Page 490 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 3904404804864874884894904914924934945005405909901490 ... LastLast
Results 12,226 to 12,250 of 40782
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this pandemic had occurred 20 years ago, I would have been financially ruined. I know this is happening to people right now and they are desperate.
    Yeah, it sucks. And it really is damned if you, damned if you don't. There's just no way to completely avoid economic turmoil. And people have been warning about pandemics for years, if not decades. We dodged a couple of bullets in the past (SARS-1, Bird Flu), but it was really only a matter of time. We got complacent. All of us. A pandemic wasn't on my list of personal concerns, either. They happened "in the past" or they "happen over there." I'm as guilty as anyone.

What we need is national rainy day fund of trillions and trillions, and a building up of our healthcare infrastructure to a level never before seen. This will not be the last pandemic threat, and I consider them more of a threat than anything military related. So I'm saying I want the same, if not more, focus on pandemic response than national defense going forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Temporary UBI. Would probably guarantee Trump's reelection as well.
    Most can't even get their money, since they didn't use auto deposit for tax refunds. I got a check right away, and I don't even need it. Currently looking for a good charity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Random low value comment per par

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most can't even get their money, since they didn't use auto deposit for tax refunds.
    That is fixed much more easily that the current testing failure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah $1000 a month per person for the next 4-5 months or until there is a treatment good enough to allow us to fully reopen the country (we're obviously not doing the testing + contact tracing method South Korea has successfully employed).
    Whatever happened with the Apple/Google project to track cases?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, it sucks. And it really is damned if you, damned if you don't. There's just no way to completely avoid economic turmoil. And people have been warning about pandemics for years, if not decades. We dodged a couple of bullets in the past (SARS-1, Bird Flu), but it was really only a matter of time. We got complacent. All of us. A pandemic wasn't on my list of personal concerns, either. They happened "in the past" or they "happen over there." I'm as guilty as anyone.

What we need is national rainy day fund of trillions and trillions, and a building up of our healthcare infrastructure to a level never before seen. This will not be the last pandemic threat, and I consider them more of a threat than anything military related. So I'm saying I want the same, if not more, focus on pandemic response than national defense going forward.
    I know what you mean. Pandemic was only on my list of concerns because I saw Bill Gates give a TED talk on them five years ago and then started reading about the 1918 Spanish Flu and how it devastated the world. Pretty fascinating to watch firsthand interviews from people who survived the pandemic. A few hard hit counties in Alabama I think published on youtube interviews with survivors a few years ago that were fascinating to listen to and how these little towns banded up and tried to care for their neighbors who couldn't leave the house or even their beds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Europe who is so protective of everyone’s privacy wants Apple to open up bluetooth to them so they can use their own api. Apple says sorry that’s not in our privacy playbook. Who knows what’s happening in the US, probably feds, states and every ACLU lawyer ever born is weighing in.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump’s Golf Company Pushes Dangerous Theory That Alcohol Will Cure The Coronavirus

In a video shared by Donald Trump’s golf company on Twitter, professional golfer and Trump supporter John Daly suggested alcohol will cure the coronavirus.

“I kinda got a cure for this, ya know.

I think you just take – I only drink one drink a day, it just happens to be a bottle of good old Belvedere,” the golfer said.

“That’s the way you kill this coronavirus, I believe.”

https://www.politicususa.com/2020/04/20/trump-golf-company-pushes-dangerous-theory-that-alcohol-will-cure-the-coronavirus.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium= feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+politicususa%2FfJAl+%28P oliticus+USA+%29

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Europe who is so protective of everyone’s privacy wants Apple to open up bluetooth to them so they can use their own api. Apple says sorry that’s not in our privacy playbook. Who knows what’s happening in the US, probably feds, states and every ACLU lawyer ever born is weighing in.
    Yeah, probably a big privacy issue. Plus, not enough testing for it to work anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, probably a big privacy issue. Plus, not enough testing for it to work anyway.
    Google and Apple will likely put together a pretty good infrastructure but they want the governments to create the api which will likely be the up point (see democratic voting app). Already some senators and reps are pissing and moaning about privacy, probably mostly because it will be anonymized, to the extent possible, and they won’t control the keys. Then you’ll have the conspiracy theorist to deal with. It’s intended to be voluntary but only effective to the extent of uptake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You lot are so focused on me it's amusing. Why do you care what I think?
    That's rich

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you know why some hospitals can potentially handle a surge right now? Yeah, that's how stay-at-home orders work. I don't know why people are under the impression that the plateau we're on (we're past the peak and are riding a plateau now) is the result of "just because." No, it's a in' result of our collective efforts to stay the home.
    I don't want anybody to die unnecessarily, but we're talking cult mentality here, tbh... at some point they're only going to get the memo once the body count goes high up enough. Pretty sad since we had the whole hoax thing like 2 months ago, and apparently some people have extremely short memory.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "This kind of oppression on our FREEDDUMBS has never happened before in Murrica! It's those EVIL Librul Gub'nors getting off on their power! Open up!
    yup... just general ignorance...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "We've never had our 1st amendment rights trampled like this! It's because of all the LIBRULS. I wish I could go back in time to a Murrica where they respected our rights!"
    But but, the founding fathers...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you really asking me if I'd prefer 500,000 dead and a Biden presidency vs 45,000 dead and Trump getting re-elected?
    Strange I never even implied that. Just odd that one remdesivir anecdote is "hopeful" but hundreds of hydroxychloroquine anecdotes are just anecdotes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Strange I never even implied that. Just odd that one remdesivir anecdote is "hopeful" but hundreds of hydroxychloroquine anecdotes are just anecdotes.
    All hopeful anecdotes. Pretending hydroxychloroquine worked for sure was your side's problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republican governor with the banderas.gif of the day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have been nothing but clear that I hope hydroxychloroquine works also. Just because I hate Trump doesn't mean I wouldn't love it if one of the drugs he's touting actually works and saves a ton of lives and pulls us out of this mess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like there are some details here:
    https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...-tracing-tech/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't want anybody to die unnecessarily, but we're talking cult mentality here, tbh... at some point they're only going to get the memo once the body count goes high up enough. Pretty sad since we had the whole hoax thing like 2 months ago, and apparently some people have extremely short memory.
    Never seen anything like the Cult of Trump in the US. Usually this populist, cult of personality is reserved for 3rd World dictatorships.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    those who self isolate with covit, theres a chance of it coming back, doesnt mean ur immune from getting it again...

thats whats happening in south korea atm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    those who self isolate with covit, theres a chance of it coming back, doesnt mean ur immune from getting it again...

thats whats happening in south korea atm
    we obviously dont know if there is immunity or if a vaccine will ever be found. We are going to see what happens a month after we open back up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some better data on asymptomatic/presymptomatic rate.

Good and bad. Good, because it guarantees a lower mortality rate. Bad, because that large of a percentage who don't know they have it can easily spread it to those vulnerable. If anything, the large proportion of asymptomatic carriers is more of a reason to social distance. Reason SARS-1 burned itself out quickly was because asymptomatic carriers weren't really that infectious and then could easily isolate when they got sick.

Thread Information