Page 123 of 212 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,075 of 5279
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Georgia GOP Candidate Got 3 Percent of Vote But Still Won’t Concede After a Week

https://truthout.org/articles/georgi...-after-a-week/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like the pickup game player who calls a foul every time he shoots.

Like your fat ass has played any team game without a controller or kb/m in the past 20 years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like your fat ass has played any team game without a controller or kb/m in the past 20 years
    it's weird that you pretend to know other posters personally, how could you possibly know?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gearing up to challenge elections before anyone has voted.

[Backing up those front-line workers, “it’s going to be an army,” Seifried promised at an Oct. 5 training session. “We’re going to have more lawyers than we’ve ever recruited, because let’s be honest, that’s where it’s going to be fought, right?”]

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Create legal conflict, reach out to GOP friendly DAs, then use that as a legal predicate to throw out urban votes."

“Remember, guys, we’re trying to build out a nationwide district attorney network. Your local district attorney, as we always say, is more powerful than your congressman,” Griffin said during a Sept. 21 meeting. “They’re the ones that can seat a grand jury. They’re the ones that can start an investigation, issue subpoenas, make sure that records are retained, etc.,” he said.
    https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...tapes-00035758

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Elections are won in courtrooms"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this homicidal, ecocidal bags

House Republicans to unveil conservative road map on climate, energy

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy plans to call for

boosting domestic fossil fuel production and

streamlining the permitting process for large infrastructure projects

https://www.washingtonpost.com/clima...-change-energy

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hole Confederate / red states gonna kill 10Ks of Americans by denying health care

Millions Could Lose Health Coverage When Medicaid Emergency Ends

Jana Eubank, executive director of the Texas Association of Community Health Centers told The Texas Tribune,

“We already have a huge uninsured issue in this state, and

this [the end of continuous Medicaid enrollment] just could be a perfect storm.

We’re busting at the seams. …

The last thing we need are more uninsured people.”

Americans living in red states face a particularly daunting task when acquiring healthcare.

Texas has the highest number of uninsured people per capita and

is one of the 12 states that has
    refused to expand access to Medicaid as part of the ACA.

The other states are

Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.

https://www.nationalmemo.com/medicai...emergency-2022

A demographic study in 2019, after 10 years of ACA, estimated that 15K people died due to non-expansion of Medicaid in hole Repug states, vs death rate in states that expanded Medicaid.

Repugs, pro-life? G M A F B

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'Disaster for Millions of Kids' Looms as GOP Obstruction Threatens School Meal Programs

"There is no reason that children should go hungry in the world's wealthiest nation," said Rep. Jamaal Bowman. "Congress needs to renew the federal school lunch waivers."

In March, obstruction by Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and much of his Republican caucus

tanked an effort to include a temporary extension of the waivers in an omnibus spending package.

Because of the flexibilities offered by the waivers,

an estimated 10 million additional children nationwide were able to access school meals

progress that advocates fear will be lost if Congress allows the waivers to lapse. Some states are rushing to enact their own universal free school meal programs in anticipation of losing the waivers.

"Without them, schools will face financial penalties for not meeting federal nutrition requirements, even though they have no choice," said Davis.

"They will have fewer financial resources to meet higher prices for food and other goods, staffing, and transportation.

Summer—already the hungriest time of year—will be particularly hard for kids when many summer sites will be unable to open."

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...-meal-programs

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republican death cult knows COVID-19 crisis is looming, doesn't give a damn

“Reported COVID-19 infection levels nearly 6 times higher than last Memorial Day.”

Last week also marked the eighth consecutive week of increasing COVID-19 cases, and that’s
    reported cases.

The increase in infections is greater than the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) knows because at-home testing is so widely available now.

That’s averaging out to 110,000 new cases a day, and

last week 112,000 new pediatric cases were reported.

Vaccines have helped make infections less dangerous, but

the hospitalization rate is also increasing, with more than 3,500 admissions a day on average.

Given the Republicans' at ude toward unnecessary loss of life—outside the womb, that is—the administration should be planning on a scenario in which there is no funding from Congress.

Republicans have insisted that it will only pass if it includes a provision forcing the Biden administration to keep Trump-era pandemic border restrictions.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2022/6/1/2101718/-Republican-death-cult-knows-COVID-19-crisis-is-looming-doesn-t-give-a-damn?detail=emaildkre

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Trash convicted, fascist Desantis will be vying for the Repug nomination

Gov. Ron DeSantis begins recruiting for his own Florida army

calling on fellow Floridians to join the state’s long-disbanded version of a second-string National Guard—a move critics (reasonably) fear could be used to enforce right-wing extremist goals without any real oversight.

DeSantis’ office announced Tuesday the search for 400 people and one part-time director to join the newly revived Florida State Guard (FLSG)

What if DeSantis’ version of an emergency includes “controlling voter turnout or people protesting the non-vaccinated?”

Mayer’s concerns are valid, in light of a GOP that doesn’t bother following the rules.

“What we don’t need more of is right-wing, gun-toting crazies in the streets,

even if they are sanctioned by a governor desperate to prove how tough he is.”
    https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2022/6/1/2101693/-Gov-Ron-DeSantis-begins-recruiting-for-his-own-Florida-army

Certainly, the FLSG will be used to intimidate non-white voters at polling places

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tapes Expose GOP Plot to Install Poll Workers in 'Massive Election Subversion Program'

Recordings obtained by Politico detail strategy by GOP operatives to disrupt upcoming elections.

mobilizing "an army" of GOP-friendly lawyers ready to aid newly recruited poll workers positioned on the frontlines of this year's midterms.

"Being a poll worker, you just have so many more rights and things you can do to stop something than [as] a poll challenger," RNC's election integrity director for Michigan Matthew Seifried said at one of the meetings.

"precinct strategy" being promoted by Republicans like far-right nationalist Steve Bannon, former President Donald Trump's adviser, to get GOP recruits into election worker positions.

That strategy has been endorsed by the former president and is already being rolled out in states including Michigan, a battleground state

"a network of party-friendly district attorneys who could intervene to block vote counts at certain precincts."

The poll worker recruits are also being instructed on "how to challenge a voter," and

would have at their disposal a hotline so that they could chat in real time with a party-aligned lawyer.

"Installing party loyalists on the Board of Canvassers, which is responsible for certifying the election, also appears to be part of the GOP strategy,"

The implications of all the plans could be

massive disruption to voters which could then be used "as a vehicle for rejecting vote counts from that precinct."

"This is completely unprecedented in the history of American elections that a political party would be working at this granular level to put a network together."

"Republicans are planning a massive election subversion program,"

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...ersion-program

What Repugs are committing is completely legal, but 100% BAD FAITH

and to America into ChistoFascism,

exclude Dems from power for decades

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Political contributions are core free speech and mustn't be abridged, but the literal political statements of corporations are subject to direct retaliation by Ron DeSantis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Openly embracing Christian nationalism.

(If you disagree, you're a domestic terrorist.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    demonic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    demonic

Passing anti-public health law is pretty ed up, using that law as a political cudgel against an event trying to protect disabled kids approximates satanic depravity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obsessed with infantile sexuality, projecting their own guilt feelings as accusations.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Hallo. I will likely vote Red Ticket.

No offense just voting to make my family and loved ones happy.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in fairness, it's unusual for LE to go after elite persons for breaking the law. DOJ declined to prosecute Mark Meadows and Steve Bannon for essentially the same thing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steve Bannon Hooks Peter Navarro Up With Chinese Money Man For His Legal Defense Fund

https://www.politicususa.com/2022/06...rro-china.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tapes Expose GOP Plot to Install Poll Workers in 'Massive Election Subversion Program'

Recordings obtained by Politico detail strategy by GOP operatives to disrupt upcoming elections.

"Being a poll worker, you just have so many more rights and things you can do to stop something than [as] a poll challenger,"

"a network of party-friendly district attorneys who could intervene to block vote counts at certain precincts."

The poll worker recruits are also being instructed on "how to challenge a voter,"

and would have at their disposal a hotline so that they could chat in real time with a party-aligned lawyer.

massive disruption to voters which could then be used "as a vehicle for rejecting vote counts from that precinct."

a "massive failure of certification" in Democratic precincts and subsequently "throw the choosing of electors to state legislatures,"

"Republicans are planning a massive election subversion program," Elias tweeted.

"We need to shine a spotlight on it, prepare for it, and realize that much of the fight will be in court."

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2022/06/01/tapes-expose-gop-plot-install-poll-workers-massive-election-subversion-program

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...tapes-00035758

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have one like him already, thankfully Biden beat his ass.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rumor is that Republicans next year will impeach Biden and Garland, for revenge of them's impeaching Trash twice

I doubt the Repugs will get 2/3 of the Senate to convict but impeachments will provide plenty of distraction and deflection and red meat to their hate, fantasy-, conspiracy-infatuated driven base

American is ed and un able

Thread Information