Page 722 of 1589 FirstFirst ... 2226226727127187197207217227237247257267327728221222 ... LastLast
Results 18,026 to 18,050 of 39712
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But Edr will sign off on those two countries coming into the NATO. He's just strutting his pea for all it's worth...like we do when we have the con.
    Thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The good guys/bad guys narrative is indispensable for organizing both sides and for validating the ethical underpinning of war -- again, on both sides -- but it tends to obscure economic and strategic interests that are more or less amoral and realpolitical. The US may have reasons other than the sanc y of the rules-based international order and concern for Ukraine for its current policy stance.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 06-08-2022 at 11:21 AM.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The good guys/bad guys narrative is indispensable for organizing both sides and for validating the ethical underpinning -- again, on both sides -- but it tends to obscure economic and strategic interests that are more or amoral and realpolitical. The US may have reasons other than the sanc y of the rules-based international order and concern for Ukraine for its current policy stance.
    Yeah, because the US made up that rules-based international order to feather our cap.

Putin is shoving same up Z's/Ukr's ass and by proxy up Biden's ass. That Biden proxy doesn't just work the 1 way as Biden thought/was assured it would/"Yes, sir, it won't affect you, Mr. President."

Biden, to his credit wasn't convinced...so, he countered..."Will I end up back out at Dover with the children?"

"No sir!!!"

"Let's go!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just like the ole Patsy Cline song, I fall to pieces.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Putler losing generals and ammo depots.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats how total victory by one side over the other works. One side surrenders unconditionally. Russia gave Ukraine a chance the first few days when they surrounded Kiev. Helensky played games. So Russia pulled back an brought in the meatgrinder. Now it wont stop until Ukraine surrenders unconditionally a la Japan. Total capitulation
    just like the Germans backed off of Paris to give themselves a chance to lose more troops and arms then make the French REALLY surrender.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We steal/sanction from them, their families and their girlfriend their then we expect them to conduct war as we've conducted since II. ended.

No.

But, Biden ain't out at Dover with that damn watch of his and the children.
    Count our blessings.
    If you don't know what you're doing, neither does your enemy.
    - Joe Tzu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Craig Murray blames Russia as do I. Nothing quoted above absolves Russia for responsibility for the war or the peace.
    The new Ukrainian stance, that there will be no peace deal without recovering the Crimea, has ended for now any hopes of an early ceasefire. It appears to be a militarily unachievable objective – I cannot think of any scenario in which Russia de facto loses Crimea, without the serious possibility of worldwide nuclear war.
    The stance that territory occupied by Russia be returned to Ukraine has "ended any hope", but Russian stance that Ukraine and Ukrainians should stop existing before that didn't? How is this anything but absolving Russia of it's actions and deeds so far? There need to be two parties willing to have peace, and one has no interest in it unless we all bow to their irrational demands. And Russia grievances go way beyond Ukraine. Even if Ukraine gives into every Russian demand that doesn't stop them, in fact it makes it even more likely that there will be more blood, more war, more suffering.

History is clear, there is no lasting peace with fascists. Peace wasn't bought with Sudetenland and cannot be bought with Crimea. What did the Ukrainians get for their last cease-fire with Russia? An even more destructive war.

I guess your best hope for your kind of peace with Russia is hoping Trump wins in 2024, and Putin and his pal can maybe carve up Ukraine together. The rest of us will cheer for actual victory of freedom and democracy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Euro zone GDP growth speeds up in Q1 despite Ukraine war, revised data show
    The final data show that euro zone growth gained speed in the first quarter from a lacklustre final quarter of 2021, despite Russia's Feb. 24 invasion of Ukraine, which disrupted supply chains, hit confidence and caused energy prices to soar.

The negative impact of the war is however expected to be felt in the second quarter. Growth in the euro zone slowed significantly in the last quarter of 2021, to 0.2% from a 2.3% quarterly expansion in Q3, Eurostat's final data show.
    https://www.reuters.com/markets/euro...ow-2022-06-08/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The stance that territory occupied by Russia be returned to Ukraine has "ended any hope", but Russian stance that Ukraine and Ukrainians should stop existing before that didn't? How is this anything but absolving Russia of it's actions and deeds so far? There need to be two parties willing to have peace, and one has no interest in it unless we all bow to their irrational demands. And Russia grievances go way beyond Ukraine. Even if Ukraine gives into every Russian demand that doesn't stop them, in fact it makes it even more likely that there will be more blood, more war, more suffering.

History is clear, there is no lasting peace with fascists. Peace wasn't bought with Sudetenland and cannot be bought with Crimea. What did the Ukrainians get for their last cease-fire with Russia? An even more destructive war.

I guess your best hope for your kind of peace with Russia is hoping Trump wins in 2024, and Putin and his pal can maybe carve up Ukraine together. The rest of us will cheer for actual victory of freedom and democracy.
    I hope Ukraine wins. Short of that I hope they get a peace they can live with.

I don't agree with Craig Murray right down the line, but the conversation in here has been very two-sided and moralizing. Either pro-Russia or pro-Ukraine. I think that's artificially narrow. Most wars don't end in total surrender, at some point diplomacy and negotiation will be necessary. It's doubtful absolute demands on either side will survive that, once both sides are ready to do a deal.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 06-08-2022 at 02:36 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't agree with Craig Murray right down the line, but the conversation in here has been very two-sided and moralizing. Either pro-Russia or pro-Ukraine. I think that's artificially narrow. Most wars don't end in total surrender, at some point diplomacy and negotiation will be necessary. It's doubtful absolute demands on either side will survive that, once both sides are ready to do a deal.
    Evgenii Fedorov, a State Duma of Russian Federation Deputy, suggested cancelling the Soviet times decree that recognizes the independence of Lithuania.
    https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/06/8/7351281/

Name one totalitarian expansionist fascist empire with genocidal ambitions that didn't end with total surrender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And another one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ukraine's choice will be to continue trading deaths with the Russians in a fairly static 'front line" while the area is totally destroyed, or end the fighting by giving up some territory. if they go the trading deaths route I suspect Russia has more bodies to waste than Ukraine does.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/06/8/7351281/

Name one totalitarian expansionist fascist empire with genocidal ambitions that didn't end with total surrender.
    the Mongols, several current african states/tribes around lake victoria, Russia for 80 years, the Romans for a millennium, Ottoman Turks, etc.

History is replete with them. Stopping them is only a recent development.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Ukraine's choice will be to continue trading deaths with the Russians in a fairly static 'front line" while the area is totally destroyed, or end the fighting by giving up some territory. if they go the trading deaths route I suspect Russia has more bodies to waste than Ukraine does.
    Putin will decide if & when it is over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Day 105 of a 3-5 day special operation.
    tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO, unless the Ruskies decide to build up a wall (lmao) to separate the Donbas from the rest of Ukraine, this is going to keep going and going. This became a war of attrition, which is the last thing Russia wants. They might declare victory by taking the Donbas, but neither the sanctions nor the war are going to end there.

As things stand today, the only two roads to end this are WW3 or Russia capitulating like they did in Afghanistan due to sanctions/economic collapse.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The good guys/bad guys narrative is indispensable for organizing both sides and for validating the ethical underpinning of war -- again, on both sides -- but it tends to obscure economic and strategic interests that are more or less amoral and realpolitical. The US may have reasons other than the sanc y of the rules-based international order and concern for Ukraine for its current policy stance.
    Absolutely.
    The US wants a democracy that is friendly to the US.
    Another big thriving trading partner that is less corrupt would be a wonderful thing.
    Or, Ukraine might see the US only backing them when they fought so hard to maintain their very existence and think we are a bunch of homers.
    Which might not be far from the truth. Poland might become their best buds...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Absolutely.
    The US wants a democracy that is friendly to the US.
    Another big thriving trading partner that is less corrupt would be a wonderful thing.
    Or, Ukraine might see the US only backing them when they fought so hard to maintain their very existence and think we are a bunch of homers.
    Which might not be far from the truth. Poland might become their best buds...
    ...oh no, we're wedded to Ukr ever more. Z is Charlie McCarthy. Biden is Edgar Bergen. That was the deal day 1... "You'll fight. We'll tell you what to do, how to do it, when to do it and we'll supply the materiel to do it with. You'll go out to your Dover."

"Huh?"

"Never mind that, you'll find out, just don't look at your watch, kid. I won't go out to my Dover."

"Huh?"

"Doesn't concern you. Let us proceed..."

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, Turkey has complicated national interests and self-interested leaders, hut so does everyone else. Biden warning Africa not to buy food it needs to feed people is ghoulish. Even if Turkey wants to make it easier feed Africans for bad reasons, the end is objectively good.
    Turkey has an absolutely rotten leader.
    Add that to any analysis.
    He needs to go via the Turkish people, they need to become much more of a democracy.
    Edrogan got rid of their military's ventures into the political, then he took over the political part as well.
    Personally I feel like they need to suffer some setbacks to get rid of the guy, but this war is good for his type in this situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...oh no, we're wedded to Ukr ever more. Z is Charlie McCarthy. Biden is Edgar Bergen. That was the deal day 1... "You'll fight. We'll tell you what to do, how to do it, when to do it and we'll supply the materiel to do it with. You'll go out to your Dover."

"Huh?"

"Never mind that, you'll find out, just don't look at your watch, kid. I won't go out to my Dover."

"Huh?"

"Doesn't concern you. Let us proceed..."
    Wedded to Ukraine? Please...

The orange man was all over their biggest problem in corruption, Hunter Biden!
    What a laugher.

"Hey Zelensky! I need on my next political opponent. Please use your secret service to check out the druggie. Thanks. And maybe I dont give you to Russia, or maybe I do. "

termination completed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information