My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Moms group puts $500 'bounty' on teachers who teach 'divisive concepts'
    “We've got $500 for the person that first successfully catches a public school teacher breaking this law.”

• The New Hampshire chapter of a right-wing nonprofit organization has put a “bounty” out on teachers in the state who are reported for breaking a new law.
    • The law, called Right to Freedom from Discrimination in Public Workplaces and Education, bans specific teachings about race and gender.
    • Moms for Liberty is a right-wing nonprofit organization that has 135 chapters in 35 states with more than 56,000 members.

A right-wing nonprofit organization’s New Hampshire chapter has put a “bounty” out on teachers in the state who are reported for breaking a new law that bars them from teaching “divisive concepts.”

“We've got $500 for the person that first successfully catches a public school teacher breaking this law,” Moms for Liberty’s New Hampshire chapter tweeted Nov. 12. “Students, parents, teachers, school staff... We want to know! We will pledge anonymity if you want.”

The law referenced is Right to Freedom from Discrimination in Public Workplaces and Education, signed into state law on June 25, 2021. The law bans specific teachings about race and gender that infer: "a group is superior or inferior to another identified group; a group is consciously or unconsciously racist, sexist, or oppressive; a group should be discriminated against or be adversely treated; or a group shouldn’t treat other identified groups equally."

New Hampshire has since launched a website that allows parents and students to fill out a questionnaire to report violations of the new law. Though it states the questionnaire is not a formal charge, it does launch an investigation that can lead to an educator’s teaching license being revoked.

When a Twitter user questioned how they could make monetary contributions to Moms for Liberty’s reward, the organization responded to use its PayPal and add “CRT Bounty's in the notes.”

Moms for Liberty has 135 chapters in 35 states, with more than 56,000 members, according to an October report by The Washington Post. In addition to its campaign against teachings on racism and sexism in schools, the organization has also opposed mask and vaccination mandates, as well as curriculums including LGBTQ+ rights and discrimination.

In response to New Hampshire launching its reporting website, the state’s second-largest teachers union, the American Federation of Teachers New Hampshire, released a statement on Thursday saying the state had “declared a war on teachers."

It’s funny how you never hear them going against teaching about The Holocaust in WW2, as ‘divisive’. The closest I’ve seen is when Texas recently wanted to teach opposing views to it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    teaching american history is a bad thing now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Straw

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^
    Poster Karrin is exhibit A on the need to teach literacy and writing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Conservative cancel culture.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

“We've got $500 for the person that first successfully catches a public school teacher breaking this law.”

• The New Hampshire chapter of a right-wing nonprofit organization has put a “bounty” out on teachers in the state who are reported for breaking a new law.
    • The law, called Right to Freedom from Discrimination in Public Workplaces and Education, bans specific teachings about race and gender.
    • Moms for Liberty is a right-wing nonprofit organization that has 135 chapters in 35 states with more than 56,000 members.

A right-wing nonprofit organization’s New Hampshire chapter has put a “bounty” out on teachers in the state who are reported for breaking a new law that bars them from teaching “divisive concepts.”

“We've got $500 for the person that first successfully catches a public school teacher breaking this law,” Moms for Liberty’s New Hampshire chapter tweeted Nov. 12. “Students, parents, teachers, school staff... We want to know! We will pledge anonymity if you want.”

The law referenced is Right to Freedom from Discrimination in Public Workplaces and Education, signed into state law on June 25, 2021. The law bans specific teachings about race and gender that infer: "a group is superior or inferior to another identified group; a group is consciously or unconsciously racist, sexist, or oppressive; a group should be discriminated against or be adversely treated; or a group shouldn’t treat other identified groups equally."

New Hampshire has since launched a website that allows parents and students to fill out a questionnaire to report violations of the new law. Though it states the questionnaire is not a formal charge, it does launch an investigation that can lead to an educator’s teaching license being revoked.

When a Twitter user questioned how they could make monetary contributions to Moms for Liberty’s reward, the organization responded to use its PayPal and add “CRT Bounty's in the notes.”

Moms for Liberty has 135 chapters in 35 states, with more than 56,000 members, according to an October report by The Washington Post. In addition to its campaign against teachings on racism and sexism in schools, the organization has also opposed mask and vaccination mandates, as well as curriculums including LGBTQ+ rights and discrimination.

In response to New Hampshire launching its reporting website, the state’s second-largest teachers union, the American Federation of Teachers New Hampshire, released a statement on Thursday saying the state had “declared a war on teachers."

It’s funny how you never hear them going against teaching about The Holocaust in WW2, as ‘divisive’. The closest I’ve seen is when Texas recently wanted to teach opposing views to it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “We've got $500 for the person that first successfully catches a public school teacher breaking this law.”[/FONT][/COLOR]
    I don't see this law passing muster in court. The first time anyone tries to collect, and the the state goes after them, you will get the ACLU all up in it.

I would give this less than a year before it gets tested in court. , I could see some teachers itching to run afoul of this just to with it.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Fine with me. Should work out about as well as Dan Patrick's voter fraud bounty.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Conservative cancel culture.
    Its not even cultural really. Its getting rid of history as I see it.
    "Divisive concepts" you cant teach about slavery?
    Yes it happened as was an extremely important part of the Civil War. This is the truth. Its history. Its more than just a cultural change (eg. what words are not considered appropriate at this point in time in our culture.) And its also flat out interesting besides the obvious hypocrisy that the founding fathers even wrote about. An agrarian part of a country finds economic advantages to enslave people.

These "free thinking" women imagine the slavery section will include determining slave owning relatives some students had through family trees along with those who had relatives enslaved (much more obvious) and let reparations begin starting with beatings?

Conservatives mothers in the classroom. Take your kids out of public school. You can teach them evolutionary rebuttals at home. "Fossils are fake, 3000 yo earth... " Get stupid at home.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Conservatives mothers in the classroom. Take your kids out of public school. You can teach them evolutionary rebuttals at home. "Fossils are fake, 3000 yo earth... " Get stupid at home.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup, forget about the No Nothing party that hated immigrants. They hated Irish Catholics so much it wanted to stop their immigration to US as well as deport Irish in US.

“I am not a Know-Nothing — that is certain. How could I be? How can any one who abhors the oppression of negroes, be in favor of degrading classes of white people? Our progress in degeneracy appears to me to be pretty rapid. As a nation, we began by declaring that ‘all men are created equal.’ We now practically read it ‘all men are created equal, except negroes.’ When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read ‘all men are created equal, except negroes and foreigners and Catholics.” —Abraham Lincoln

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I don't see this law passing muster in court. The first time anyone tries to collect, and the the state goes after them, you will get the ACLU all up in it.

I would give this less than a year before it gets tested in court. , I could see some teachers itching to run afoul of this just to with it.
    The state isn't going after anyone for $500. You should read before commenting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Making up a narrative about RG saying state will pay $500 bounty now?

New Hampshire will enforce the Right to Freedom from Discrimination in Public Workplaces and Education and they will have law struck down by SCOTUS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The law itself might run afoul of the First Amendment, but this is a perilous area of law... see here for context if interested:
    https://www.mtsu.edu/first-amendment...ts-of-teachers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's probably a hoot IRL. One of those guys who knows everything but is always off about most of what he says.

"You know, bats ain't blind. They have radar"

Thread Information