My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GO RAPS !

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The league needs to start hammering teams in the lottery who tank to avoid or delay picks conveying.

These clowns should end up 7th, both so that they can suffer the indignity of the worst possible outcome numerically and for not seeing their shamelessness rewarded.
    It’s impossible to police, there are always injuries that players could play through but won’t and will be used to tank.

It’s a négociations issue, Spurs should’ve done a better job. Props to Masai

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The league needs to start hammering teams in the lottery who tank to avoid or delay picks conveying.

These clowns should end up 7th, both so that they can suffer the indignity of the worst possible outcome numerically and for not seeing their shamelessness rewarded.
    Did DAL end up getting any kind of punishment last year?

On one hand, it's anti-compe ive to tank like this, but on the other hand... it's not like they are the only team tanking. Whether it is to protect your pick or to increase your lotto odds... tankin' is still tankin'. I think the league needs to implement some kind of anti-tanking measures overall. I like the idea of reducing your lotto odds for repeated appearances at the bottom. That could also work for a team like TOR... 3 straight years in the bottom 6, and the third year the pick can be no better than 7th.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The raps will not tank imo and they are not a bottom 6 team
    This is not looking good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nets losing too, and grizzlies currently down as well. but man, losing to detroit?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These clowns aren't winning another game

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    expect raptors to do next year as well.They been sitting players purposely last few
    games already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

After what Portland did a couple of years in a row (sitting Dame for an extended period of time when even he said he was able to play) and Dallas (with the most egregious tank job ever in their last game vs the Spurs where they didn't even bother giving an excuse as to why they sat their best players), there's ZERO chance the NBA does anything. Toronto tanking is a foregone conclusion at this point, we have to hope Portland does as usual to keep their 5th place and that would still give the Spurs a decent chance to keep the pick, though not that which we all expected.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In all honesty, fate ed us over, they tried not to tank for a long time, but after both Poeltl and Barnes went down there was just no way around it. On the other hand, if it does convey we might just thread the needle, hopefully not for the next Primo though.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we only get one pick this year and use it on RISACHER or TOPIC

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In all honesty, fate ed us over, they tried not to tank for a long time, but after both Poeltl and Barnes went down there was just no way around it. On the other hand, if it does convey we might just thread the needle, hopefully not for the next Primo though.
    Thats the thing tho,Poeltl is always injured.The last few years hes been missed several games each year.
    Guy is injury prone.Expect this same next year.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Worse, he's a bigot who just like the others isn't interested in hearing the fact that I've repeatedly stated, which is that the GM is not the lead decision maker.

Anyone with common sense and objectivity would know this is at minimum what Pop himself alluded to yesterday, which is a collaborative effort.
    That makes sense. The bigots here usually have horrid basketball takes. The stupidity transcends all aspects.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    expect raptors to do next year as well.They been sitting players purposely last few
    games already.
    For sure. There’s zero chance the raptors are not tanking next year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad the Spurs couldn't have negotiated an anti-tank measure, like successive years where the pick gets successively less protected, like top 6 year 1, top 4 year 2, top 2 year three, etc.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard to expect anti-tanking measures when they can't even police flopping. Just saying.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard to expect anti-tanking measures when they can't even police flopping. Just saying.
    Getting rid of Tanking is stupid. Bad teams need a good shot at getting good players otherwise they'll be bad forever (see Sacramento, Suns, Charlotte, Pistons, etc). As long as GOOD teams aren't losing on purpose I don't see the problem. Stomache one bad season as a fan so you can have hope (like we did)

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    scoot is so bad lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everybody needs to chill...

1. It may be better for us, if they finish 6th...this giving us a better chance of optimizing the pick.

2. It may be better to have this pick another year (with better drafts).

3. They may jump into the top4 anyway (and like with our Houston coin flip and combinations, that could happen from No7 while No6 slides down)

4. It was kind of a free pick anyway.

5. There are two more years, where we might get it...and if youplay with the draft sim, you get a feeling for even 4th worst teams sliding down to 7th. With Barnes I don't see them beeing bottom 3 for two more years.

6. We are the luckiest franchise when it comes down to drafting, no matter what happens over the next 30 years.

That said...it's all fun to look at other teams just because we own their pick, but nobody should panic or have a bad day because Toronto lost / Memphis won etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting rid of Tanking is stupid. Bad teams need a good shot at getting good players otherwise they'll be bad forever (see Sacramento, Suns, Charlotte, Pistons, etc). As long as GOOD teams aren't losing on purpose I don't see the problem. Stomache one bad season as a fan so you can have hope (like we did)
    Yeah, but it’s not like years of tanking has helped those teams get any better either. How long have the Pistons been tanking? When will it end?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    disaster

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn’t matter. You can’t out tank teams that have been on the tank since October. ALL of those teams are sitting players for a hangnail.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’re not getting into the top 5.
    hope so buddy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I swear if I read another post that says "hard tank" again, I'm gonna go Milton/Office Space. Please just stfu.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So are we hard tanking or not...maybe it's like a mid chub tank, semi flaccid?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should have known better than to think the team with Grady wouldn't Hard Tank

Thread Information