Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    6:00 CST. I'll take the Pacers in this early showdown of bottom 4 contenders.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Loose this one and there is a decent chance to not win a game until Nov 15th.
    Philly (A)
    Wolves two times (A)
    Bulls (H)
    Wolves (H)
    Raps (H)
    Clips (H)
    Nuggets (A)
    Nuggets (H)
    Grizzlies (H)
    Bucks (H)
    Warriors (A)

Blazers (A) might be the first winnable game. Brutal stretch of games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will the last two lotto picks be even a little bit positive and influential?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GSG

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    another must lose game. This L will be super important to secure our 0-10 run to start the season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    myles turner still out. i guarantee someone paid that ball boy to take him out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Philly (A)
    Wolves two times (A)
    Bulls (H)
    Wolves (H)
    Raps (H)
    Clips (H)
    Nuggets (A)
    Nuggets (H)
    Grizzlies (H)
    Bucks (H)
    Warriors (A)

We suck, so we are the trap game now one of them will take it easy and end up losing to our guys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McDermott's 3 point bombs hot streaks will get some wins this year. Not sure who else on the roster is decent 3pt shooter but if they get hot it's a likely Spurs win

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go Spurs Go!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We suck, so we are the trap game now one of them will take it easy and end up losing to our guys
    Yeah, most likely. Maybe a team on a b2b takes us too lightly. That, combined with a good night from our guys could get us a W here and there. But I don't see more than 3 or 4 wins in that stretch.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even a terrible team will win 15 games or so in a season. I think the Spurs will find a way to surprise us and will start the season 2-8.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Turner out gives us a chance. But I've seen bigs on 10 day contracts skull Poeltl so it won't be much of a chance

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I prefer the approach of front loading losses at the start of the season so by the last 30 games or so you have ensured your 14% odds and from there can actually win up relative to any possible wiggle room the other tanking teams may provide you insofar as it still preserves the best possible 14% odds of the #1 overall pick in 2023's draft. Will overlap with the best possible integration of the development of our roster so Spurs could actually test run some full team genuine effort without jeopardizing the pick odds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t mind the L. But at least give me 3 quarters of good basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's be a perfect outcome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was my thoughts for last year but this year I’d kind of like to cut to the chase.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't mind the L

But at lest give me some flashes from Jones, Colins, Primo and Sochan as well as others. Would be cool to also see stuff like Roby settle into a role or something wild card like Lang busting out completely unforeseen lol /blue font

I wanna feel something building and I can be patient as f esp with this draft class coming up

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't mind the L

But at lest give me some flashes from Jones, Colins, Primo and Sochan as well as others. Would be cool to also see stuff like Roby settle into a role or something wild card like Lang busting out completely unforeseen lol /blue font

I wanna feel something building and I can be patient as f esp with this draft class coming up
    Hard to know what we are building without a franchise player to build around tbh.

Let's say we do get tall tony parker. That doesn't automatically mean he meshes with the players we already have on the team. Chicken before the egg problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But I still say guys need 10-15 games to even get into rhythm and get their reg season legs underneath them physically speaking. Younger squad than historically typical so probably get their stamina a little faster than Spurs fans may be used to over the historically typical timeframe but still.

Then you have to factor in the minimal corporate knowledge and it gonna take sec for guys to mesh more together on court and start knowing new teammates strengths and hitting them in their spots. Let alone learning the playbook enough to be consistently plus contributors within that system.

Thirdly, the 1-3 year kids Spurs now disproportionally have against historic norms of general recency are still putting together core skills and tall asks from the coaching staff and wrapping their heads around the load staff hopes to develop them into possibly carrying and seeing if they can build that into their budding game. That takes time.

And even then, maybe some are like Walker IV and will never really get there.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Philly (A)
    Wolves two times (A)
    Bulls (H)
    Wolves (H)
    Raps (H)
    Clips (H)
    Nuggets (A)
    Nuggets (H)
    Grizzlies (H)
    Bucks (H)
    Warriors (A)

They're all brutal when you have a G-League roster tbh. We going for 8-74 this year.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too dangerous. Prefer 0 quarters of good basketball like the Charlotte game. Get skull ed by the Terry Roziers of the world every night, every quarter. Whatever it takes to be able to actually draft some talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard to know what we are building without a franchise player to build around tbh.

Let's say we do get tall tony parker. That doesn't automatically mean he meshes with the players we already have on the team. Chicken before the egg problem.
    Good point and if you are building the supporting crown to drop the cherry-on-top jewel into you def want the crown to be compatible with the gem. Feels like Spurs are building the crown to drop the crown jewel into and time will tell who compliments it the best.

Worse case is hopefully if Spurs think a piece is non-complimentary to Wemby they could possible trade them after using this season to renovate their value. Jettison anyone that looks like a hindrance to a Wemby constructed roster/system and take the picks. If Spurs can flip Thad I believe in their salesmanship for anyone else SA still has but perhaps last deadline was pure luck.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Excited to see the Spurs run around like loose chickens again

The most exciting part is which jerseys will they wear?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This might end up being a huge game when it it comes to tiebreakers come season end. Those matter for draft odds yeah? Either way, need to get this L.

Thread Information