Page 84 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3474808182838485868788 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 2324
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fun fact , whose year two stats are Jeremy’s comparable 2 I mean to? Yes you got it….the Klaw. Give it time boys, it’s not minute rice.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Had Kawhi had as much freedom as Sochan had he'd have averaged 25pts as a rookie

Had Sochan been put in same condition as Kawhi, he'd be in the G league

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Umm you know when we had KY we were trying to win another ring not so much with Sochan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember when Kawhi was our starting point guard. Good times. Good times.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta keep the thing…the thing. Focus

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he plays the same way that he has since he got moved back to forward for the rest of the season, I think you can call it a successful second year campaign with noticeable improvement. Jump shot has definitely improved and he's making quicker decisions. I think next year he needs to work on speeding up his shot and continuing developing his handle to continue to progress.

15/7/4 on 47/42/86 in his last 10 is not too different from rookie year Scottie Barnes (15/7.5/3.5 on 49/30/74) at the same age which remains my favorite upside comp for him as a high motor quick big forward with a questionable jumper. He's doing this against a weak schedule right now so he probably won't get there completely, but he's still demonstrating the ability to learn and improve very quickly year over year which is encouraging for his future development.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he plays the same way that he has since he got moved back to forward for the rest of the season, I think you can call it a successful second year campaign with noticeable improvement. Jump shot has definitely improved and he's making quicker decisions. I think next year he needs to work on speeding up his shot and continuing developing his handle to continue to progress.

15/7/4 on 47/42/86 in his last 10 is not too different from rookie year Scottie Barnes (15/7.5/3.5 on 49/30/74) at the same age which remains my favorite upside comp for him as a high motor quick big forward with a questionable jumper. He's doing this against a weak schedule right now so he probably won't get there completely, but he's still demonstrating the ability to learn and improve very quickly year over year which is encouraging for his future development.
    Good stuff. 47/42/86 in his last 10 if pretty damn good actually.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's easy to forget this guy is younger than Chet Holmgren.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad we have to cut him outright for not being a good point guard. A shame, really.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, Kawhi was 21 in year two and Sochan is only 20.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad we have to cut him outright for not being a good point guard. A shame, really.
    Yeah seriously. It's all over for this guy.

Less is More
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully GMs are as dumb as some of the posters here and he can be attached to some FRPs as young potential to land an all star perimeter player. He struggles vs any team with size that plays defense and doesn’t let him run his assisted layup lines which is basically every serious playoff team. Even his slow ass 3 will get smacked like tonight if teams actually tried to contest it instead of following their scouting report which says ignore him he’s trash

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not saying we need to trade or cut him. But tonight he only scored 2 more points than me against the worst team in the league. That’s not acceptable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at this point he needs to play 40 minutes per game.. He needs to take every minute from trey, mcdermott and cedi. Only then we may have a consistent D

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan is not selected to represent the Sop res in the Rising Stars challenge.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan is not selected to represent the Sop res in the Rising Stars challenge.
    He's got pop to thank for that..

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How much longer does Sochan's defensive reputation last? His DBPM this year is -1.2 same as last season. Dyson Daniels drafted the same year as Sochan has a +2.1 although he cannot not shoot at all. Wesley is at -0.1 but he was -1.8 last season so according to DBPM he's made a big jump in defense this year.

Just saying that for a guy who supposedly plays strong defense its not supported by advanced stats. Can anyone post his opponent shooting numbers?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you think they weren’t tanking last year when they started 5-2?

They want a star to go with Wemby, and they want the Toronto pick, and can block TOR from tanking BY tanking themselves. Those are two good reasons to tank from the get go, the only good way to do it.
    no one thought they were tanking when they were 5-2. We all knew they were tanking when they traded good vets like Richardson and Poetl that were doing too much good on the court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no one thought they were tanking when they were 5-2. We all knew they were tanking when they traded good vets like Richardson and Poetl that were doing too much good on the court.
    They traded an All Star for two consecutive summers, kind of the definition of stripping your roster bare. They’ve also known about Wemby at least since he was 16, maybe longer. They probably had scouts in the gym for the famous Gobert one on one video that everyone else saw two years later.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How much longer does Sochan's defensive reputation last? His DBPM this year is -1.2 same as last season. Dyson Daniels drafted the same year as Sochan has a +2.1 although he cannot not shoot at all. Wesley is at -0.1 but he was -1.8 last season so according to DBPM he's made a big jump in defense this year.

Just saying that for a guy who supposedly plays strong defense its not supported by advanced stats. Can anyone post his opponent shooting numbers?
    In Jan he is holding his matchup to 2.6 % worst than their average fg% contesting almost as much shots as our centers and still probably top 5 in matchup difficulty league wide. Advance stats on defense are still pretty much garbage.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All those preseason interviews made it very clear they were trying to win initially. On paper a starting 5 of Sochan, Vassell, Johnson, Wemby, & Collins should have worked or at least been slightly successful. And it was… for about six and a half games. But as time passed it became obvious that Collins isn’t reliable, Sochan shouldn’t be the point guard, Vassell probably isn’t a #2 option on a playoff team, Johnson had regressed, and Wemby should be at center.
    But other than that it was a good plan...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But other than that it was a good plan...
    Sometimes (most of the time), fans are wrong about FOs' decisions but for the sake of it, a whole bunch of people here saw/knew that team needed a couple vets who know how to win, and at least a vet PG. I don't know what they were thinking, and I'm pretty sure they were serious about focusing on winning, but this is the godam NBA, an elite league... Were they really believing giving the reins to a sop re PF with zero PG experience would help this team win more?

Really feels like a team of young guys in an adult league. And you could see it hurt their confidence and development.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What do the numbers look like since he went pack to forward? Guarding PGs in this league can make your defensive numbers look bad in a hurry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In Jan he is holding his matchup to 2.6 % worst than their average fg% contesting almost as much shots as our centers and still probably top 5 in matchup difficulty league wide. Advance stats on defense are still pretty much garbage.
    He is also asked to mark so many different types of players, and usually the opposition best player. He was defending banchero last night. Once the Spurs start creating a team, we should see substantial growth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was worried that the PG experiment would destroy sochan’s confidence when he was playing like ass but he seems to be hitting his strides again once he moved back to PF.

I have to admit, I was for the PG experiment at first because I thought if it worked it would be phenomenal, obviously it didn’t and I don’t know what sochan got out of it. Still thought the pathway to go would’ve been having Tre start and sochan being the secondary.

Thread Information