Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like the picks could derail spurs involvement ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Whatever we do if it involves the Clippers or Lakers, I hope we bend them over a barrel on this. We owe them nothing

l ki da feel sorry for Brooklyn given all 3 of the super duper all stars asked out in a very public manner. And LMA gets on around here for doing so privately then also privately working it out with Pop.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good stuff!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow. I literally just wrote this before LJ's post - https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...1#post10860196

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tear this down sa

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s great the Spurs have put themselves in a position of opportunity. Making moves for flexibility and not throwing salary commitments to just anybody led them here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes me think the Spurs are playing this one smart.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs this heavily involved but no deals yet? Spurs are gouging the trades to their advantage and if one ends up goes down it'll be a nice hustle imo

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs shouldn't do anything to potentially increase the odds of S bag winning another championship and the Nets shouldn't have interest in what the Clippers can offer since they don't have an expendable star to send back to keep the Nets in championship contention.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing I like in that article is that the Nets are wanting to get something done before the trade deadline so if the Spurs aren't involved they still have plenty of time to use their cap space on other trades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been trying to tell people…..nice to see the confluence of my thoughts here and that SA is in position to truly take advantage to get a valuable pick(s). I would be happy with one unprotected 1st. If Spurs end up getting more than that and keep books long term clean? I will be VERY happy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds a lot like this: I think we as Spurs fans, especially with our youth, tend to really underrate our talent. The players I have been mentioning, along with the tax savings for BKY seem to be aligning with BKY thought process because if you don’t want Doug/Josh/Zach/Tre then the other players being offered better be WAY BETTER to pass up on getting good players and 40M in tax savings

Who knows what ends up happening, but it makes perfect sense to me what TIMVP is hearing because its completely logical even with having no inside info for BKY to at least be exploring this path even if it doesn’t end up being SA involved

If Jak is involved, unlike my proposal (which was always an option) SA will get more than one pick for sure.

Fake Trade:

Lakers Get: Kyrie + Josh Richardson

BKY Gets: Doug + Tre + Zach + 1 Lakers unprotected 1st

SA Gets: Westbrook (whom they waive so he can sign with a contender) + 1 Lakers unprotected 1st

My thoughts: If LA is really trying to win, and willing to give up 2 firsts this gets them more than just Kyrie in Josh Richardson to help with depth. BKY doesn’t lose Kyrie for a nothing player, gets 3 solid rotation pieces to help now and shaves their 100M tax bill in half while still getting a great pick as well.

SA loses only Tre from the “young” core, keeps rest of core including Jak for another deal/to re-sign and while they maybe should get more than one first for giving up Doug/Zach/Tre/Saving BKY a ton of money, they get the best possible one pick so quality over quan y.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers have to give up both their picks without major protections or its a big no for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seems though there is maybe a better chance than I personally thought that Jak is moved timvp ? Is that the vibe you got that it now seems “more” likely that the odds are he is moved vs kept that this point?

Whether it’s in the Kyrie deal or separately, Spurs moving any combo of Jak and Josh/Doug/Zach/Tre will result in 2+ 1sts which is awesome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s great the Spurs have put themselves in a position of opportunity. Making moves for flexibility and not throwing salary commitments to just anybody led them here.
    For sure - credit to them for doing a lot right too. I was pretty upset last few years justifiably so, but even then the one thing they never did was make the BIG mistake. So even amongst the many mistakes, they avoided the catastrophic ones. Now that they have picked a direction and seem to have a unified vision? They are in a good spot to give themselves a shot long term

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the lakers aren't magic johnson delusional but are still pretty stuck in LALA land. They maximumly leveraged for GM lebron and got one ring. Now they want a bailout. sounds like most american big businesses these days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers have to give up both their picks without major protections or its a big no for me.

Agree - I was fine with one pick (if the deal did not include Jak) but that was ONLY under the pretense that the pick was fully unprotected. If it’s starting to be protected somewhat heavily (like beyond top 3) I would want more picks. If deal includes Jak as well any combo of Josh/Doug/Zach/Tre then I want two picks regardless

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather balk and walk than to relent on terms of a deal. FRP for talent plus FRP for garbage salary hosting. Both, not either or. If you're sending out a decent player AND taking back junk salary that's 2 favors not 1 and must be properly/fully reciprocated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather balk and walk than to relent on terms of a deal. FRP for talent plus FRP for garbage salary hosting. Both, not either or. If you're sending out a decent player AND taking back junk salary that's 2 favors not 1 and must be properly/fully reciprocated.
    Spurs, arent doing anything truly on the salary side though. They are the beneficiary. Not only are they sending out the same money they get back in Westbrook (factoring in salary floor), but they lose 15m off their books next year too. It’s a huge benefit for Spurs in this scenario.

If they were just absorbing a bunch of WB money I get it, but with what they are sending out vs getting back? They are paying really no extra money they wouldn’t be paying anyways. You cannot overlook this point here IMO
    Last edited by DPG21920; 02-05-2023 at 12:23 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the lakers are the loudest team in the trade market but the market for kyrie is bigger than them and the price set by the lakers is easy to surpass. 2 minimally protected picks? value expiring contracts, NO can meet that in a second if they wanted, maybe they call them...okc? This is a buyers market for talent, and a sellers market for capspace. Very weird trade deadline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs better get 2FRP’s unprotected for absorbing Westbrick and another 2 FRP’s for giving up Poeltl. Plus whatever they get for JRich, Zach and Doug. This may require more than 3 teams. Also I agree I don’t like Spurs to send any help to the Clippers and get Nephew a shot at another ring, that’s twice getting ed by this guy.

Also it would be silly to trade both Poeltl and Zach, that would guarantee no W’s from hereon. I’m high on Zach (more than I felt losing Landale). I rather they don’t move him, worst like a chopped liver for nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Compelling perspective, DPG. Yes if Spurs view the financial implications of a possible trade favorably then it would change the stance on relenting to less picks SA would demand back.

I like how you have been framing that financial aspect of SAs obligation to meet the expense floor and in that sense, it really is the same money being spent either way. Interesting scenario here, can't wait to see what the Spurs may pull off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the spurs should either get lakers FRP without much protection, or get a bunch of protected FRP and SRP from trading poertle and whatever in smaller deals. Arguing selling the bank (poertle, richardson and cap space) doesn't look remotely better than the small deal mix that we get for ignoring kryrie and westbrook. getting a late first this draft would be massive for the current core. WE already have a good amount of remote picks. Getting five middling picks helps with future trades on promising young players and veteran stop gaps.

Whilke the spurs should swing for the fences, they should not take a poor deal to do so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Compelling perspective, DPG. Yes if Spurs view the financial implications of a possible trade favorably then it would change the stance on relenting to less picks SA would demand back.

I like how you have been framing that financial aspect of SAs obligation to meet the expense floor and in that sense, it really is the same money being spent either way. Interesting scenario here, can't wait to see what the Spurs may pull off.
    boosting of my last post, is wrong to compare that and say the cap space is worth nothing so a 1 frp is worth it. The 1 frp comes at an opportunity cost for a basket of smaller trades that get assets.

Thread Information