Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/san-antoni...a-draft-rumor/

I wouldn't like Caleb Houstan at 25. I wouldn't mind it at 38, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Wright at the helm, I wouldn't be surprised if the promise was at #9

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another Canadian!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    f'ing blazers. (and dubs and samanic)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    25 would be a weird promise. A higher promise would be a wreck and unlikely. I can see the 'get ahead of everyone' trend they're going with. Michigan was a mess this year. I doubt anyone would stay in the draft for a 2nd round promise. I also don't like the idea of promising the 25 as it goes out of play for trades.

Givony's mock is a mess, by the way.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heard this rumor a while back and they were the first team that sprang to mind. Moreover, when I first started paying attention to this projected draft class early in the season, he was the first player I came across who screamed Spur to me.

If true, could be similar to Joseph, a projected lottery pick entering his freshman season at Texas, was projected to go mid-late 2nd round after the season and in the end went 30th (also in a draft where they had multiple 1sts).
    Last edited by TD 21; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:15 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not suprised the Spurs would be interested, he does fit the SF mold we should be targeting. I'd be SHOCKED and extremely underwhelmed if it was at 25, though. What's the purpose of making that promise? Was he going to pull out of the draft if we didn't? I seriously doubt that. PS: Nevermind. Read the article, now I get it.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can teams even give credible second-round promises? With the lack of a set salary scale for second-rounders, would any sort of salary promise be considered tampering or some other rule violation?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be very surprised..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can teams even give credible second-round promises? With the lack of a set salary scale for second-rounders, would any sort of salary promise be considered tampering or some other rule violation?
    Don't see why it would since he's not under contract to any team yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    f'ing blazers. (and dubs and samanic)
    I liked how things worked out considering they probably wouldn't have traded Batum to get Leonard and probably don't make two Finals and ring once with Batum instead of Leonard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We know that the Spurs have drafted players with the understanding they'd take two-way contracts, and we believe they might have passed on players who didn't agree to that. There's also a precedent of talking to players about contracts to get buyouts in Europe. I don't think talking to a player about what you'd be willing to offer them as second-round pick would be against any rules. It's not like a player has to agree to be drafted, so there's no a scenario where a player gets drafted at 37 but refuses so he can get drafted at 38. Unless they're planning on giving him an unrealistic amount of money no other team would realistically give him, it's probably not a big deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know historically the spurs have made promises but I don’t see it with this one, however I trust the spurs organization if they like him that much might as well grab him with the 25th.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now I wonder: if the whole point of making a promise is to keep your target under the radar, and historically when doing so it blows up in your face and the player actually ends up IN THE SPOTLIGHT BECAUSE OF THAT... wouldn't it make more sense if you were trying to keep a player flying low, to NOT TO MAKE A PROMISE?
    This is actually WORSE than having him play well at the combine... it would have required nothing short of extraordinary for him to jump into the top 25 from where he is currently ranked. Unless, of course, this is all a smokescreen... hopefully.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve never heard of him. Is he a 5’9 un athletic point guard?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who was the last player we drafted that we made a promise to? Livio Jean-Charles?
    Last edited by Uriel; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:14 PM.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do the Spurs think he is so special?

I don't see anything that jumps out to make him a player the Spurs are promising anything with.

I'm having less and less confidence the FO is going to make the most out of this draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who was the last player we drafted that we made a promise to? Livio Jean-Charles?
    Maybe Luka? Draft promises are always iffy Imo unless it’s a guy like Jalen Williiams who’s been climbing up the draft boards.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do the Spurs think he is so special?

I don't see anything that jumps out to make him a player the Spurs are promising anything with.

I'm having less and less confidence the FO is going to make the most out of this draft.
    I don't see any evidence that the Spurs do think that he's special...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CIA Spurs imo.

Makes me think they really want a different big and are doing classic misdirection to obscure their true interest

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine Spurs come away with...

#9 Mark Williams
    #20 PBJ
    #25 Caleb Houston

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine Spurs come away with...

#9 Mark Williams
    #20 PBJ
    #25 Caleb Houston

Is it bad that I honestly wouldn’t be that upset with that? At least we would have size & length

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs look where no one else looks, don’t they? I can barely find good video on this guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's like a month younger than Primo. By the time he's Josh's age, watch out.

I'm skeptical of him, but I'm okay with the Spurs looking for their darlings with some of their picks. If that's Houstan, Minott, Williams, whatever. I just hope they don't outsmart themselves and use all of their bites so esoterically. There is some real, obvious talent in the draft. The Spurs seem to know that -- hence again, all the picks -- so they don't have go mining for it.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    6'8 or taller i dont care about anything else

Thread Information