My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/spurs-pacers-grades-2/

Quite the turnaround from the opener, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The spurs bounced back nicely as opposed to the charlotte game, but these are the pacers, a team that wants to tank as much as the spurs if not more. Hopefully it was a learning experience on how to play for more than 3 quarters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alllowing 49 points in forth talk about trying to tank

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if this is a year they're going to suck at home.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Timvp. That was almost a perfect for the young guys except for the last 5 minutes of the ballgame. Their inexperience show as they were rattled with whole vourt defense and they committed very costly turnovers. If not for the big lead, mostly with Josh incredible shooting, the Sours would’ve lost this game. Again I attribute to lack of experience. I just hope they learned from it.

Pop refused to pull Jak when Pacers started the Hack-a-Jak. It’s the only way to win and learn to weather the storm, sink those free throws. I’m so impressed with Tre’s burst of speed. It’s like a 6th gear that just blew bu his defenders on a fast break, very reminiscent of TP’s one-man fastbreak. I have a good feeling Tre will just get better and better. Already he has connected from 3 and was not shy to let them fly.

I like Vassell bouncing back from a terrible outing. He has a smooth stroke. But it seems that he couldn’t slow down Halliburton.

Sochan looks so good out there defensively, and very opportunistic with putbacks. He needs to sink those 3’s and he would make him a lot better.

We need the L, but it was fun to see yhem win. And I couldn’t help rooting for them to win. Good stuff

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank for the quick grades.

It was cool to see a win, there won't be many of them this season. And not just a win but a game that Pop could use for teaching, as that 4th quarter was horrible but they still found a way to get it done. When they started hack a Poeltl they probably thought the Spurs would take him out but Pop was in a 'deal with it' mood. Loved seeing it. Has to be noted that it wasn't the reason they lost the lead, it was due to the poor defense and the inability to move the ball up the court under pressure.

All in all it was a really good game in terms of player development, which is the most important part of the season.

Looking at the schedule, a 10 game losing streak is nigh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Terrible tbh. Should've lost. Now I'm hoping we start to put together an 8-game losing streak. And why did Haliburton go for the 2 instead of pulling up for a 3 at the end?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perfect grades tbh. Thank you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -Vassell was a lot more in rhythm last night
    -Keldon continues to be the best player on the floor for both the Spurs and the opposing team
    -Tre did a solid job. He is a quick mother er who we should rely on for an easy +4 pts every night just for his ability to get by players
    -Collins did good scoring but still has no IQ for boxing out
    -Primo had seven assists but all were a product of his teammates making tough shots instead of them being given good looks. Continues to make head scratching decisions on offense.
    -Sochan looks more and more comfortable every game that goes by. He looked more confident with his handle in this game than the one prior.

I’m glad this kind of game came early as it was a good learning experience for the youth. They’ll learn from it and it will probably be a lot less difficult to hold onto the lead next time. Great coaching call to keep Poeltl in the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im Glad some of our players were able to turn it around from an abysmal first outing.

However I'm wondering why Pop's grades are so high when he is DNPing 2 of our first round picks. Is Pop just so used to having higher second round picks to work with? Is there any other non contending NBA team that does this? It's not like the Spurs have star players eating up a ton of minutes.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades! Missed the game so it was good to read that and watch the highlights. This season is gonna be so weird with me half wanting a complete tank and half wanting to watch these guys grow in confidence and win some games, maybe even be compe ive. I suppose being second worst in the league could still net the #1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A team that won one game by a blow out and lost one game by a small margin and another team that won a game by a small margin and lost a game by a blow out both have records of 1-1. It’s silly to make conclusions this early on, especially for a young team still trying to learn each other. Frankly, I don’t see Vassell as having as bad as a game as he did in game 1 going forward and maybe he won’t consistently put 20+ points every game but I think he’ll get close. I’m more sure of the former than the latter. I’m also confident game 1 and 2 are right around what to expect for Keldon’s floor this season and that we’re in for a treat the rest of the way… could be wrong but I’m not afraid to give bold takes.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is Pop showcasing Yak, JRich, and McDougal? I’d like that but doubtful, at least for Yak. The other two is hard to say. But likely Pop maintaining his dignity after starting a rookie. He can’t play all three…that’s a bridge too far!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is Pop showcasing Yak, JRich, and McDougal? I’d like that but doubtful, at least for Yak. The other two is hard to say. But likely Pop maintaining his dignity after starting a rookie. He can’t play all three…that’s a bridge too far!
    It's an 82 game season. There is plenty of time to start sending vets home or find trades.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will say this they played hard and they played as a team which was nice to see and only thing I can ask for though a L would have been nice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing I love about Jones is how he shaves outward on his drives to the basket so when he closes back in for the attempt it creates the window space to protect from blocks on the shot.

Thread Information