Thx.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^Thanks for the most excellent website

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s real early but it’s hard to not be excited thinking we have a special duo in Vassell and KJ. I love KJ but don’t feel he has star potential, all star yes but star potential I feel only Vassell does imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Timvp. Agree. For the most part, the young Spurs played well but hit a very good defensive wall that is Clippers. The ball didn’t move as well, but they still tallied 23 assists. Keldon kept firing on 3’s but kept missing. I don’t remember if he even tried to attack the rim, he just settled with 3 pointer after 3 pointer and kept missing. It could be Zubac’s defensive presence inside, which also affected Poeltl in my opinion. I thought Dieng’s outside capability could have pulled Zubac out and would’ve allowed open lane, and would’ve contained Zubac better down low because he was having a monstrous game. Sadly we’ve seen this from Poeltl before. He just needs to believe that he is a better player if he’s aggressive.

Devin though was a revelation. The guy was just fun to watch as he somehow able to find his position seamlessly and able to connect with ease. I can only expect great things from him ahead. I like Zollins grit. He didn’t back down despite getting pushed and shoved in the post. Tre was also getting bullied by John Wall who was a man among boys against Spurs guards. And Clippers just seemed a more veteran team. Surely the injuries affected the chemistry and ball movement. The Spurs were just not passing and cutting as well. But I guess it was a reality-check that the Spurs has a long way to go as a team. On to the next game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Total agreement there... Looking at the way things are shaping up I see alot of positives looking forward. I'm starting to think that Tre 'could' develop into a quality starting PG in this league. He still seems a little weak mentally but if he improves that there's alot to like. On Jak I think I'm moving firmly into the 'trade him' camp. It's not that he doesn't fit or anything its just that he's probably not going to be worth what his next contract will demand. I'd move him between now and the deadline and start Zach the rest of the way...give him some burn against the 1's on opposing teams and see what he can he can do. If it doesn't work move him back to the bench next season and replace the starting 5 in the draft or FA.

Devin and KJ aren't just next they're now...I think we have our 2nd and 3rd options going forward. Add an alpha that can play this style and get them some experience and we're ready to start competing...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Add an alpha that can play this style
    Blake Wesley

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like him...way to early to know if he's an alpha though... I think he's got starting potential but that's all I can see at this juncture...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are at square one or one and a half in the rebuild.

However, the team has some pieces in place right now. Maybe not all the right pieces, but still the young developing players are moving along outside of the guy that was fired (won't use his name - makes my skin crawl a little).

But the coaching staff is doing the right thing with playing vets who help the level of play but also giving the rookies and younger players a good amount of floor time.

I hope the team can keep fighting and not get worn down. The effort is good - I think Pop's new staff this year is helping out. The bad defensive or offensive sequences don't seem to show up as much.

Obviously, an option one would be great to go with #3 and #24 - these guys are good players. The 19, 20 and 22 drafts look encouraging too with 5 or 6 promising rotation players.

I'm not used to being patient with the building - it's a very different experience.
    Last edited by Harry Callahan; 11-05-2022 at 10:09 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, the word “Potential” has gotten a lot of GM & Coaches fired over the years - Let’s see if he can complete one season without being injured. But for the record I really like Blake it sucks that he tore his knee up I am hoping he is a Murray and it’s just a one off.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we can upgrade from Poeltl and Tre, this team might really be something. I would much prefer Tre as a backup, we need a bigger more offensively aggressive point guard against good defensive teams like the clippers who have the personnel to shut down one of your primary scorers like they did Keldon, they were just not going to let him have anything at the rim. Tre's improved shooting would make him a monster off the bench.

Man I can't wait for Poeltl to be gone. He should change his name to turtle the way he goes into a s when people get physical with him. I knew he was going to play soft in the first few minutes of the game where Zubac just completely dislodged him going for a rebound and he just put his head down. We won't be taking the next step as a basketball team until he is gone.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know not everyone is on Team Tank. I am a firm member and this is exactly the type of game I root for. I want the Spurs to play hard, continue to develop, stay in the game and get experience in close games, but lose so we can get one more piece. Would you imagine how good this team could be with the status quo plus one superstar from the lottery? It would still take about 3 years, but after that, they could be special.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we can upgrade from Poeltl and Tre, this team might really be something. I would much prefer Tre as a backup, we need a bigger more offensively aggressive point guard against good defensive teams like the clippers who have the personnel to shut down one of your primary scorers like they did Keldon, they were just not going to let him have anything at the rim. Tre's improved shooting would make him a monster off the bench.
    cough Dejounte cough

Man I can't wait for Poeltl to be gone. He should change his name to turtle the way he goes into a s when people get physical with him. I knew he was going to play soft in the first few minutes of the game where Zubac just completely dislodged him going for a rebound and he just put his head down. We won't be taking the next step as a basketball team until he is gone.
    That was his nickname in Toronto

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we could actually put together a legit starting lineup Collins and Tre would be such solid, high end backups.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah what good is DJ if he's a knucklehead?

Skilled af but none of that matters if he explodes on court and gets a suspension which playoffs are high pressure situations. Kid is gonna crack on the big stage until he shows he's tamed and I'm not risking postseason success on his unpredictable temperament.

Good riddance with all we know now though DJ is young and can still get it together plenty of time but not there yet imo. Let ATL ride that rollercoaster.

Same thing with Poeltl. Love what he brings but I do not want his liabilities deep in the postseason. At least with Poeltl his issues are on the court, getting bent by remotely capable opposing bigs and dismal FT shooting will cost you playoff games for sure. Dump the risks and I'd say SA has done a great job of zeroing in on the weakest links.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cough Dejounte cough

That was his nickname in Toronto
    Different thread but the move doesn’t move well with DJM, who is not really a true PG like Tre is. While I don’t necessarily agree with a bigger guard. TP wasn’t, and neither is Scoot if we’re lucky to get him. In time Devin, Sochan need to do a better job helping. And yeah, Poeltl needs to go if last night was any indication that he’ll fold every time going against a caliber big.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After watching the highlights: I'm a little concerned about how Vassell goes up for his jumpers. He often comes down on one leg with the other one kinda kicked out. Over the long haul, if that is a habit that isn't corrected he is going to have some leg injuries and could possibly seriously injure his knee.
    box score shows four of our starters with minus ratings. Won't win many games with those stats

Thread Information