Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya, there's really no reason the Spurs shouldn't be as good as OKC, tbh. It's not like that team is loaded with talent, not even close.
    You know how it is. In the regular season with a great PG and guys who try hard on defense you will win games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You gave him a D- in that game but that is not the first game it has happened and you have given him good grades for it in the past by pointing out a few positives.
    Link?

I think people imagine these supposed good grades I give Pop. I've given Pop like, what, two As all season? By reading all the " timvp why do you grade Pop so easily " comments, one would think he was actually getting Bs and higher every night.

His average on the season has to be lower than anyone not named Marco, tbh. And it might be lower than Marco.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine if Spoelstra was the HC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Belinelli with 0 points and 1 rebound in 16 minutes of playtime. Hey, at least it's an improvement over last game's 0 points and 0 rebounds in 19 minutes.
    Keldon coulda dun better!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder why Alexander sleep walked through this game. Hardly looked like he was trying. Lonnie’s D was good but SGA seemed to hardly try.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People still really going to carry we need to extend DeRozan if you want to be medicore water after these two games?

Well don't stop there. There are other teams in the league starting rookies, or giving them long minutes off the bench. Some of the rookies were no-brainers, but some of them are playing a lot better than most people expected. If they can survive the absence of DDR, why not start playing some guys who actually have a chance of improving?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder why Alexander sleep walked through this game. Hardly looked like he was trying. Lonnie’s D was good but SGA seemed to hardly try.
    Seems like he has a habit for coasting games here and there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know how it is. In the regular season with a great PG and guys who try hard on defense you will win games.
    Ya, you see it every year in the NBA, but there's really no reason the Spurs couldn't have been that team. If you removed the pylons in Forbes and Belinelli, you could have at least built a team with a workman's iden y(by surrounding Derozan/Aldridge with Murray, White, Poetl, for example, even at the cost of spacing).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie is a terror on defense.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Link?

I think people imagine these supposed good grades I give Pop. I've given Pop like, what, two As all season? By reading all the " timvp why do you grade Pop so easily " comments, one would think he was actually getting Bs and higher every night.

His average on the season has to be lower than anyone not named Marco, tbh. And it might be lower than Marco.
    I will admit I had to go back farther then I thought I would but here was against the Clippers with the A-. No I would not expect us to beat the clippers. https://www.spurstalk.com/grades-san...bruary-3-2020/

I personally could not see him getting above a C with Forbes starting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya, you see it every year in the NBA, but there's really no reason the Spurs couldn't have been that team. If you removed the pylons in Forbes and Belinelli, you could have at least built a team with a workman's iden y(by surrounding Derozan/Aldridge with Murray, White, Poetl, for example, even at the cost of spacing).
    Well yeah but the problem is Forbes/Mills/Beli/Rudy all exist

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie is a terror on defense.
    Yeah, but has he gotten over himself like Forbes?

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Link?

I try not to split hairs on grades. Just like every Top 20 All Time list in history, there's just never going to be total agreement. But I have to agree about Pop, to an extent. His refusal to use White/Murray, and over-dependence on Bryn are just unforgiveable coaching failures.

We had a discussion early in the season about how pop "always" tinkers with the rotations for the first half of the season, give or take. At the time, I think you were one of the ones saying that Pop's SL would change, but that he would eventually get it right. Pop has been more constant with his SL than I can remember in many years - and it clearly isn't working. And his closing lineup is worse.

Ultimately, Pop doesn't give a damn about our opinion. But, yeah, the one place I do consistently disagree with your grades is with Pop. I used to be one of those people who said that second-guessing a HOF coach is presumptuous. But this is not the HOF Pop, and his rotations are stagnant. And as long as he's closing with Bryn/Beli (especially when they're losing), I don't see how he gets a passing grade ever.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well yeah but the problem is Forbes/Mills/Beli/Rudy all exist
    Even great defensive teams have a couple of liabilities, especially on the bench, they could still have easily survived. Patty's offense has been worth it this season, anyways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team would be pretty good if Brent and Marco just didn't exist. So frustrating that the stubborn asshole just won't accept the obvious truth about his pets.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    I was hoping tonight was the night the Pelicans would pass the Spurs, but you guys won’t ing go away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean what's the fuxking harm in starting Murray-White just once to see what it looks like? Is the stubborn asshole worried that everyone will notice what a massive upgrade it is over having his Brent in there? As if we didn't already know.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was Forbes guarding Murray?...can't believe he had 25 pts....world ends

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Victory! Good game!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was hoping tonight was the night the Pelicans would pass the Spurs.
    So were we.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any win is great when the young guys on the team contribute this much. As for the whining concerning Timvp. What gives? I don’t know the guy from Adam, but without his heavy involvement the past couple of years this place sucked. I’m glad he’s back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean what's the fuxking harm in starting Murray-White just once to see what it looks like? Is the stubborn asshole worried that everyone will notice what a massive upgrade it is over having his Brent in there? As if we didn't already know.
    the reason he doesn't do it is because he would have to play Forbes off the bench paired with Mills. In his mind giving Forbes a DNP is not possible

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Billy Donovan was the coach of the Spurs at the start of training camp, they're probably looking at the 4th/5th seed right now. And I think Billy Donovan is an average coach at best
    Jim Boylen would get this roster to the playoffs tbh

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a fun game to watch. Tough defensive effort from the spurs who actually gave 4 full quarters.. Pop coached how most here envisioned and the team delivered for 4 full quarters. BRYN and Marco played less than the young 3 . Alll without Demar. What a tease of a game. Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Went to this game boys. As soon as I saw demar was out I knew we would win. And off course we win with out him stopping the ball and playing no defense. Addition by subtraction, it forces the young three to step up

Thread Information