Name
    Eliza S.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    My rader is shot.

I just got an email yesterday for a company I applied for a month ago stating that they were processing my application and would contact me again shortly.

I have always figured that if you didn't hear anything after 3 weeks, it was dead in the water.

I've got a job approaching that deadline now that I would be willing to do nearly anything to get - it's my dream job (or at least appears so from what I know right now). I did receive a standard letter that said "blah blah we've got lots of applications blah blah we'll contact you for an interview blah blah." The job is still posted . . .

Anyhow - what, if any, guidelines exist for knowing you ain't getting a call about that job?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Different for different companies. They may be in a hiring freeze. You just don't know. I would try to contact HR and let them know you are still very interested in working for their company.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Sorry we had a paper jam I'll be in touch with you soon. Greaaat.

Name
    Christy
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I wouldn't put any stock in time-frames. I applied for an awesome job (where I'm at now) and it took well over a month between the time I sent my resume to when I got my first call back.

My last job I believe it was 2 months before I heard anything. You never know...sometimes people are on vacation, can't make a decision...have decided to re-write the job description...lots of things.

Name
    Eliza S.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The important thing is to keep following up with them. I would never hire someone that filled out a app and didn't bother following up. That may be the delay just waiting to see who pursues them first.
    But I went though HR - not a person. If it were a person, I'd follow up. I've tried (and am still trying through a couple of contacts) to find out who makes the interview decision and get my resume in their hands . . .

I don't know what to do for follow up through a large HR dept. Suggestion are welcome.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What SpursWoman said.

I had forgotten I applied at Frito Lay when they called. Had to be at least 3 months. I saw Frito Lay on my caller ID and thought "Who the do I know at Frito Lay?" Then I remembered applying.

Son
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It was 6 months for me. I had gotten laid off from my then current job and as soon as I got home, extremely depressed, the phone rang and it was them. I've been there 6 years now. It was a total blessing.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Definitely don't give up, many companies take a while to make their decisions. I'd call the main number for HR and ask who you should speak with. Are you looking for a job here in SA now?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    yeah bro
    don't give up..you'd be surprised about things...sometimes it may seem its dead in the water and then all of a sudden out of the blue you get a call for interviews or something.

I'm goin through a similar thing because i've put in for some work with XM Satellite Radio and that prospect looks great now when it looked dead before.

Spurs are Lottery Bound. SequSpur's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Follow up. Follow up. Follow up.

Once you fax a resume, unless they got a good HR dept or staff that recruit full time, your got put in the back file in the cabinet.

Send it twice and follow up with a call.

Thread Information