My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/grades-san...nuary-24-2020/

tl;dr: These Spurs can't stand prosperity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fortunately for the sniffers, I still see this team getting the 8th seed when the regular season ends.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Other than that gamble gone wrong, I don’t have many issues with how Pop coached the game"

Pop put Forbes as the main defender on Booker for most of the game. That was insanity and basically lost us this one. Don't understand why you don't mention it as it was a key decision in the game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes last few minutes were terrible. That travel and the failed box out. That's novice, highschool stuff.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fortunately for the sniffers, I still see this team getting the 8th seed when the regular season ends.
    I don’t, we have a rough road trip coming up and grizzlies are better than we are

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs have been by far the healthiest team in the west and yet are 4 games below .500 sitting at 9th place and 2nd to last in the west in road wins. This RRT is going to be the cherry on top, not a chance they get in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop played brynt 25 mins and our best rim protector gets 10 mins. Thats an auto F

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t, we have a rough road trip coming up and grizzlies are better than we are
    The Spurs have been by far the healthiest team in the west and yet are 4 games below .500 sitting at 9th place and 2nd to last in the west in road wins. This RRT is going to be the cherry on top, not a chance they get in.
    I hope so. This team starting Bryn Forbes and giving him major minutes shouldn't be rewarded a playoff spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks OP!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop C

Forbes gives up 33 points and clanks every crucial 3 pointer + travels on a 5-on-4 fast break before Patty hits the 3 that would've got them the lead: D+

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as Pop starts Forbes & plays him more mins over White and Walker, I hope we continue to lose. This insanity needs to end, period.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes should have been on Rubio and murray on Booker. Pop should have gotten an F for that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes should have been on Rubio and murray on Booker. Pop should have gotten an F for that.
    Exactly! 29 coaches out of 30 would do that, it’s such a no-brainer

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly! 29 coaches out of 30 would do that, it’s such a no-brainer

29 out of 30 coaches wouldn't have had Forbes starting.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    29 out of 30 coaches wouldn't have had Forbes starting.
    True but if they had to play him for some reason they wouldn’t put him on Booker.
    Kerr wouldn’t put Curry on Booker.
    Atlanta coach (whatshisname) wouldn’t put Trey Young on Booker.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True but if they had to play him for some reason they wouldn’t put him on Booker.
    Kerr wouldn’t put Curry on Booker.
    Atlanta coach (whatshisname) wouldn’t put Trey Young on Booker.

True what's weird is that when the starters were out Bryn was on booker(until the 4th of course) but when Derrick was in with Bryn it was Derrick that was guarding Booker. It's as if pop was trying to get Bryn to fail

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope so. This team starting Bryn Forbes and giving him major minutes shouldn't be rewarded a playoff spot.
    I think closing with Forbes is just as big of an eff up as starting him

Just wtf

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    C for Pop is way high. How could one guy beat Spurs at home when Spurs have 3 long athletic guard who can defend? Why insist on putting Forbes 74% of the time on Booker? Just awful strategy. Granted Forbes/Mills could have shot better, but in the past Spurs hung their hat on defense. 18-0 run at your own building? Forbes/Mills are not Curry/Thompson. Besides Thompson is a great defender. Wrong personnel to try to outscore your opponent with 3’s. But Spurs have 3 long athletic guards who can beat their defenders and center who can open lanes, not to mention Demar can score wilfully on anyone. Limit Forbes/Mills minutes to situational scoring and extend minutes to Lonnie. It’s more than half a season. Pop should’ve figured that out. At this point I don’t even blame Forbes because he is put in a situation to fail. He is just not athletic enough to defend, much less Booker. All blame on Pop.

Thread Information