Page 471 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 3714214614674684694704714724734744754815215719711471 ... LastLast
Results 11,751 to 11,775 of 40782
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Just yours, fartface.
    Nope. You are a men’s britches

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Nope. You are a men’s britches
    Get your own , clammy. That's my .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    January 11, 2017

Anthony S. Fauci, MD, director of the National Ins ute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said

there is “no doubt”
    Donald J. Trump will be confronted with a surprise infectious disease outbreak during his presidency.

Fauci said the Trump administration will not only be challenged by ongoing global health threats such as influenza and HIV, but also a surprise disease outbreak.

“The history of the last 32 years that I have been the director of the NIAID will tell the next administration that

there is no doubt they will be faced with the challenges their predecessors were faced with,”

preventing disease pandemics often starts overseas and that

a proper response means collaboration between not only the U.S. and other countries, but also the public and private health sectors.

“We will definitely get surprised in the next few years,” he said.

Trump, has worried some infectious disease experts with controversial and sometimes unclear views on certain health issues.

Trump’s virtual silence about the Zika outbreak and harsh comments about American volunteers infected during the West African Ebola outbreak is

“not the kind of leadership we need in our next president.”

the question of his perspective on these issues has never been more dubious than it is with Donald Trump.”

the administration was forced to repurpose almost $600 million in federal funds set aside for the Ebola outbreak when

Republicans rejected Obama’s request for $1.9 billion to fund the nation’s Zika response.

preparing the U.S. for pandemics requires proper funding and starts by battling disease outbreaks overseas.

https://www.healio.com/infectious-di...sease-outbreak

Never Forget, that Trash recalled from China the US investigator of Chinese disease outbreaks, one of his many ups that prevented USA from containing or minimizing C19

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OAN

But....good info. The warm weather/UV light theory is looking promising, and I think we have enough "cir stantial" evidence judging from the outbreak profiles in Texas, Australia, Florida, California, etc to at least infer transmission will slow down to manageable levels over the Summer. My problem with OAN reporting this is that the rubes who follow that show of a station will take this information to mean that we "CAN OPEN RIGHT BACK UP. YEEEE HAW!" during the Summer. Nope. This means we'll just get a reprieve for 3 or 4 months, which we should devote to preparation for the incoming Fall/Winter wave. Sure, we can open up some, but we also need to be prepared to go back into hiding when cases start peaking again in the Fall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, it is.

"A clearer way of looking at death numbers, also courtesy of the excellent Our World in Data, is the daily trend of deaths per million. Here you get a good sense of the trajectories. All of the countries listed below, except Sweden, have full national lockdowns. And yet Sweden is roughly in the middle of the pack. This is quite remarkable in itself, when set against the dominant narrative that lockdowns are the only thing capable of ‘flattening’ these curves and preventing tragedies that are many times worse."

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/c...TA+NOR+SWE+GBR
    Keep checking that sweden curve. It is now about twice that of its neighbors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

... in april... after the outbreak is out of control. I would hope so.

Too bad this didn't happen in February.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep checking that sweden curve. It is now about twice that of its neighbors.
    Also change the graph from logarithmic to linear so you can really see how much Sweden is sucking compared to it's neighbors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sadly, the death toll is on pace to exceed 100K quite quickly. Death plateaus seem to last a good month, with a 20 percent variation either way throughout. We'll probably be around 100K by mid-May.

And sadlyX2, this won't convince "the base" of much anything. Expect these deflections:

"This is a New York/East Coast problem."

- Yeah, and we're trying to prevent that "problem" from becoming a national problem.

"How many died OF Covid as opposed to WITH?"

-- The base doesn't understand that Covid turns livable co-morbidities into acute life threatening situations.

"They're fudging the stats! They're labelling probable Covid deaths as actual Covid deaths!"

-- Who cares? The only data point you need to see if something serious is going on is comparing a state's typical number of deaths per day/week from all causes and see how that number has increased over the pandemic. In the case of New York State, they average about 400-500 deaths per day from all causes, from car accidents to falling off a ladder to heart attacks. They've averaged 500 Covid deaths per day over the last month. And what's different about New York now vs. last year? Hmmm. I wonder.

"This is just an old people problem. Let us back to work!"

- A big chunk of the workforce is over 50 years old. 50 isn't a senior citizen yet, but 50+ year old Americans have a rap sheet of co-morbidities as long as your arm. So it isn't just an "old people" problem.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Sadly, the death toll is on pace to exceed 100K quite quickly. Death plateaus seem to last a good month, with a 20 percent variation either way throughout. We'll probably be around 100K by mid-May.

And sadlyX2, this won't convince "the base" of much anything. Expect these deflections:

- Yeah, and we're trying to prevent that "problem" from becoming a national problem.

-- The base doesn't understand that Covid turns livable co-morbidities into acute life threatening situations.

"They're fudging the stats! They're labelling probable Covid deaths as actual Covid deaths!"

-- Who cares? The only data point you need to see if something serious is going on is comparing a state's typical number of deaths per day/week from all causes and see how that number has increased over the pandemic. In the case of New York State, they average about 400-500 deaths per day from all causes, from car accidents to falling off a ladder to heart attacks. They've averaged 500 Covid deaths per day over the last month. And what's different about New York now vs. last year? Hmmm. I wonder.

- A big chunk of the workforce is over 50 years old. 50 isn't a senior citizen yet, but 50+ year old Americans have a rap sheet of co-morbidities as long as your arm. So it isn't just an "old people" problem.
    Until we implement a 30 day hard lock down, OR, a medical "cure" is invented the death count will increase.

& nobody on either side is willing to lock down hard. Not even close. They want to eat their cake and have it too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Until we implement a 30 day hard lock down, OR, a medical "cure" is invented the death count will increase.

& nobody on either side is willing to lock down hard. Not even close. They want to eat their cake and have it too.
    Tough balancing act, Cub. I don't handwave the economy, either. But life>economy. And if we take care of our own, those supposed suicides, despair, ruin shouldn't happen. I personally think there's enough money out there to take care of everyone who needs it for a year, but "they" don't want to part with it. Need that extra Yacht or house in Paris.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    OAN

But....good info. The warm weather/UV light theory is looking promising, and I think we have enough "cir stantial" evidence judging from the outbreak profiles in Texas, Australia, Florida, California, etc to at least infer transmission will slow down to manageable levels over the Summer. My problem with OAN reporting this is that the rubes who follow that show of a station will take this information to mean that we "CAN OPEN RIGHT BACK UP. YEEEE HAW!" during the Summer. Nope. This means we'll just get a reprieve for 3 or 4 months, which we should devote to preparation for the incoming Fall/Winter wave. Sure, we can open up some, but we also need to be prepared to go back into hiding when cases start peaking again in the Fall.
    I posted the yahoo article earlier in the thread but OAN has the actual docs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone told him not to like OAN and here we are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our bootstrapped billionaires

Such amazing people who've earned every single penny with perfect moral and ethical behavior. If you want to tax them more, you hate success and are un-American.

https://www.businessinsider.com/new-...-the-us-2020-4

Hedge fund manager, too. So basically worthless. The fast food worker making min wage contributes more to society than this .

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    RandomGuy hardest hit
    *laughing in retired Florida Republican*

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I posted the yahoo article earlier in the thread but OAN has the actual docs.
    I'm not coming at you. Just expressing concern that the type of political slant who follows OAN (they're more right and conspiratorial than most who lean right) will spin that information to justify returning to normal full stop.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    I'm not coming at you. Just expressing concern that the type of political slant who follows OAN (they're more right and conspiratorial than most who lean right) will spin that information to justify returning to normal full stop.
    I didn’t think you were all good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RandomGuy hardest hit
    Hope it holds up with the open beaches.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OAN is further off the path than MSNBc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope it holds up with the open beaches.

Beaches are a safe place to be, so long as you aren't cluster ed together. Probably safer than the grocery store.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OAN is further off the path than MSNBc
    Which media outlets are "on the path"?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sadly, the death toll is on pace to exceed 100K quite quickly.
    Based on what? IMHE models keep getting revised downward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beaches are a safe place to be, so long as you aren't cluster ed together. Probably safer than the grocery store.
    They were certainly cluster ed before. Hopefully it's monitored better this time. Jacksonville was tonight in the clip I saw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RandomGuy hardest hit
    I'll do a hater. "Called it."

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=284293

Wrote that 3 weeks ago, feeling positive about how Texas, Cali, and Florida would fare due to pop density, warm weather, sunlight, or whatever. Many regions in that la ude band just aren't going crazy exponential. This doesn't mean we should let our guard down in these states, though. There's plenty of densely enough populated areas (LA, Houston, Miami) where a couple of super spreaders can make things bad in a hurry.

And this means nothing when Fall/Winter hit. But we have some windows of opportunity we need to take advantage of.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based on what? IMHE models keep getting revised downward.
    Those are all based on assumptions that never hold. I bet they also assumed beaches in Florida wouldn't open today.

Thread Information