Because I think you are an absolute turnip for using the Census numbers if you know how the Census was such an f up under Trump.
    You are the one making the comparison to the Census by using ~ 331 million you dumb ass.

Good to see you got past the name calling after yet again attempting to misinform with your crappy stats.
    Assad the LION... good lord...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Numbers Start to Clarify

. The Israeli health ministry has been placing vaccine efficacy somewhere near 40% against infection – vastly lower than the original clinical trials and much lower than other current measurements.

A UK study in that went through May and was published in The New England Journal of Medicine on July 21st placed efficacy against the Delta variant at 88%, only slightly less than against the Alpha variant.

But yesterday
    another UK study was released by the Imperial College London which showed substantially reduced efficacy against infection –

though apparently not hospitalization and disease.

This study puts vaccine efficacy against all infection at 49% and

against symptomatic infection at 59%.

At the same time though

efficacy against hospitalization and disease still seems to remain robust, at close to the same levels as the original clinical trials.

That’s obviously great news if you’re main interest is not dying from COVID.

efficacy against infection seems to be decoupling from efficacy against hospitalization and death.

For now it simply seems more clear that efficacy against mild infections is significantly reduced against the Delta variant.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/the-numbers-start-to-come-into-view
    Good review of what I had seen.
    Lets hope we can actually get more people vaccinated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And youre making silly comparisons. Got it.
    how is it silly to weigh risks against benefits and other risks?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Contact tracing within small units (from work, school, etc...) with more vaccinations still makes getting back to normal maybe sometime mid fall possible.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Contact tracing within small units (from work, school, etc...) with more vaccinations still makes getting back to normal maybe sometime mid fall possible.
    America doesn't do contact tracing. we're broke and ing stupid

btw, I read that an San Antonio? school district notifies parents if had lice detected, but will not notify if covid-19 infection detected.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    America doesn't do contact tracing. we're broke and ing stupid

btw, I read that an San Antonio? school district notifies parents if had lice detected, but will not notify if covid-19 infection detected.
    "We" do.
    Its an honor system but it really helps.
    I also know there are some private schools my friends have kids in that keep a running board and they stayed open and full all of last year. It can be done on a small scale at work and schools by organizations willing. It wont be perfect, but it can clearly work.

Yeah thats definitely elementary, maybe into early middle school. I do not know which district that is but its not suprising as lice are very common in kids and that has been a long established practice. And it does embarrass parents. Its sort of associated with not washing hair and being dirty but those darn lice can hop really easily apparently from student to student. I remember being "searched" for lice in elementary school. I really liked it. The nurse took sort of chop stick looking sticks and moves over your scalp moving hair, it felt really good, i almost fell asleep.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    No, he said 350 million because thats the number he was given.

No you see I am asking YOU, why you think its funny. Because I think you are an absolute turnip for using the Census numbers if you know how the Census was such an f up under Trump.
    You are the one making the comparison to the Census by using ~ 331 million you dumb ass.

Good to see you got past the name calling after yet again attempting to misinform with your crappy stats.
    Assad the LION... good lord...
    Biden ed up and said 350 million Americans have been vaccinated when he should have said 350 million doses have been administered. You're flailing around looking stupid not actually knowing what Biden said and lecturing hater on the census count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im ok with a guy misspeaking and just mixing words here and there. as opposed to claiming you should guzzle clorox and that the virus will magically go away by easter 2020
    I'm not ok with either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how is it silly to weigh risks against benefits and other risks?
    You are weighing risks of vaccination vs "infection only"

Which is ing stupid

You need to weigh risks of vaccination vs risks of covid disease. Not infection. Everyone is getting infected vaxed or not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Which is ing stupid

You need to weigh risks of vaccination vs risks of covid disease. Not infection. Everyone is getting infected vaxed or not.
    I think we're on the same page.

By "infection," I meant COVID disease plus any sequelae to infection, such as long COVID, which can pop up after mild and asymptomatic cases.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden ed up and said 350 million Americans have been vaccinated when he should have said 350 million doses have been administered. You're flailing around looking stupid not actually knowing what Biden said and lecturing hater on the census count
    You are correct.
    Doses.

Easy mistake to make.
    But I admit it.
    You should try that some time when you get caught lying.

So I am doing something on ST one should NEVER EVER do.
    My bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not ok with either.
    Making a mistake and admitting it versus lying and never admitting it.
    No difference... okay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Making a mistake and admitting it versus lying and never admitting it.
    No difference... okay.
    Biden has made plenty of "mistakes" he's never owned up to like being the true racist in the oval office. Seriously can't fathom how anyone can back Biden and stand by him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course you are ok with old Joe thinking we vaxed more americans than we physically have

This is not surprising at all
    No, I’d be surprised if he actually thought that vs simply misspeaking.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Milwaukee Bucks fans celebrated the NBA championship outside. 500 still got covid, officials say.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...spreader-covid

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sturgis Motorcycle Rally revs up, drawing thousands and heightening delta superspreader fears

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...-superspreader

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden has made plenty of "mistakes" he's never owned up to like being the true racist in the oval office. Seriously can't fathom how anyone can back Biden and stand by him.
    My motto was anyone else is 2020.
    And it got done. There is no win, just getting rid of pure and simple rot.
    Sometimes thats all one can hope for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My motto was anyone else is 2020.
    And it got done. There is no win, just getting rid of pure and simple rot.
    Sometimes thats all one can hope for.
    It got done no doubt and was replaced with worse rot unfortunately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Which is ing stupid

Possibly.
    If you are away from humanity and or take extra special care to stay in a hole.
    Derp could go un infected.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It got done no doubt and was replaced with worse rot unfortunately.
    We will disagree on that forever.

And probably neither of us will understand why if it is the same as the relatives and some friends I have
    There is absolutely no comparison in the degree of lying and trying to become president for your self gratification.
    Trump has basically been quoted directly on this and not denying it in a new book. He said he just wanted the attention and that misinformation was the most beautiful thing in politics and he loved using it. He has accepted that as of right now. We will see if he changes his mind again and says he never said this because there are tapes where he says exactly this. I will wait for the book as it was trying to explain Trump and this whole lying phenomena that became so prominent. Ill read it for sure.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still thinking test and trace will contain the virus

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was scrolling up and didn't see the "onion" at first.

Wouldn't put it past him at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still thinking test and trace will contain the virus
    Yes in certain locals like private schools and businesses it has already worked once.
    It takes vaccination and tracing on a truthful and consistent level. It is much easier if people are held DIRECTLY accountable. IN small organizations this is absolutely doable. We can keep them at work and going to school without having to stay home or going in the hospital.

Some smaller private schools and businesses are going with masking again, contact tracing and Mandatory vaccinations. So we will see. I say it will work.

Thread Information