My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades. I'm surprised we scored as much as we did because we missed a lot of shots. Obviously it was a horrible defensive performance. The setting was really cool and the seating strange. I hope all the people, especially families, who came could see past the 'ass-kicking' and had fun.

Did our point differential set another record last night?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Sadly, though, McDermott was a major liability on defense that Golden State looked to exploit early and often. He ended up surrendering more points than he scored."

Perhaps just have this on default for every game he appears in?

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not sure why they didn’t fill in the lower level with more seats — but it worked out. It’d be cool to do it again. Maybe in 2024 as part of a 25th anniversary of the 1999 championship team celebration? That’d be fun.
    They could have easily broken 70 and pushed 75 by using all that empty space.

For those of you who were at the game, how were the concessions? I've heard they're bad at the Dome but I haven't been there in so long, I don't remember.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Concessions had long lines but the food was pretty good…expensive but good.

The vibe was pretty cool, but those off the floor were sitting so far away that it seemed like they weren’t really into the game. Probably because they couldn’t see it. We were 8 rows back on the floor, in the corner, and even our seats had a weird vantage point. You couldn’t see the three point lines because we were sitting almost at floor level.

You were definitely there for the atmosphere, not the game.

As for the game itself, the Spurs looked terrible. Sochan, Poeltl and Collins all should have been F’s. I think our guys aren’t used to playing in any sort of pressure situations because it seemed like we had the deer in the headlights thing going on. The Warriors were much less phased by the crowd and the hype.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    defense is straight swiss cheese

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The defending champs played exactly that, defending champs in front of a historical 68k attendance, and our guys were caught in the middle of a storm like wet chickens. It was devastating to watch. They didn’t even put up a fight. I can’t even start to express my disappointment. At one point Pop chew on somebody for a defensive lapse, but it was in the 4th quarter, too late too little. Looney played like the 2nd coming of Shaq against Poeltl. I forgot which Dubs player literally pulled a rebound off Poeltl’s hands, which pretty much sums it up. They all deserve an F.

Thread Information