Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Locks or more than likely to return: Murray, White, Poeltl, Johnson, McDermott, Vassell, Collins, Primo, Jones, Bates-Diop.

Could go either way: Hernangomez (lock to be waived; could be re-signed at commensurate salary), Eubanks, Landale, Wieskamp, Cacok. Their fate is likely heavily dependent on the draft.

Locks or unlikely to return: Young, Walker IV (restricted).

Players I could see them targeting: Knox II (restricted; unlikely to receive qualifying offer), Finney-Smith, Warren, Anderson, Connaughton (player option; likely to decline), Portis (player option; likely to decline), Prince, Smith. Obviously, also likely heavily dependent on the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could absolutely see the Spurs bring back Fathead if they don't draft or trade for a PF tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m so happy there aren’t any borderline max players this offseason like John Collins last year so we don’t have to debate endlessly about a player on if they’re worth the max or not. The guys this offseason either clearly are or they’re clearly not. And I will laugh at any team who throws the max at a player who clearly isn’t worth the max (Bridges, for example).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could absolutely see the Spurs bring back Fathead if they don't draft or trade for a PF tbh.
    Prepare for The Return Of spursgirl

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A serious case of bad luck for the Spurs to have all of that cap space this summer and few major or appealing free agents. The only guys I really see at this point would be bench guys like Chris Boucher and Isaiah Hartenstein, who I think would help by taking away some of the vastly negative minutes of McDermott and Eubanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Signing good role players even at a slightly overprice, isn't necessarily a bad thing. For example, Heat have continuously over paid their role players until Butler knocked on their door. They had no cap and signed butler on a max. Because good role players are still wanted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they plan to trade Poeltl at some point I'd like them to go after Thomas Bryant from Washington.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mo Bamba RFA. Really starting to get his stride after playing in a crowded front court his first few years (Gordon, Vucevic, Issac).

Magic are pretty deep up front with:

- Wendell Carter Jr, signed a 4yr 50mm extension last off-season
    - Jonathon Issac, started a 4yr 70mm contract this year. Between injury history, that contract and off court antics Magic have no choice but to play him as he is untradeable at this point
    - Franz Wagner, can play some 4 as needed.
    - They’ll have a top 5 pick in a draft with 3 bigs projected to go top 5 in Blanchero, Holmgren and Smith

Mo Bamba could be the odd man out in Orlando as he is an RFA. His 3pt stroke has looked nice this year, 7 footer with a 7’10 wing span all the fundamentals to be a defensive anchor and offers more than Jak on the offensive end.

4yrs 60mm would be a good starting point I think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you gotta wait for the trade deadline to see what our needs will be and then look at free agents. We might hold pat, or a couple trades could happen. That'd really shake up our primary needs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mo Bamba RFA. Really starting to get his stride after playing in a crowded front court his first few years (Gordon, Vucevic, Issac).

Magic are pretty deep up front with:

- Wendell Carter Jr, signed a 4yr 50mm extension last off-season
    - Jonathon Issac, started a 4yr 70mm contract this year. Between injury history, that contract and off court antics Magic have no choice but to play him as he is untradeable at this point
    - Franz Wagner, can play some 4 as needed.
    - They’ll have a top 5 pick in a draft with 3 bigs projected to go top 5 in Blanchero, Holmgren and Smith

Mo Bamba could be the odd man out in Orlando as he is an RFA. His 3pt stroke has looked nice this year, 7 footer with a 7’10 wing span all the fundamentals to be a defensive anchor and offers more than Jak on the offensive end.

4yrs 60mm would be a good starting point I think.
    Magic EASILY match that, thank us, and trade him later to rebalance their roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Magic EASILY match that, thank us, and trade him later to rebalance their roster.
    I’m sure he will get multiple offers so us lowballing doesn’t guarantee them anything. I think 15-20mm a year is the price that clears the market.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A serious case of bad luck for the Spurs to have all of that cap space this summer and few major or appealing free agents. The only guys I really see at this point would be bench guys like Chris Boucher and Isaiah Hartenstein, who I think would help by taking away some of the vastly negative minutes of McDermott and Eubanks.
    Sign Boucher and Anderson and call it an offseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sign Boucher and Anderson and call it an offseason.
    That would be a terrible off-season but it wouldn’t surprise me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bobby Portis?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not Spursy. I’d be surprised if there were even mild interest in a guy who hospitalized a team mate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jalen Smith or Chris Boucher as back up 4
    Sekou Doumbouya as a project
    Tyus Jones if the Spurs decide to trade White

and maybe Colin Sexton? I gotta be honest I don’t know anything about him, but he‘s young and puts up good numbers and Cleveland doesn‘t want to resign him

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

and maybe Colin Sexton? I gotta be honest I don’t know anything about him, but he‘s young and puts up good numbers and Cleveland doesn‘t want to resign him
    In a market with limited cap space the market for Sexton coming off of injury bears watching. I could see his fit beside DJ honestly. I'm not sure if it's the best use of resources but, it might be...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m in the rent capspace for asset camp.

For example (and only example), what would WAS give us this summer for Bert’s admittedly nasty contract year, which will have 2 years (and a partially guaranteed 3rd year at 5M) at that point?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Why suggest a player you know nothing about?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    read my last sentence again and you might find out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    read my last sentence again and you might find out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a market with limited cap space the market for Sexton coming off of injury bears watching. I could see his fit beside DJ honestly. I'm not sure if it's the best use of resources but, it might be...
    Hey Spurs likes rehabilitating players, Gay, Zollins and Sexton. There you go. Great upside if they can find a way to get him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IF I were in charge of the FO, I would seriously consider putting a max in front of Ayton at 12:01... Either PHO matches (giving them horrible cap issues) or they don't and we get him (and he's likely worth the max we'd be putting in front of him). They only have 2 days to match now, so it's not that big of a deal to tie up our cap-space.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IF I were in charge of the FO, I would seriously consider putting a max in front of Ayton at 12:01... Either PHO matches (giving them horrible cap issues) or they don't and we get him (and he's likely worth the max we'd be putting in front of him). They only have 2 days to match now, so it's not that big of a deal to tie up our cap-space.
    I don't think FA is open yet. That will be tampering.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see any reason to think about Sexton, a 6'1" guard who will want to start somewhere. He's not better than Murray, and teams almost never find success with starting 6'1" shooting guards.

Thread Information