Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge gas tank seems to be empty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The age of the veterans and the limitations of the youth were very evident. At least Murray was able to essentially win the game down the stretch with a few plays. It's hard to imagine the rest of the season won't have a ton of these games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you for the grades. Needed this win and we pulled it out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely an unsustainable way to win games, the way the team played tonight. Everyone, no exceptions, needs to play better, especially in the grit/hustle/heart department. At many points, it simply seemed like the Rockettes wanted this win more than our guys did. That can't be happening on the regular. I tend to agree with posters that say the vets end up setting the tone in that regard, with their carelessness and lethargic play.... I fear it'll rub off on the youngings soon enough.

On a separate note, it should be clear by now that Lonnie is next to useless in any lineups featuring DeRozan. DeMar seems to just not like the guy or something... If I had any video editing skills, I'd go over this game again and clip it by possession. I swear there were 4-5 consecutive trips to the offensive side where Lonnie literally did not touch the basketball. How do you let that happen after he's been your main scorer for the last two games (except for the last one against these same Rockettes)? Does no teammate at any point go, "hey, Lonnie's a pretty good scorer and we're down 10, might be useful to kick it his way"? Really, really strange, and I single out DeMar just because he's supposed to be the primary facilitator. But it's really on Pop to demand change. Lonnie shouldn't be having to rely on fighting everyone, teammates included, for rebounds simply to be able to bring the ball up the court and initiate something. Especially so when the offense is as stagnant as it was during stretches of this game.....

E: I see Timvp adressed both DeMar's ballhogging and Lonnie's lack of touches in his grades. Good . I don't buy that it was thumb-related for Lonnie, since he said last game that it wasn't the reason he was subbed out (and he played today, meaning it couldn't've been so bad - his problem wasn't so much missing shots, as missing entire possessions frozen out on the perimeter). IDK what it is, but something's gotta change if we want to consistently see the Lonnie of those two games - and I feel like it's DeMar that has to "change" (more like "go"), tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades TIMVP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeMar increased his usg% tonight to a level only stars deserve: 32.3%. Abnormally* pathetic and selfish night for him. I think my trolling of him on his social media took turn for the worst.

Patty came in second with 25.4%.

DJ with 25.3%.

Huge drop off from Lonnie tonight. He had the highest in last game to only 14.1% tonight.

*I stress the word abnormally because he's deferred for the most part this season.

No match-up data as of yet.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 01-16-2021 at 11:59 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills percrentages finally going back to earth, Jakob finally played well.

Decent game from Derozan but I just want him off this team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yikes just had a look at the boxscore, didnt realise he was 9-25 from the field

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think Lonnie's game was affected by his wrist. In this clip here, he tries to quickly secure the ball with his right hand. If there's even a little pain, I could see how that could take one's aggressiveness away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely an unsustainable way to win games, the way the team played tonight. Everyone, no exceptions, needs to play better, especially in the grit/hustle/heart department. At many points, it simply seemed like the Rockettes wanted this win more than our guys did. That can't be happening on the regular. I tend to agree with posters that say the vets end up setting the tone in that regard, with their carelessness and lethargic play.... I fear it'll rub off on the youngings soon enough.

On a separate note, it should be clear by now that Lonnie is next to useless in any lineups featuring DeRozan. DeMar seems to just not like the guy or something... If I had any video editing skills, I'd go over this game again and clip it by possession. I swear there were 4-5 consecutive trips to the offensive side where Lonnie literally did not touch the basketball. How do you let that happen after he's been your main scorer for the last two games (except for the last one against these same Rockettes)? Does no teammate at any point go, "hey, Lonnie's a pretty good scorer and we're down 10, might be useful to kick it his way"? Really, really strange, and I single out DeMar just because he's supposed to be the primary facilitator. But it's really on Pop to demand change. Lonnie shouldn't be having to rely on fighting everyone, teammates included, for rebounds simply to be able to bring the ball up the court and initiate something. Especially so when the offense is as stagnant as it was during stretches of this game.....

E: I see Timvp adressed both DeMar's ballhogging and Lonnie's lack of touches in his grades. Good . I don't buy that it was thumb-related for Lonnie, since he said last game that it wasn't the reason he was subbed out (and he played today, meaning it couldn't've been so bad - his problem wasn't so much missing shots, as missing entire possessions frozen out on the perimeter). IDK what it is, but something's gotta change if we want to consistently see the Lonnie of those two games - and I feel like it's DeMar that has to "change" (more like "go"), tbh.
    Agree. I was really liking the writeup thought it was one of the better ones until i got to the Pop part. Letting DD run the show while the younguns take a backseat, that needs to stop ASAP. After the bubble and this seasons start, esp the wins 4-5 games ago with DD playing facilitator and then rightfully taking good shots the last half of 4th qtrs, drawing fouls....that was good. Reverting to he and LMA 2 man 90's ball is a HUGE step backwards. Enough of blaming DD, this call is made by Pop. Thought he finally got the memo (intervention?) but now it's return to bull . Good point by timvp that one has to wonder did the Spurs step up in the 4th or did Houston get gassed / shorthanded?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course DD is going to be hogging the ball...he is in a contract year on a team that is not going to resign him Dude is playing to put up numbers and get paid and could give two s about the young guys on this team...as would any 30 year old guard looking for his last big pay day in a similar situation...

LMA is beyond washed...dude is going to be a gawd tier tank commander all season...I wonder if Pop has the balls to just start playing him less and less...

I do not think it was a coincidence that we played better down the stretch in this game and LMA and Patty were on the bench...

Lonnie was holding and clutching his hand most of the game as well...hopefully it doesn't keep bothering him going forward

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course DD is going to be hogging the ball...he is in a contract year on a team that is not going to resign him Dude is playing to put up numbers and get paid and could give two s about the young guys on this team...as would any 30 year old guard looking for his last big pay day in a similar situation...

[LMA is beyond washed...dude is going to be a gawd tier tank commander all season...I wonder if Pop has the balls to just start playing him less and less...

I do not think it was a coincidence that we played better down the stretch in this game and LMA and Patty were on the bench...

Lonnie was holding and clutching his hand most of the game as well...hopefully it doesn't keep bothering him going forward
    He's the Spurs' best player according to my hermano Chinook

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's the Spurs' best player according to my hermano Chinook
    A guy who is having the worst season of his career is our best player

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks foor the grades, I mostly agree with them. Like I agree with Sugus (and Mul roll). Looked frankly more like a dogfight than a basketball game, and Houston was the dog fighting harder...before falling down (end of gas). I think the main reason we won was Tucker missing all the 3 point shots he usually makes...(expecially considering that most of them were with a good amount of space).
    I like the improvement in Murrays game, that imho is for the most an improvement of his phisical conditions and confidence (and only a little in his game wiew)....that said, if this is supposed to be a playoffs season, White have to come back as soon as possible...and probably Tre Jones should have a chance to show his skills. We need desperately playmaking, expecially when DDR (as of now our best ballhandler, and that's not a good thing) abuse of the given freedom to manage the ball at will (yesterday at the expense of a Walker while today he probably was not so confident because of his injured thumb).
    Poeltl finally played like he should (and made a free throw) while LMA looks weak on defense, on boards and disinterested (and its a pity because if he can still play at a decent level the offense flows ten times better, simply for the spacing he's able to create)...that said our liability on team defense and interior defense is clear (thanks to Murrays long arms and sometimes Gay's awarness we've not been totally killed...).
    Mills missed too many shots and is the other clear defensive liability of this team. Thank God Pop understood that and didn't let him play the final minutes.
    Like Timvp wrote, not a lot to like in this game except for the final score.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I noticed the same thing with Lonnie, but it seemed to me Johnson and Murray along with Derozan that was not passing him the ball. That's on Pop though, plays should be ran for Lonnie to encourage the development of being a go to scorer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades Timvp. It was an ugly win, but a win is a win. Before Houston’s two games, I was so excited over our troops. The last two games shook my confidence. Spurs played against 8/9 players that are mostly unknown players and almost lost both except Houston run out of gas. This was not just lack of interior defense. Pop over relying on FIBA Mills was very disappointing, as he mentioned the Bubble excitement prior the season. It’s Bryn Forbes allover again. Pop finally pulled him and Aldridge and let Lonnie and Keldon closed which was the correct decision. And Lonnie and Keldon helped quell whatever comeback Houston have to win the game.

I don’t know if Aldridge is hurt. He doesn’t seem to have lift on his legs. Or his defense regressed so much, because he cannot be closing if he can’t play D.

Poeltl finally woke up and helped energized the win. I was one of those calling for his head. I wonder what happened?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I probably need to focus on how the Spurs defend the 3. Usually I noticed they give up the shoulder 3, which is probably the hardest 3 to hit. I noticed that Jones hit some long 3s, in which the Spurs gave up. Playing Lillard and Curry, I can't vision it's something the Spurs can afford to let go.

Another thing is while the Rockets shot well from 3, the Spurs were ice ice cold. The only way we won fairly convincingly was because of our hustle. As much as Poeltl helped us at the end of the game, I wonder if he plays if the Spurs were in the penalty.

Finally, is Pop not calling plays. We seem to lost our motion and zipper. Playing only one big means no Horns. So our offense is drive and kick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I noticed one play where DeMar wanted the ball from lonnie and seemed annoyed when lonnie took the shot...so u may be onto something

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA is starting to look washed. Not even sure what his trade value is at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA is starting to look washed. Not even sure what his trade value is at this point.
    a late second round pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

For comparisons' sake:

In game 1 vs the Rockets, LaMarcus matched up against Wood for a total of 7 minutes and 27 seconds. Wood was able to shoot 10 times, and made six of them for a total of 17 points.

In game 2 vs the Rockets, Keldon matched up against Wood for a total of 6 minutes and 34 seconds. Wood was able to shoot five times, and made only one of them for a total of 6 points (4 points were from free throws).

https://www.nba.com/game/hou-vs-sas-...core#box-score

https://www.nba.com/game/hou-vs-sas-...core#box-score

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is rediculous Keldon has to guard the opposing team’s best player almost regardless of position. He should be feasting on guys that play the 2/3 on both ends of the court not expending his energy on bigs.

Thread Information