Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1147
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am not triggered - just mulling how to adjust to a market that is not volatile (that's a big plus with Trump for me re: buying/selling) - and one that probably doesn't go up - at least, after the initial euphoria of Biden winning wears off and people realize that more taxes and regulation aren't good for business.
    Oh bull , you wanted to get into a fight with your family defending ing Donald Trump.

It was an emotional impulse because you've tied yourself to him and you'll do all the backflips and family fights necessary to nurture your one-sided relationship with a guy who will never give a about you.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not from a 99 lb. surburban, CNN-watching female - I'd win that one - physically or otherwise.
    ok tubby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    brags about having to be held back from getting into a fight with family defending Trump.

Claims to not be emotionally invested.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is not going to be more taxes dumbass, McConnell still controls the senate
    Oh, so you're saying Biden was lying when he said he's gonna make the rich and corporations pay their fair share and the Trump taxes will stay in place?

But Biden/Bernie executive orders/regulations - still bad for business.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Trump's policies were amazing for business this year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Trump's policies were amazing for business this year.
    One wonders whether you believe in the lockdowns or not - can't have it both ways, you know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, so you're saying Biden was lying when he said he's gonna make the rich and corporations pay their fair share and the Trump taxes will stay in place?

But Biden/Bernie executive orders/regulations - still bad for business.
    No, I'm saying Mitch McConnell is the senate majority leader you ing moron

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One wonders whether you believe in the lockdowns or not - can't have it both ways, you know.
    Lockdowns are necessary when the virus is allowed to spread uncontrolled and unmitigated to the point that hospitals reach capacity and accelerate deaths from all causes.

Trump's failure guaranteed that would happen.

It's still happening.

His fault.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bernie got a ton of mojado support in the primary. Massa Cylburn put an end to that though. I'm really ing tired of nominating national candidates based on what redstates that have no chance of voting D in the general want.
    Bernie would have lost old people by 450 million points. This idea you can hold all the other votes in place and just change one demo makes no sense. Whatever would have happened the map would have been completely different

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have I posted in this thread yet?

OP was 100% on the mark. Biden was the right guy for the right time. Bernie, Warren and any milquetoast candidate would be getting crushed right now.

Bernie wouldn't be flipping no Arizona...or Georgia....or even PA.

Trump got the rural vote out even more this time. Biden is also doing this good while losing support among latinos and even blacks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joe Biden was the right pick for the GOP tbh

Dems are so ed with a weak President Biden*, weak majority in the House, and Mitch running the Senate.

Honestly better outcome than I could have ever imagined

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sup bruh? Sucks we won't have the Senate but I knew Joe could bring us through
    A bit premature, tbh... if Biden can't nail AZ with the lead he currently holds, then it might be time to pile on Aaron, tbh
    You're learning

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're learning

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine being a boomer and acting like this smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sup bruh? Sucks we won't have the Senate but I knew Joe could bring us through

You're learning
    congrats. you called det

truly 'nother level

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmao Joe Biden the cream of the Democratic crop

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He and Trump are still within the margin of error of each other in most polls. A good candidate would be mopping the floor with Trump right now but Joe can barely keep his eyes open.

He was so ing stupid to commit to picking a woman as his VP. Cory Booker would be the no brainer VP pick right now if not for that.
    What polls have you been looking at? The spread is well outside the margin of error in the states that Hillary lost.

I disagree that this is coming down to Arizona. Winning that state would be like a bonus.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...iden-6861.html
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...iden-6761.html
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...iden-6849.html

Ok, 2 out of 3. But he still leads.

In turn here's Florida
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...iden-6841.html

So they are pretty interchangable. Biden seems to have a broader path to 270. Even if you deny him Wisconsin, etc.
    I think there’s more potential for funny business in Wisconsin given the corrupt state legislator and state Supreme Court. Same thing with Florida - in the last 2 elections Florida’s actual results have skewed more Republican than the polls did. You can bet DeSantis will do everything he can to make voting impossible in places like Broward County.

The most recent round of betting odds I looked at have Biden favored in Michigan and Pennsylvania, Arizona as a dead heat between them and Trump as the slight favorite in Wisconsin, Florida and North Carolina.

Keep in mind, when I say it’s coming down to Arizona, I think Trump is underestimating how much trouble he’s in down there. Mark Kelly is up 13 points on McSally, which means Biden probably has a 9 point edge at least imo. The demographic makeup of the state also hurts Trump, very small rural population and a lot of suburban Karens in Maricopa County who always voted Republican before Trump but find him to be repulsive.
    Will Hunting has come a long ways in 5 months.

We were killing each other on who was the right candidate. Reading early posts on this thread is hilarious.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Will Hunting has come a long ways in 5 months.

We were killing each other on who was the right candidate. Reading early posts on this thread is hilarious.
    I called dat on Arizona and Trump not knowing the trouble he was in there. Murmurs from his campaign are that he hated having to visit AZ and refused to do it more often.

Just note that Biden won with record turnout from youth voters, and he did it by embracing climate change reform and a $15.00 minimum wage. If he went the ultra centrist path and gave progressives a middle finger the way Hillary did, he would have lost. He was a great candidate because he threaded the needle on winning progressives over without losing moderates.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I called dat on Arizona and Trump not knowing the trouble he was in there. Murmurs from his campaign are that he hated having to visit AZ and refused to do it more often.

Just note that Biden won with record turnout from youth voters, and he did it by embracing climate change reform and a $15.00 minimum wage. If he went the ultra centrist path and gave progressives a middle finger the way Hillary did, he would have lost. He was a great candidate because he threaded the needle on winning progressives over without losing moderates.
    I voted for $15 here and it won. Probably the best way to do it is state by state since its not getting passed in the legislature nationally any time soon. It's a shame we don't have a big Senate advantage because I think Joe could have made a lot of you guys happy with some bold legislation. One thing I liked a lot about him which in hindsight has me very worried is he's not a big fan of how much power the president has and wasn't a big fan of executive orders but he better get to be a fan of them quick.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I voted for $15 here and it won. Probably the best way to do it is state by state since its not getting passed in the legislature nationally any time soon. It's a shame we don't have a big Senate advantage because I think Joe could have made a lot of you guys happy with some bold legislation. One thing I liked a lot about him which in hindsight has me very worried is he's not a big fan of how much power the president has and wasn't a big fan of executive orders but he better get to be a fan of them quick.
    We still have Queen Stacey in Georgia aiming for a Senate majority. A 50 seat majority is definitely not ideal but Manchin isn’t running again so it might be easy to get him to do bold . The other move is to offer Pat Toomey a really cushy cabinet spot since he’s already said he’s not running in 2022.

I agree that if Biden had a senate majority we would have seen a lot of bold legislation. The down ballot races struggled largely due to bad messaging and campaigning imo. Maybe Biden could have done more to campaign for them but it’s not his fault Cal Cunningham had to think with his in the middle of a senate race. The Schumer/Pelosi campaign strategy isn’t working.

The one Democrat I’ve ever seen McConnell have a soft spot for is Biden, but yeah Biden is going to need to go nuts with executive orders.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We still have Queen Stacey in Georgia aiming for a Senate majority. A 50 seat majority is definitely not ideal but Manchin isn’t running again so it might be easy to get him to do bold . The other move is to offer Pat Toomey a really cushy cabinet spot since he’s already said he’s not running in 2022.

I agree that if Biden had a senate majority we would have seen a lot of bold legislation. The down ballot races struggled largely due to bad messaging and campaigning imo. Maybe Biden could have done more to campaign for them but it’s not his fault Cal Cunningham had to think with his in the middle of a senate race. The Schumer/Pelosi campaign strategy isn’t working.

The one Democrat I’ve ever seen McConnell have a soft spot for is Biden, but yeah Biden is going to need to go nuts with executive orders.
    ing Cal Cunningham

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    ing Cal Cunningham
    Theresa Greenfield is the other one I had high hopes for and I donated a lot of money to her campaign. Turns out she didn’t start visiting any of the rural areas in Iowa until 2 weeks before the election which really pissed me off when I heard it. She was personable and a good candidate so not sure why she stayed in the basement and just relied on negative ads.

Susan Collins keeping her seat is the other gut punch that really hurts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Theresa Greenfield is the other one I had high hopes for and I donated a lot of money to her campaign. Turns out she didn’t start visiting any of the rural areas in Iowa until 2 weeks before the election which really pissed me off when I heard it. She was personable and a good candidate so not sure why she stayed in the basement and just relied on negative ads.

Susan Collins keeping her seat is the other gut punch that really hurts.
    Mainers went full Susan Collins by voting for Joe then immediately voting to neuter him by giving her a Senate seat lol. Gotta look like you're doing something

Anyway, I don't get all these Northeast Senators and especially Governors

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joe Biden was the right pick for the GOP tbh

Dems are so ed with a weak President Biden*, weak majority in the House, and Mitch running the Senate.

Honestly better outcome than I could have ever imagined
    Serious question, no troll: who do you see the GOP running in 2024 to generate the kind of turnout Trump just got from his base?

Thread Information