Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Who snitched?
    How the h did these emails get out?

He might have survived calling the NFLPA guy Michelin lips but once he called that guy a the snowflakes buried him.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Dude is gonna be blacklisted from football the rest of his life tbh.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    People have to understand that coaches get paid so much in large part because they're supposed to be culture leaders. Gruden would've been fired from ESPN had they known he was doing this. A grown-ass man like him should've known better than be sending frat-boy level emails to his colleagues. It makes it so much worse that he was sending to guys who were working for NFL teams and thus had no expectations of privacy in official correspondence. Gruden's potential bigotry may not be something that should've cost him his job. But his stupidity was a liability for the organization.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Who snitched?
    How the h did these emails get out?

He might have survived calling the NFLPA guy Michelin lips but once he called that guy a the snowflakes buried him.

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    I mean, I've heard and said worse in private conversations. But once these emails were out I guess this had to happen. Dude drove right through every single cancel culture cone.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Mike Leach abused/choked a player and still got another coaching job. Rick Pitino hired hookers for his college players and still got another coaching job. Gruden commitment the ultimate sin in today’s society though. He’s done.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    Mike Leach abused/choked a player and still got another coaching job. Rick Pitino hired hookers for his college players and still got another coaching job. Gruden commitment the ultimate sin in today’s society though. He’s done.
    Gruden can get another job.
    Just not on a big stage.
    Ask Art Briles and his son.

Also the pros v. College makes a difference. Representing the NFL is different than being beholden to some regents at a State or private school. The NFL is a huge $ maker. So they play the game safe. College regents don’t give a fk unless the big school donors call them out and force the hand of the regents.

He screwed up in the wrong job.
    Last edited by pgardn; 10-11-2021 at 10:36 PM.

Another day of blacks and gays competing for gold in the victimhood olympics.

My Team
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Post Count
    I don't believe people should be punished severely for something they said 10 years ago. If it was actions maybe, but not for just using certain words. Language in particular is very sensitive to cultural context. It just so happens that our culture has become hyper-sensitive to phobia over the last decade.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    While I'm sure everyone wants to run to 'cancel culture' as an explanation, given the NFL was apparently going to step in if the raiders hadn't makes it seem like calling Goddell f4agg0t and pu55y had more to do with his resignation

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    It’s too bad for the entertainment value.
    The guy could make a wide array of painfully contorted faces on the sideline.
    Fun to watch him. The Raiders being a good team again with him as coach would have been fun.
    People making fun of him was fun.

Personally I wish none of this had ever happened. He was a fun character.

Post Count
    This one surprises me more than most stories. It’s not that surprising that Chucky said those things or used that language. I assume more than most NFL guys have some even latent, under the surface bigotry. I just believe that. It’s surprising that he did so in emails that created paper trail evidence. He seems too smart for that.

Or is it an ego thing with some of these coaches/execs/owners/pro athletes who know what they’re doing but don’t give a because they’re on some I can do what the I want to do type power trip? And they’re like daring someone to use it against them? Because they have money and power to hide it or make it go away. Otherwise, common sense says don’t ing send emails incriminating you and showcasing your bigotry. Don’t picture text your junk to a reporter. Don’t smack around your wife in a public place with cameras. Don’t try to bribe a judge or the police. Do those things need to be taught to some of these coaches and pro athletes living in their invincibility bubbles?

Why are people ing stupid?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Gruden

What professional in any era whether its cancel culture or not puts incriminating on record like that

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Some college program will take a risk on him a few years down the line. He is probably done on the nfl though

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I don't believe people should be punished severely for something they said 10 years ago. If it was actions maybe, but not for just using certain words. Language in particular is very sensitive to cultural context. It just so happens that our culture has become hyper-sensitive to phobia over the last decade.
    100% Agreed.

This was TEN YEARS AGO. Punishing someone now for some old bull cold case is the epitome of evil in society. There has to be some statute of limitations... This is not ing child rape or murder we're talking about. This is WORDS, tweets, emails, NOT sticks nor stones...

JOE BIDEN

THE LEFT

CANCEL CULTURE

That is all.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    It’s too bad for the entertainment value.
    The guy could make a wide array of painfully contorted faces on the sideline.
    Fun to watch him. The Raiders being a good team again with him as coach would have been fun.
    People making fun of him was fun.

Personally I wish none of this had ever happened. He was a fun character.
    It's ing bull that that happened in 2011 and he's being punished in 2021... especially AFTER he warmly accepted people like Carl Nassib who came out the closet. He's "gotten" with the times now and he should be rewarded for that, not punished over his former stances in 2011...

The Raiders had a good season coming, probably were going to win 10+ games, place second in the division and make the playoffs.

Now their season is submarined and they're probably going to have a fire sale. Derek Carr on the trade block, where will he go? Trade to Green Bay for Rodgers next spring? Rodgers could take Adams with him and hand select his new coach there.

Ugh.....

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Rich Bisaccia the interim coach for the rest of 2021. That guy was on the Cowboys a million years, as the head special teams coordinator when the Cowboys were always ranking near or at the bottom on special teams. He is a passive dud if there is ever one. The Raiders, despite the talent, are likely now a 5-6 win team in 2021.

They will need to rebuild or reload, like with my Aaron Rodgers idea.

Post Count
    Apparently, the emails weren't just from 2011. There were emails of bigotry, racism, phobia from 2011 to as recently as 2018. That's why when it was just the lips comment, he feigned ignorance and tried to spin it. With the amount of emails with blatant bigoted language that have since come out, there was no spinning it. There was no misremembering them.

And whether you want to blame cancel culture or disagree with the resulting resignation, bottom line, that was dumb on Gruden's part. The you doing going on racist, phobic, bigoted rants in emails?

You dumb, bro. There's not a "muh bad" escape from that, cancel culture or not. You just dumb.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    What's Hugh Freeze's buyout number?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Apparently, the emails weren't just from 2011. There were emails of bigotry, racism, phobia from 2011 to as recently as 2018. That's why when it was just the lips comment, he feigned ignorance and tried to spin it. With the amount of emails with blatant bigoted language that have since come out, there was no spinning it. There was no misremembering them.

And whether you want to blame cancel culture or disagree with the resulting resignation, bottom line, that was dumb on Gruden's part. The you doing going on racist, phobic, bigoted rants in emails?

You dumb, bro. There's not a "muh bad" escape from that, cancel culture or not. You just dumb.
    his attempt to spin the lips comment was embarrassing and made it worse imo

he had to go after this, no way he could be a leader of a team and face of an organization

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    cancel culture is becoming the modern euphemism for consequences for what you've done

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    cancel culture is becoming the modern euphemism for consequences for what you've done
    No..... specifically consequences of hypermodern woke culture.

In the 1980s, 1990s and even 2000s that stuff would be laughed off. If there weren't "consequences" for that back then, then there shouldn't be now, plain and simple.

The leftward trend in 1st world society has all but ruined society as a whole, and has made living life miserable and like walking on a giant eggs .

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Penalize someone based on ACTIONS, not words, emails, tweets, etc... written or spoken stuff.

If the guy say, cut, traded or demoted Carl Nassib because he came out as gay... then the dude is a phobe. Instead, Nassib is a rotational defensive end/borderline starter this year.... and is proof that Gruden rewards merit regardless of sexual orientation.

Actions speak LOUDER than words...

10% inspiration, 90% perspiration rule.

#FreeGruden

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Donald Trump was de-elected last november by a bunch of woke American idiots that voted him out based on words... tweets... while his ACTIONS made him one of the better presidents in modern history. Sure, the 2017-18 tax law was flawed, and he spent too much federal money last year, but most of his actions made the country better as a whole.

Biden? what a ing joke. But he sure can keep his mouth shut on the internet!! Whoop-dee-do. As China seizes Hong Kong and looks to annex Taiwan while Biden's weak leadership doesn't give a . Double-digit Americans dying in Afghanistan due to Biden, will be triple figures soon. And society and the economy is still not close to back to normal, thanks to Biden's fascist covid policies.

the woke left for removing the USA's best President since Nixon.

Anyone who makes decisions and judgments on people based on sheer words and written content as opposed to actions should watch their children be mutilated alive and then be executed.

Thread Information